South Webster 57 Trimble 47 (2017 Convo)

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Re: Confo: 3/8 #2 Trimble @ #6 South Webster

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Sorry "Howie" no fist bump on Wednesday night. The Jeeps are the real deal and the Tomcats are no deal. SW by 12.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

I'll say Trimble in a close scrappy fight! hard to count those boys out. The Dogs will cheer for the Cats that night.
Last edited by sportsmom20 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

art_vandelay wrote:Not one person on this thread has posted that SOC II is better than TVC, yet Primetime has posted 3-4 times about TVC (and thus Trimble) getting no respect. bbjunky81 posted that Webster comes from the stronger SECTIONAL, and he's right. Webster respects Trimble and their program. Seems like Primetime is trying hard to manufacture motivation/chalk-board material. If Trimble needs that to get up for this game, then Webster wins easily. With that being said, I think this will be a hard-fought game between two solid D4 programs.*
Yes it does appear that Primetime is trying get someone motivated. I would say he's either posting that nonsense to get South Webster fired up, or he has a hellof a man crush on Howie. :lol:

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Good luck Jeeps

G0 BuCKs
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Art--- I think he reads what he wants to read. He took my walking into church comment to mean walking on the streets of Glouster.

I will give Prime Time this: he really likes Howie. He is very consistent and persistent.

Remember --- Don't underestimate the 2 Seed!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

LucasDavenport wrote:Art--- I think he reads what he wants to read. He took my walking into church comment to mean walking on the streets of Glouster.

I will give Prime Time this: he really likes Howie. He is very consistent and persistent.

Remember --- Don't underestimate the 2 Seed!
He sure does seem to have a crush on Howie. Unless................

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Confo: #2 Trimble @ #6 South Webster

Post by Jim Ryan »

Prime Time wrote:Yes I have followed Howie for years, Howie is one of better Coaches in all southeastern Ohio, and Yes I would consider going to the Church of Howie, because you have to beleive in your Head Coach teachings to be a successful program and Howie does just that. No I don't walk the streets of Glouster, do you walk on Route 140 past the High School . good Luck Tomcats
Dude, where is the "Church of Howie" located? Are you one of his parishioners? I bet there is a lot of talent in the Howie church choir. Otherwise Howie wouldn't have gone there. :lol:

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

I bet they sing the best hymns and praise choruses..... "Howie Great Thou Art" "Howie Great is Our God" "Howie He Loves". Enough of this Howie crap, let's talk about basketball!

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Re: Confo: #2 Trimble @ #6 South Webster

Post by Harambe »

Prime Time wrote:Trimble is the No 2 seed and seem to be getting no respect. But I have respect for the program in Trimble and Howie is a excellent bench Coach, he knows how to motivate a group of young men. so they may get beat by double digits, I highly don't buy into those saying that but TVC s not owned by SOC .
Trimble is the 2 seed in probably the worst sectional in southern Ohio of all divisions. That's why they are getting no respect. They have established a great program over the years but this year they have played not played and beat quality teams like the ones coming out of the northwest sectional. South Webster is the better team and plays more quality opponents. I will be taking Webster in this game, however I would not be surprised if its close and Webster loses. This is tournament basketball.

DUNKONE
Waterboy

Post by DUNKONE »

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:Sorry "Howie" no fist bump on Wednesday night. The Jeeps are the real deal and the Tomcats are no deal. SW by 12.
First off let me say I am proud of the basketball legacy my boys have created in SE Ohio. Howsie has won everywhere he has been and Jeff has recreated basketball as a dominant sport at Southern.

All that being said. aint now way my boy is gonna let them cats get beat by a bunch of jeeps.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

I'm an atheist to the Church of Howie. Webster by 25. I never heard of Howie until this thread. Nothing good comes out of Glouster except a moving van

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

kingofthegame wrote:I'm an atheist to the Church of Howie. Webster by 25. I never heard of Howie until this thread. Nothing good comes out of Glouster except a moving van
:lol:

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Every one keeps talking about this Howie guy but the Jeeps are one of the better coached teams in SE Ohio. I have a feeling the Jeeps really show up in this one. Jeeps by 17!

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

The Tomcats of Trimble do have the most arrogant fans I have ever seen so it doesn't surprise me that I am hearing all this jazz about Howie. They aren't use to their team not getting the respect as other southern Ohio teams. That stomp wont be good enough to get Trimble the win this year. SW BY 8.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Geez people, did I strike a nerve with people, why all the hate, I made some valid points and then everyone jumped on my facts. fact 1 Trimble is the No 2 seed, South Webster 8 or 9 , fact 2 no Im not from Trimble, Fact 3. I'm catholic and do not go to any place of worship in or around Trimble esp. the church of Howie, Fact 4 ok why all the sensitivity against a great basketball mind, and this is not a bragging on Howie, look,at his past results, top notch in my eyes.Fact 5we will see how weak Trimble is. Fact 6 my money is on Howie to do his thing in this game and have Trimble there at the end win or lose. Good Luck to all. And does anyone like Howie, I hope people look past there personal agenda against him and look at his great results.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prime Time wrote:Geez people, did I strike a nerve with people, why all the hate, I made some valid points and then everyone jumped on my facts. fact 1 Trimble is the No 2 seed, South Webster 8 or 9 , fact 2 no Im not from Trimble, Fact 3. I'm catholic and do not go to any place of worship in or around Trimble esp. the church of Howie, Fact 4 ok why all the sensitivity against a great basketball mind, and this is not a bragging on Howie, look,at his past results, top notch in my eyes.Fact 5we will see how weak Trimble is. Fact 6 my money is on Howie to do his thing in this game and have Trimble there at the end win or lose. Good Luck to all. And does anyone like Howie, I hope people look past there personal agenda against him and look at his great results.
Fact #1 is wrong.
Fact #4 is a question, not a fact
Fact #5 isn't a fact

Awesome

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Let me say Howie from his past seasons will not be out coached in this one.Look at South Point they are hot and on a roll and in my eyes Tomcats will rise and play hard nosed basketball. if I can say this but round ball up in these parts take a back seat to no one, not even Southern Ohio.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Coach Caldwell has proved he is a good coach. But on the flip side Coach Fenton has approved he is one of the top young coaches in southern Ohio. This game is more about players than coaches. The coaches are very close in abilities.

The players that play the best on Wednesday will win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geography taking a pretty hard hit as well.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol, looks like posts are being picked apart, just general observations on my part, again Geez, my opinion is Coach Collins from Portsmouth is the elite Coach of Southern Ohio, his record speaks for itself, Coach Persin from Oak Hill is another elite Coach from Southern Ohio so there , just general assumptions being picked apart and overly analyzed
Last edited by Prime Time on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”