(1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

bbjunky81
SEO

(1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

Post by bbjunky81 »

Thoughts and predictions?

Haven't had a chance to see Southern play this year but I think they won the TVC. South Webster has played well recently and has a very talented player in Cook.

91blue14
SE

Re: (1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

Post by 91blue14 »

I like Webster in this match up

eaglepride05
Waterboy

Post by eaglepride05 »

Taking Southern by 10

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Southern is obviously the favorite, but Cook has been playing at a high level and will lead SW to make this a good game. This is the time of the year when the Jeeps tough schedule pays off.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Farmer's crew could have had this game, thus insuring a certain teams success. But I think those thin skins from the tomato fields pulled some strings and got that changed. That's a shame cause uncle Farmer has always had a liken for tomato's. :mrgreen:

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Webster should win

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Don't know anything about Southern other than they have size and beat Miller by 14 both matchups (probably doesn't mean anything, but Webster just beat Miller by 22). Read in another thread that one of Southern's main players is out for the year with a broken ankle? Either way, Southern is the favorite here. No pressure on Webster though as they've already exceeded expectations and should enjoy being the hunter this year instead of their typical role as the hunted!

4thngoal: great point about Webster's schedule....they basically had 8 losses before the year started with Valley, Minford, Oak Hill and Wheelersburg on the schedule. But because of playing quality D2/D3 teams like this, no D4 team Webster hits in the tournament is going to intimidate them. Should be a fun game next week.*

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Thoughts and predictions?

Haven't had a chance to see Southern play this year but I think they won the TVC. South Webster has played well recently and has a very talented player in Cook.
If Waterford would happen to lose Friday then southern could tie for the tvc hocking. So they haven't won. Just clearing the air

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Willy Cheatem wrote:Farmer's crew could have had this game, thus insuring a certain teams success. But I think those thin skins from the tomato fields pulled some strings and got that changed. That's a shame cause uncle Farmer has always had a liken for tomato's. :mrgreen:
That's extremely gross. Please take your perverted mumbo jumbo talk elsewhere... sicko

As for the game, should be an instant classic. Talent vs. Intangibles. What wins?

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Ok, I'm assuming you are saying Webster is the talent? I've heard they have the best D4 player in the district with maybe the exception being Justice from Peebles. Also from what I'm reading, SW has played the tough schedule as has been noted several times, and I think it is being said that gives them an advantage, but yet no one wants to pressure on them by then saying Southern is the favorite.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

celticpride wrote:Ok, I'm assuming you are saying Webster is the talent? I've heard they have the best D4 player in the district with maybe the exception being Justice from Peebles. Also from what I'm reading, SW has played the tough schedule as has been noted several times, and I think it is being said that gives them an advantage, but yet no one wants to pressure on them by then saying Southern is the favorite.
It's pretty clear that Southern is the 'favorite.' I think what people are saying is that this isn't your typical 1 vs. 8 match-up because South Webster does play a tough schedule and has a really solid player.

It should be a good game!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

hats off to Coach Ryan Fenton. Really impressed with the job he has done this year! He has a bright coaching career ahead and no doubt South Webster is lucky to have him. Also hats off to the South Webster kids for battling through adversity. I'm taking Webster by 7!

....................and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: couldn't have been said any better. Don't think anybody is slighting Southern at all...just pointing out that the favorite Southern has a much more difficult game to reach the Convo than most D4 #1 seeds typically do.*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote:bbjunky: couldn't have been said any better. Don't think anybody is slighting Southern at all...just pointing out that the favorite Southern has a much more difficult game to reach the Convo than most D4 #1 seeds typically do.*
I agree with you both. This game will be more like the dreaded #4/#5 games. Plus, you have to respect any school that has a custom painted snow plow!

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

4th n Goal wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:bbjunky: couldn't have been said any better. Don't think anybody is slighting Southern at all...just pointing out that the favorite Southern has a much more difficult game to reach the Convo than most D4 #1 seeds typically do.*
I agree with you both. This game will be more like the dreaded #4/#5 games. Plus, you have to respect any school that has a custom painted snow plow!

Just heard Scotty Dale's crew may have the game. Was told they are also the ones who painted the plow in the picture. With that news I'm taking the Does in this one. :mrgreen:

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Looks like a lot of children on this site? Don't really have a clue what they are talking about? To talk about the actual game I can't believe that South Webster was seeded this low. I wonder if the coaches doing the seeding actually watch the teams they are seeding? I really think South Webster will win this game. I can't believe a #1 seed would want to play South Webster first game of the sectional? I think Justice and Cook are the two best players in D4 in southeastern Ohio. This should make for a great sectional game.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

With Mcnickle out, Southerns scoring is very limited. I don't see them being able to score with South Webster

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Talent wise southern should dominate this game but they have very lazy unmotivated kids and therefore SW has a good shot in this one

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Wow those are some strong statements and I can tell you that Southerns best player Wolfe is the furthest thing from "lazy", and "unmotivated" as there is on this earth! McKnickle is a good shooter and his loss will hurt but Southern is still the better team. Of course they play these games because anything can happen.

I'll take Southern by 8-10.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Southern by 14*

Return to “Boys Basketball”