Important update!

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Important update!

Post by bbjunky81 »

noreply66 wrote:If your son is suppose to play in this game I see your point, but if he was just going to watch the game going to visit Ball State is a NO brainer.

Agree with this. If he's just visiting and not a player on the team, this shouldn't even be debated.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Bball4 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:The 'being penalized' thing is #1 this week for "dumbest post of the week." Last week was the "WHATS GOING ON WITH WATERFORD" thread, which won in a landslide.....

But seriously, this move is what needed to happen. Props to the state and AD's of all schools for having this change arranged.
I will take the dumbest post for the week then. I have a son who was suppose to be at Ball State on Saturday for a visit. So yes penalized for the visit. It would have adjusted one community for the girls to go Saturday. Now it affects two communities for the boys. That's my point. I understand you don't see it my way which is fine but that's where the penalizing came from.
So you are saying the Miami Trace girls are playing nobody??? I'm pretty sure if you move the Miami Trace girls game, it affects that "other" girls team that you clearly don't care about. Either way a "game" is moved, and "2" communities are affected. But clearly, you don't care much as to the girls side of basketball.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Also remember the workers at Zanesville. They are scheduled for Friday. It adds another moving part. The Convo was already scheduled for Saturday.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

It's not that I don't care. My son is Colin Woodside and he was suppose to meet with Ball States football coaches Saturday. That's why I'm upset. It is what it is.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Can't argue with that truth.

I would think that Ball State will gladly see him again.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Bball4 wrote:It's not that I don't care. My son is Colin Woodside and he was suppose to meet with Ball States football coaches Saturday. That's why I'm upset. It is what it is.

Your son is a great athlete, and I hate that he's missing a visit. However, if Ball State doesn't work with you on it and doesn't have your sons best interests in mind, then that's on them. I am confident they will gladly reschedule a new date that is convenient for the both of you.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Bball4 wrote:It's not that I don't care. My son is Colin Woodside and he was suppose to meet with Ball States football coaches Saturday. That's why I'm upset. It is what it is.

Your son is a great athlete, and I hate that he's missing a visit. However, if Ball State doesn't work with you on it and doesn't have your sons best interests in mind, then that's on them. I am confident they will gladly reschedule a new date that is convenient for the both of you.
They were willing to reschedule. Again it's all good. Just venting.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Bball4 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

They were willing to reschedule. Again it's all good. Just venting.
Best of luck to your son in the recruitment process, many more colleges will be calling soon enough!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

So only,one game Friday? I was all set to watch two good games, but we understand changes can happen,hardly worth the drive from Portsmouth for one game ,but we will see.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

biggdowgg wrote:So only,one game Friday? I was all set to watch two good games, but we understand changes can happen,hardly worth the drive from Portsmouth for one game ,but we will see.
Why don't you drive up for the game, sleep on 93bulldogs couch then watch basketball all day Saturday? :mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Ah ha, OHSAA takes the hit on income for the good of fans, schools, and communities! Kudos.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Orange and Brown wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:So only,one game Friday? I was all set to watch two good games, but we understand changes can happen,hardly worth the drive from Portsmouth for one game ,but we will see.
Why don't you drive up for the game, sleep on 93bulldogs couch then watch basketball all day Saturday? :mrgreen:
I must add that if you are brave enough to sleep on that couch atleast bring a roll of plastic and whatever you do. Do not shine a blacklight near that couch or you will freak out.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I am all about Bonus Basketball Thirty :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

MTRay23 wrote:I wish they would've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday anyway. But I'm happy that something happened so the fans didn't have to choose.

The higher tournament has precedent. This move has happened many times over the years and is what is best for the athletic community of each school that has this issue.

Return to “Boys Basketball”