South Point 59 Portsmouth 42 (2017 Convo)

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: South Point 59 Portsmouth 42

Post by Buramgerdin »

Wise did a really nice job. Has his kids playing hard. SP had the two best players on the floor. I liked how they took the air out of the ball with about 4:40 to go in the 4th.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: South Point 59 Portsmouth 42

Post by mrwonderful »

Great job South Point...Good win over a good Portsmouth team....Closer game than the score indicated....pretty much even game for 3 quarters...SP is a well Coached team who came out after halftime adjustments and played great....

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Final South Point 59 Portsmouth 42

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the South Point Pointers and Coach Wise/his staff on the win.......and to our Trojans on a very good 17-8 season. The Pointers simply outplayed the Trojans in the second half and deserved the victory.

Thanks to all the Trojan seniors, you are Trojans forever, and one special thanks to Kendal Reynolds, whom I watched since junior high and knew that he would have a fine career at PHS (3rd leading scorer all time). Kendal played hard every play, and we're definitely going to miss him next year. Portsmouth does return 3 starters in 2017-2018.......Reese Johnson, DJ Eley, and Daniel Jordan.

Thanks to Coach Eugene Collins and his staff........being absent of a significant post presence for 25 games, with only 1 proven scorer returning from the previous season, and still managing to win 17 games was a remarkable accomplishment. In his 8 years as head coach, the Trojans have averaged 17 wins a season (139-56).

GO TROJANS 2017-2018!!

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

WOW ,17 wins a season for 8 straight years is pretty darn good!!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Coach Collins and The Portsmouth Trojans for another successful season. This one was hard to watch for me because #30 Elijah Adams on South Point is my nephew, and I've never cheered for any Trojan opponent. So I sat still and watched hoping that Elijah played well.....but...I'm certainly happy for him, and I can actually cheer for South Point this next game against a very talented Fairland team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”