Question for Gallipolis?

Rebels on 3
All State

Question for Gallipolis?

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Why in the world are they not playing DJ Drenner on varsity? Kid is killing it in the jv games and they need help on the varsity team.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Re: Question for Gallipolis?

Post by Sggrad06 »

The only thing I can think of that they are trying to get him more playing time. He really isn't a true post player , likes to play the wing more then post. But I do agree he does look like a man among boys on the jv level.

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

Heard they may lose some guys next year, and I'm not talking Seniors???

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Raiderfan69 wrote:Heard they may lose some guys next year, and I'm not talking Seniors???

You must've heard the same thing I did that all 3 sophomore post players are possibly leaving? Seems the new coach has "ruffled some feathers" so to speak. Parents say he can't communicate with the kids.

In the game I saw Drenner looked like he definitely could've helped the varsity. I can't believe with his and Streiters size that they aren't using it to block/change shots in the paint?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

where might they be possibly going? get behind the coach and play ball.

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Looks to me like the new coach has got things going in right direction. Another win tonight and still getting better.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

A win against the worst team in SEO doesn't count as headed in the right direction lol but hopefully they can get things going against better teams

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Post by bballmaniac »

DJ drenner isn't playing varsity because he can not keep up with the pace of a varsity basketball game. He is 6'7" and other than stepping in to block and alter shots, he refuses to work on his post game. If he would hit the weight room and bulk up just a little bit he could be a force in the paint. It's just a matter of him actually wanting to play the position that e has the size for. Not thinking that he is a guard.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

It doesnt matter his style of play, hes better and has more up side than anyone else in that program. If he can step out and get 12 a night and change shots then so be it.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I'm not on here to bash anyone. This isn't topix. Dj is a wonderful kid who any coach would love to have on their team. His ability should not be discussed on here.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rebels on 3 wrote:It doesnt matter his style of play, hes better and has more up side than anyone else in that program. If he can step out and get 12 a night and change shots then so be it.

There are 2-3 teams I believe they'd definitely beat.....but thanks for being classy.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

to bad I'm not the coach at 6'7 we would work it out!!!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

BBallin fool wrote:to bad I'm not the coach at 6'7 we would work it out!!!

That's what I'm thinking like I wonder if the coaches have put in any 1 on 1 time away from practice to help him grow as a player? Just using simple logic that if any kid is lighting it up in the JV games and the varsity is struggling why isn't that kid playing varsity? Especially if he's 6'7" in southeastern Ohio! Also agree with the poster that said this is not topix so lets not hate on kids.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Probably one of the best kids in the program.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Coaching is the problem. The kid has enough talent to score 16 a game in jv, not to mention rebounding and blocked/changed shots. At 6'7 in southeastern Ohio he is gonna make a difference on the varsity level.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Sounds like people in Mercerville think that Drenner would look good in a South Gallia uniform!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”