Site Admin

Fairland 74 Piketon 42 (2017 Convo)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bbn77
All Conference

Re: Convo: #1 Fairland vs. #4 Piketon 3/5 (2PM)

Post by bbn77 »

Keep it rolling Dragons. Piketon is a disciplined team but simply don't have the firepower to keep up in this one

ROLL PEAKE
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbn77 wrote:Keep it rolling Dragons. Piketon is a disciplined team but simply don't have the firepower to keep up in this one

... with Colin VanHorn back in the lineup the Dragons have too much talent/size and very few weaknesses if any ... not sure what you TRY to take away when getting ready for the Dragon defensively ... having VanHorn in the paint allows for so much to happen on the perimeter at BOTH ends of the court - the perimeter players can take more chances defensively knowing that the big guys as literally got their backs ... offensively the one and done perimeter shooting now turns into putback buckets or restarts to the offense ... AND a deep team just got +1 deeper with VanHorn back in the line up again ... looking forward to seeing Coach Speed and the Dragons at the Convo !

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

I have watched Piketon play one time this year. In the game I watched they looked to run the floor and took quick shots. they didn't take care of the ball very well either. If they do that against Fairland I'm saying Fairland by 30+. Fairland has too much talent and speed for anyone in southeastern ohio to try and do that.If Piketon slows it down and takes care of the ball then I'm calling Fairland by 15-20. But it is tournament time anything can happen. Good luck to Fairland. Represent the OVC!

smith.hill.royalty
Waterboy

Post by smith.hill.royalty »

I know everyone is picking Fairland over my Streaks and I see your reasoning but don't take them fellas from Piketon lightly. Remember when you get to Athens anything can happen....

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Athens is a different beast. I have seen good teams get beat by average ones. In my opinion, teams that rely on the 3 pt line struggle when they reach Athens. The background difference at the Convo vs. smaller high school gyms affect their shooting. Teams that pound it down low tend to do better. Fairland can pound it but haven't lately. If they rely on the 3, this will be close. Fhs 66 Piketon 55

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon doesn't shoot a lot of 3's and attacks the basket like crazy. They have a couple of nice sets for jump shots, but mostly want to get to the rim. Van Horn could be a huge problem for them if he stays out of foul trouble.

Piketon struggled early in the season, but have really turned it on the 2nd half of the season. Casey Moore should get his 1,000th point on Sunday, not sure how close he is, but it would be a nice capper to a heck of a career.

The Dragons should win this game, but if they aren't prepared for the Streaks, then it could be another season ending short of their goal.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

A beat down

Softball_skids
Freshman Team

Post by Softball_skids »

Still not sure that the Streaks have hit their potential yet.. they need to cut down on turnovers and Reader needs to work in the paint.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Gotta take them one step at a time.This is step 2. :mrgreen:

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Softball_skids wrote:Still not sure that the Streaks have hit their potential yet.. they need to cut down on turnovers and Reader needs to work in the paint.
Everyone knows this senior class was good and was going to be good, probably should of had 15 to 17 wins. So don't underestimate the ability they have to hang in this game, the players and talent are there.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Plan to be on hand when Moore scores his 1000th. That should take place unless something strange happens.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

How many does he need?

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

I believe Casey Moore needs 11. That was the last I had heard.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

tigercat1 wrote:I believe Casey Moore needs 11. That was the last I had heard.
Correct, 11.

smith.hill.royalty
Waterboy

Post by smith.hill.royalty »

Word is a couple of the Streaks have come down with the flu and don't know if they will even play Sunday. Being a long time Piketon fan I know that isn't the first time this has ever happened. Probably one of Piketon's most talented teams (98-99) lost to Crooksville in the Districts because of the Flu....

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Fairland in this one !

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan67 »

I sure hope none of Piketon's players are sick. I wanna see the Dragons play them at full strength so there is no excuses if we win. Piketon will need to play at there very best with everyone they have to have a chance against the very good, young talented Dragon team. Good luck Dragons. Stay focused n one game at a time.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Looking forward to seeing Coach Speed's Fairland Dragons at "full Speed" so to speak ... the only time I got a chance to see FHS was vs Athens at the Beasts of the SouthEast minus Kolin VanHorn - lots of talent on the court for the Dragons - one of those few complete TEAMS with NOW it's intact, legitimate inside outside game ... Piketon is a team to NOT be taken lightly for sure but it's so hard to take away enough to slowdown a Fairland TEAM that has sooooooo many weapons offensively and a team that is as athletic as the Dragons defensively ... a positive for the Red Streaks is they DON'T rely on the 3 point basket as much as FHS - with that "6th defender" - the Convo shooting environment - teams like FHS with a tendency to throw up the 3 ball and rely heavily on the 3 ball have trouble finding the range ... while a driving , get to the rim type of team like PHS has an advantage imo - we'll see ! games AREN'T played on paper ! Sunday will be a fun day at the Convo for sure ...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fairland 74 Piketon 42

Post by Orange and Brown »

:mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”