Oak Hill 47 Paint Valley 46 (2017 Convo)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Convo Updates Oak Hill vs Paint Valley 3-5 7:15pm

Post by Orange and Brown »

Swingle had 30 points for PV

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Can't figure out why PV didn't call a timeout after the shot...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Can not leave Landon Carroll open. He will drain one every time. Bad mistake by PV

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I believe Shoemaker should have got ball to Swingel every possession ant the end of that one. Is Dylan Swingle a Junior? Congrats to Oak Hill on a good game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote:Honestly, every possession left needs to go thru Swingle
That was my thoughts exactly. He's a good foul shooter in the clutch.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Oak Hill 47 Paint Valley 46

Post by smurray »

Looks like Norms plan was to let Swingle get his. All Norm does is win, of course Carroll had knock down a deep one.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

What a game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Clutch shot by Landon Carroll. No clue how he was open even from 25-27 feet but he nailed it in rhythm

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Clutch, clutch shot by Landon Carroll to win it. Swingle got his points but OH prevailed by the skin of their teeth. Great basketball game to watch.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GREAT GAME!

Big games = free throws

PV has nobody to blame but themselves. Missed the front end of TWO one-and-ones late in the game. Ouch

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote:Looks like Norms plan was to let Swingle get his. All Norm does is win, of course Carroll had knock down a deep one.
I'm wrong all the time but I disagree....they definitely didn't let Swingle get his. They played hard in guarding him a props to him for what he does to get to 30 points.

Missed ft and perimeter defense breakdown

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

PV 3-10 from ft line

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote:
smurray wrote:Looks like Norms plan was to let Swingle get his. All Norm does is win, of course Carroll had knock down a deep one.
I'm wrong all the time but I disagree....they definitely didn't let Swingle get his. They played hard in guarding him a props to him for what he does to get to 30 points.

Missed ft and perimeter defense breakdown
Agreed. I thought they did well to keep Swingle to 30. 1-4 in the last 1:05 killed the Bearcats. Not using the fouls to give to at least reset tre defense was another key. That's a hard thing to practice though. PV returns 4 of their main 5 players from today's game.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Should have used their fouls at the end. I think PV should have went man too the last two possessions.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How did Swingle do when he faced Southeastern. 3 different SE fans (older men) kept dogging him. The one kept insisting how tired he was and that OH should just run it and wear him down...after 3rd time I turned around and told them that I watched him play 6 complete 10 min quarters in a scrimmage against Jackson and he didn't come out one single time. Other guy just kept saying he's not that good...as he was clearly dominate and 3rd guy (I swear this is word for word)...."back when I played he wouldn't have dunked on me because on the first possession I would tell him he better have clean underwear on if he dunks because I'm going to pull his shorts down if you do" WTH?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote:How did Swingle do when he faced Southeastern. 3 different SE fans (older men) kept dogging him. The one kept insisting how tired he was and that OH should just run it and wear him down...after 3rd time I turned around and told them that I watched him play 6 complete 10 min quarters in a scrimmage against Jackson and he didn't come out one single time. Other guy just kept saying he's not that good...as he was clearly dominate and 3rd guy (I swear this is word for word)...."back when I played he wouldn't have dunked on me because on the first possession I would tell him he better have clean underwear on if he dunks because I'm going to pull his shorts down if you do" WTH?
Sounds like three people who need to get a life and realize this is high school sports.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote:How did Swingle do when he faced Southeastern. 3 different SE fans (older men) kept dogging him. The one kept insisting how tired he was and that OH should just run it and wear him down...after 3rd time I turned around and told them that I watched him play 6 complete 10 min quarters in a scrimmage against Jackson and he didn't come out one single time. Other guy just kept saying he's not that good...as he was clearly dominate and 3rd guy (I swear this is word for word)...."back when I played he wouldn't have dunked on me because on the first possession I would tell him he better have clean underwear on if he dunks because I'm going to pull his shorts down if you do" WTH?
Sooooo pretty much the same experience that I had (minus the racism) lol it's pretty easy to run down a kid from far away, especially one like Swingle.

And Swingle averaged 24 points and 12 rebounds against SE this year in 2 PV wins.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:
Sooooo pretty much the same experience that I had (minus the racism) lol it's pretty easy to run down a kid from far away, especially one like Swingle.
Agree. I've watched Swingle from afar over the last three seasons. The progress he's made on developing a complete game and how he has filled out his body has been very impressive. Obviously a young man who works very hard at his craft.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah he's a junior and radio said WVU is currently looking at him. Congrats to OH on a hard fought win on to a scrappy SE team. Those 3 guys don't have a lick of sense, seriously you get this late in the season everyone is in shape and ready to go.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

The best team lost this game....Paint Valley gift wrapped and handed this game to Oak Hill.... Everyone always says Oak Hill does what it takes to win...Actually they had no answer....Paint Valley just didn't hit free throws and handed them the game...River Valley did the same thing missing easy shots after being up 1 late...Ive watched Oak Hill play 3 games this year and Fairland would absolutely own them......Swingle was a beast!!!! great ball player!!!! Oak Hill is not a great team...I can't believe they only lost 1 game....If they had played in the OVC they wouldn't have had a record like that... Oak Hill has to be the team that surprised me the most...I thought they would be better than they are.....If Oak Hill goes on to regionals they'll get pounded!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”