Great first Week of the Convo !!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Great first Week of the Convo !!!!

Post by pfloyd »

... What a great first week/weekend of Basketball Thirty at the Convo !!! The D2 an D3 semi's - perfect ... SEOPs became a legitimate Sports outlet as the powers that be at the Convo gave mattash passes to distribute ... Orange & Brown has been sitting on press row pushing out updates on SEOPs live from the Convo ... I've been doing Napkin Stats from my Cheap Seat perch and mingling among seops posters, old hoops friends, coaches/players past & present ... proud parents of the players participating in the SouthEast District action - I'm lovin' it ...

... Who has made the trek up to the Cheap Seats ??? ... I make it sound like it's high above the Convo but the Cheap Seats where pfloyd plants himself is just a couple rows from the catwalk around the Convo main seating ... both nights of the D2 action there was a who's who of high school coaches in the Cheap Seats - Coach Maddox, Coach Mitchell, Coach Coffman all from Warren ... Coach Bruce from Unioto ... Athens Coach Skinner ... Coach Helber from Fairfield Union ... Mr. VanHorn father of Kollin VanHorn of Fairland shared the Cheap Seat location ... Mr. Woodside father of Colin Woodside stopped up , so did Colin ... Landon Carroll (Oak Hill) took in some D2 action from the Cheap Seats Saturday ... it was great to see Crabsbrother from the Lucasville Valley coaching staff in the Cheap Seats to say hello, and talk about the youngsters coming up for Valley ... ran into the entire Vinton County coaching staff down on the Convo floor before their game Saturday night ... Coach Speed from Fairland came up to the Cheap Seats to say hello before heading out to get dinner following the FHS this afternoon ... Evan Salyers - a great post player for Fairland just a few years ago was in the house on the FHS coaching staff now ... a large contingent from Unioto were sitting behind pfloyd in the Cheap Seats last night ... trojandave stopped by after the Portsmouth vs South Point game today ... Minford parents of past players said hello today as well as folks from Oak HIll I ran into at Oak Hill this season remembered this old face LOL ... Mr. Cochenour father of Hunter Cochenour freshman standout for Eastern Pike came up to let men know he was at the Convo - just wanted to say hello ... I've had the pleasure of talking with Lou Horvath each day/night this past week at the Convo - what a great ambassador to the game of High School Basketball/Basketball Thirty ... 93bulldog has been there each day/night ... Mark Hunter of WATH970 radio sports fame ... Dundas came up to the cheap seats before /after the Vinton County game ... the list goes on ... if you haven't made it District action at the Convo - GET THERE ! it's the great show on earth ! ... stop up, introduce yourself! talk some hoops !! you make the trek to the Cheap Seats once and you'll be hooked !!! I promise !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Great first Week of the Convo !!!!

Post by 93Bulldog »

Great opening week!

Best game thus far, PV against Oak Hill.

Best game I can't wait for, the D2 finals!

Surprise of the tournament? Southeastern! Wow.

Underrated games? The DIV tournament - I'm looking forward to the weeknight match-ups starting Tuesday.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It has been a blast so far. Seem so great games and Lane Ruby..... That kid is a freshman, but he doesn't play like a freshman! lol
Cant wait for the D4 action.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Glad to have the opportunity to introduce pfloyd (a legend) to Bobcat legend Tommy Freeman. Quite a bit of basketball IQ between the two!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd has become to famous for me ,couldn't get to him loll ,did talk to 93dog for a minute though

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

biggdowgg wrote:Pfloyd has become to famous for me ,couldn't get to him loll ,did talk to 93dog for a minute though
He's a major celebrity now; next we'll all have to work within his schedule to get a minute!!!!! Was that a limo he arrived in on Sunday?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

bball30 wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Pfloyd has become to famous for me ,couldn't get to him loll ,did talk to 93dog for a minute though
He's a major celebrity now; next we'll all have to work within his schedule to get a minute!!!!! Was that a limo he arrived in on Sunday?
Starting next year he will have his own bouncer and you will have to be on his pass list in order to get an audience his his royal purpleness.....

I think you can still get by with a few packs of twizlers and a 20 though.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Orange and Brown wrote:
bball30 wrote:
Starting next year he will have his own bouncer and you will have to be on his pass list in order to get an audience his his royal purpleness.....

Oh he is bigger the twizlers now ,you need to get him in a hospitality room or free exclusive passes that include free admission ,free parking under the convoy and free shirts, ain't no nickel bag of twizlers gonna get you close to him!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

biggdowgg wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
bball30 wrote:

Oh he is bigger the twizlers now ,you need to get him in a hospitality room or free exclusive passes that include free admission ,free parking under the convoy and free shirts, ain't no nickel bag of twizlers gonna get you close to him!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”