Fairfield Union 42 Miami Trace 40 (2017 Convo)

Falcon01
S

Re: Convo: 3/11 (4PM) #1 Miami Trace vs. #2 Fairfield Union

Post by Falcon01 »

I didn't realize MT had 9 seniors. That's a big class

mhs95_06
S

Re: Convo updates Miami Trace vs Fairfield Union 3-11 4pm

Post by mhs95_06 »

Ukfanatic wrote:Very good game. Very smart to foul by Fairfield at the end to kill time
was close to going in for the win

Also very smart by MT to throw the long pass from the half court sidelines to near the basket to gain some ground when it was tipped OB by FU. From there they set up a very good play for a trey to win that missed and the rebound went out near half court where a fling surprisingly was near to going in.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Great game! Great Win!

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

First, congratulations to the FU Falcons. Good luck the rest of the way. MT coaches lost this game by trying to spread the floor and run time off the clock when there was still 4+ MINUTES left in the game!! They have tried to do this many times this year and the same things happen every time, they start turning the ball over or they take bad shots that let the opponent get momentum and tie the game or take the lead. That's what happened AGAIN yesterday. MT is at their best when they are playing fast, not slowing it down. It looked to me like FU was looking a little fatigued at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th qtr. I saw guys with hands on their hips, taking deep breaths and one or two with hands on knees. I thought that if MT continued pressing and keeping the game fast-paced, they would've eventually worn out FU. But, when MT started stalling I think it gave FU time to catch their breath and finish off the game.

Smart coaching move by FU to use their fouls to run down the clock at the end. Be honest with me Falcon fans, how many of you thought that last shot was in? The FU section had a better look than I did because I was sitting on the corner and didn't get a good look at the trajectory. I didn't think it had a chance when Tyree heaved it up until it rattled in and out, it was a lot closer than I ever thought it would be.

Did anybody else hear the, how can I say this to be politically correct....let's say plus-sized lady in the purple shirt, sitting about half court on the FU side yelling at the ref and telling him she was "going to punch him in the face". We were laughing so hard at her, she was pretty pissed off at the refs.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Why you calling pfloyd plus sized and a lady!?!?!

I've seen 3 different angles of the shot, and all 3, it looks good. Probably shouldn't even call it a shot because he just heaved it up there, but that sucker was halfway down.

Congrats to MT on a great season and to their 9 seniors(9!!!) On a great career.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Also I don't know why an FU fan would wear purple, that's just sacrilegious, since bloom carroll is purple.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Someone has to let the voice of the convo know that big timber woodside is only a JR. He might lose his mind if you tell him though. They have the whole team from FU's grades messed up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”