Fairland 69 South Point 48 (2017 Convo)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Convo updates Fairlane vs South Point 3-11 6pm

Post by smurray »

dragonalum wrote:
14U wrote:Fairland ever rest players for next game and give bench minutes for experience? I've watched them twice with 30 point lead and kept starters in. Now tonite
If you look at the team's stats over the season, you'll notice that while there are some central players that are on the floor a lot (Howell, VanHorn, Short, Thomas) there are several other players that rotate in and out consistently.
They rotated/subbed freely against Piketon.

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Re: Convo: 3/11 (6PM) #1 Fairland vs. #6 South Point

Post by dragonfan67 »

Dont be haters cause theyve worked hard n thr good. Just because things u dont agree with or they spanked ur team also by 20+. They r not stupid n for the idiot Donald there not red shirt juniors or transfers. Their all just good all Fairland juniors. Lol. Sorry yall cant believe ur teams are getn embarressed by a group of kids that hv worked harder n are alot better than your little Johnies n Billys that are sitting at home. Our kids arent perfect, our fans arent perfect n our coaches arent perfect for yalls expectations. But, we r still winning n still in tourney. Weres ur team. Lol

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Re: Convo updates Fairlane vs South Point 3-11 6pm

Post by dragonalum »

Buramgerdin wrote: I only watched Fairland twice too and observed the same thing. You Dragon fans can flame me, but it is a sign of a STUPID coach. Games can get chippy at the end, especially when the team losing knows it is their last game with ZERO to lose and tempers can flare. If one of your starters goes down with a twisted ankle when you are up 30 with 2 minutes left in the game, the coach should be fired on the spot. It is just STUPID.
I'm not going to flame you, you're entitled to your opinion.

However, I will say that I disagree with your opinion. Coach Speed is a fantastic coach, and great guy. He has ran a great program at Fairland, and it shows by the fact that they are consistent contenders for the conference title and have made several deep runs in the tournament under his leadership. Just because your coaching style is different from his doesn't make his wrong, and it doesn't warrant dismissal. Have a nice day.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT SEASON POINTERS. AND CONGRATULATIONS DRAGONS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

It would've been exciting to see howell and loveday vs this fairland team. Wouldve been two very good teams battling for the ovc

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

The great Vanhorn and Thomas are to much for Garaway....Both are also great kids and let their play do their talking on the court instead of arrogance like some can't seem to master..... Good luck Dragons represent the OVC with class, not arrogance and cockiness!!!! Don't let your winning become a cancer and turn your fans and players into cocky arrogant spoiled crybabies like wheelersburg....It's not people are jealous because Burg wins it's their arrogant attitude of players and fans that turn people off....

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Da man wrote:It would've been exciting to see howell and loveday vs this fairland team. Wouldve been two very good teams battling for the ovc

So you're saying Howell was originally from Gallipolis without saying it?

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

What he meant to say is Howell Moved to Fairland in the 7th grade and he cant get over the fact people move. He just happens to play basketball. The what ifs kill me.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

dragonfan67 wrote:Dont be haters cause theyve worked hard n thr good. Just because things u dont agree with or they spanked ur team also by 20+. They r not stupid n for the idiot Donald there not red shirt juniors or transfers. Their all just good all Fairland juniors. Lol. Sorry yall cant believe ur teams are getn embarressed by a group of kids that hv worked harder n are alot better than your little Johnies n Billys that are sitting at home. Our kids arent perfect, our fans arent perfect n our coaches arent perfect for yalls expectations. But, we r still winning n still in tourney. Weres ur team. Lol
I went to Portsmouth back in the mid 80's and moved and have no team in this but in all my years watching good teams like this years Fairland team it better to take ur studs out late when up big!! I've seen it time after time that a coach leaves in players or puts them back in for reasons only to get that player hurt in some way. I picked Fairland to go to final four this year after watching them. I just don't want to see kids out there for know reason to have that chance to end his season and hurt the team. They remind me of some of my Trojans old teams. They have the player to do it. Good Luck!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”