Fairfield Union 42 Miami Trace 40 (2017 Convo)

mattash
Site Admin

Fairfield Union 42 Miami Trace 40 (2017 Convo)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bud07
Freshman Team

Re: #1 Miami Trace @ #2 Fairfield Union

Post by Bud07 »

I'll take FU.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Won't pick a winner, but the team that controls the tempo will win this game. One of the teams hasn't been rattled by super athletic teams all season and I think that gives them a big advantage.

I do think that MT would take more advantage of Woodside getting into foul trouble than Chilli did on Thursday though.

2 excellent TEAMS that have a lot of weapons should make for a really fun game on Friday night. May the best team win!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu has to control the tempo and make sure they just watch 4 wherever he goes. That kid just plays the game hard, never gives up on a play. A lot of fun to watch. Mt will want revenge from last year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Should be quite a ballgame. Fairfield plays a lot of man but they need to have that 2-3 zone in their back pocket just in case.

Good luck to the Falcons, represent the MSL.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Re: Convo: 3/10 #1 Miami Trace vs. #2 Fairfield Union

Post by falconbball »

I will take FU by 6

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

The older pediford boy is pretty fun to watch. Cant let them get to the rim!

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Defensively for Miami Trace, if Tyree (6'6") and Leach (6'5") can contain Woodside without getting in foul trouble, then the rest can stick with the outside shooters.
Offensively, MT needs to get Woodside out of the paint by having him guard Tyree who likes to play outside and can knock down threes, then they can try to drive to the rim with the Pettifords, Pittser and Carter.
Should be a good game. I'm interested to see what both teams do defensively in this one.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

falconbball wrote:The older pediford boy is pretty fun to watch. Cant let them get to the rim!
The Pettiford boys are both the same age, they're twins. #0 DeAndre was unstoppable vs Athens #4 Tyrae has had some pretty good games too.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

MTRay23 wrote:
falconbball wrote:The older pediford boy is pretty fun to watch. Cant let them get to the rim!
The Pettiford boys are both the same age, they're twins. #0 DeAndre was unstoppable vs Athens #4 Tyrae has had some pretty good games too.
didnt realize that sorry , I guess its Tyree that stood out in my mind.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

falconbball wrote:
MTRay23 wrote:
did MT really lose to logan elm by 30? what happened in that game? just curious, Logan elm is in the MSL buckeye along with us. Friday is going to be a great game, it cant get here quick enough for me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Miami Trace

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

falconbball wrote:
falconbball wrote:
MTRay23 wrote: The Pettiford boys are both the same age, they're twins. #0 DeAndre was unstoppable vs Athens #4 Tyrae has had some pretty good games too.
did MT really lose to logan elm by 30? what happened in that game? just curious, Logan elm is in the MSL buckeye along with us. Friday is going to be a great game, it cant get here quick enough for me.
It was like a 7 point game after the 3rd and LE outscored MT 30-8 in the 4th. MT couldn't hit a basket in the 4th (shot around 10% in the 4th) and turned the ball over a bunch and LE couldn't miss (shot 60% in 4th) and went 14/16 from FT line.
Tyree is the 6'6" forward/center

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

falconbball wrote:
falconbball wrote:
MTRay23 wrote: The Pettiford boys are both the same age, they're twins. #0 DeAndre was unstoppable vs Athens #4 Tyrae has had some pretty good games too.
Logan Elm played a 2-3 zone and MT wasn't patient enough against it. Just started chucking three after three, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now, MT typically shoots the three better than they did against LE, but if I have to pick my poison I'm going to make them chuck it and try to take away their penetration to the basket. MT is the most athletic/deepest team in the district in D2.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

bman wrote:
falconbball wrote:
falconbball wrote: didnt realize that sorry , I guess its Tyree that stood out in my mind.
Logan Elm played a 2-3 zone and MT wasn't patient enough against it. Just started chucking three after three, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now, MT typically shoots the three better than they did against LE, but if I have to pick my poison I'm going to make them chuck it and try to take away their penetration to the basket. MT is the most athletic/deepest team in the district in D2.
That's why I was so surprised that Athens went to man-to-man because they were keeping it close playing zone.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

MTRay23 wrote:
bman wrote:
falconbball wrote:
That's why I was so surprised that Athens went to man-to-man because they were keeping it close playing zone.
I couldn't figure that out, either.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Athens actually had the lead when they were pressing and playing zone. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say. I think Miami Trace has more scorers than FU, but #10 lit it up the other night for FU.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

MTRay23 wrote:
falconbball wrote:
falconbball wrote: didnt realize that sorry , I guess its Tyree that stood out in my mind.
It was like a 7 point game after the 3rd and LE outscored MT 30-8 in the 4th. MT couldn't hit a basket in the 4th (shot around 10% in the 4th) and turned the ball over a bunch and LE couldn't miss (shot 60% in 4th) and went 14/16 from FT line.
Tyree is the 6'6" forward/center
he is 6'6 ? he sure doesnt look that tall... hes very athletic I know

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

Skiisme wrote:Athens actually had the lead when they were pressing and playing zone. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say. I think Miami Trace has more scorers than FU, but #10 lit it up the other night for FU.
FU has had multiple times this year 4 or 5 players in double figures, all the guards can shoot the 3 and price, thompson can get to the rim occasionally, with woodside lurking in the paint that makes for a deadly combo just sa'yn...

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I am going MT in this one. After seeing FU twice and MT 4 times. MT will game plan better than my cavaliers did for FU. FU is very very well coached, I think that's what keeps this game close. As far as athletes it's not close it's gotta go to MT.

MT by 6.

Return to “Boys Basketball”