South Webster 57 Trimble 47 (2017 Convo)

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Re: Confo: 3/8 #2 Trimble @ #6 South Webster

Post by kingofthegame »

How did the South Point Pointers make their way into this thread? 3,4,5, etc. Coach of the Year awards in the TVC in basketball and girls volleyball impress me about as much being the Glouster Coloring in the Hills Festival Queen. I think they should name the league championship trophy after Howard since he's coached at every school in the league. But, what I really want to know is if Burr Oak is going to be frying up some crow with that fish come Thursday for Prime Time!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Hey , I'm trying to let people see that a great Coach can get the most out of any group of kids, boys,or girls, a winning game attitude goes a long way for success. It seems that whatever Howie Coachs league titles not far behind. My reference to South Point is if you play hard and as a team anything is possible. I say the Pointers give the Dragons all they want this week. I can't believe all the posts on here negative toward m posts. for what's it's worth , fish is great, but crow I'll eat it and like it, who cares, evidently a ton of people. bottom line is great Coachs are far and few between and there is one in Glouster. seems my assessment does not concur with most but I say look at the history of each Coach and that says a lot. basketball 30 love it in the Convo

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

This thread is full of some of the most creative "jabs" I have seen in a while. LMAO. The hocking hills coloring contest almost caused coffee to be sprayed out of my nose. I do love the Convo, but I also love my time on Burr Oak, in a kayak or pontoon!

I hope this is a good game for both teams, one thing I know for sure, the kids on both sides will play their hearts out, the rest, well.....that's just talk, speculation and good clean fun.
Last edited by sportsmom20 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

PrimeTime: I think you are doing a great job so far but I am still not sure your work is done. I along with others are still somehow not believers. Is there a pre-game festival or fish fry we can attend? If we have ever received a speeding ticket while going through the great suburb of Glouster (Jacksonville) then do we automatically qualify because of fines paid?

Go Jeeps!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

sportsmom20 wrote:This thread is full of some of the most creative "jabs" I have seen in a while. LMAO. The hocking hills coloring contest almost caused coffee to be sprayed out of my nose. I would also like to know how Dirty Sanchez got past the moderators for a user name, that is just funny. I do love the Convo, but I also love my time on Burr Oak, in a kayak or pontoon!

I hope this is a good game for both teams, one thing I know for sure, the kids on both sides will play their hearts out, the rest, well.....that's just talk, speculation and good clean fun.
Interesting question. Rates right up there with how does a youth league coach get a head coaching job at a D2 school? :lol:

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

It was meant as a compliment on the humor in the user name, not that you shouldn't have a user name.....geesh.

Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

sportsmom20 wrote:It was meant as a compliment on the humor in the user name, not that you shouldn't have a user name.....geesh.
Yes, just as my question was meant as a compliment of the accomplishment, and not that he shouldn't have a coaching job. ;)

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

yeah, not feeling that. Good luck to your Buckeyes, sorry that I offended you. I have edited my comment.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

If you come thru Butchel and Boston field , blow your horn for Coach Boston another great Coach that got the most out of his players. O watch your speed thru Murray City. You all will pay your hefty fines and remember there's no running from greatness. Stop in the Dairy Queen and listen to the locals talk about high school sports. it's life up here in the hills and Howie makes it all better. I didn't ask for believers but the pure pleasure of Friday and Saturday nite games . Boston field is the best, The Plains is a great place and the Convo rocks. I've got a dingy and a bamboo fishing pole and Fish sandwich from the kitchen at BOak

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sportsmom , there's a lot of edgy people out there, Tomcats are just as great as any Div 4 team plus Howie is on the sidelines.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Prime Time, we will participate in any fish fry, any day. Just believe in supporting the kids from this area, no matter what school they are in. I was trying actually to lighten up the thread, my apologies. A lot of great kids at Trimble!. A lot of great kids at all of our local schools, love it when they do well in tournaments no matter the sport, or team (well unless we are playing them, lol)

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Got some real geniuses on here....KINGOFCLUELESS...NOT PRIME TIME....IRONHEAD92....Everyone has an opinion .....Coaches will dictate some things and are responsible for putting there team in the best position to be successful ...but the kids will decide the game....Trimble is clearly not as talented as they have been but they are young(for the most part)which makes them dangerous...don't know much about the Jeeps but pretty sure they have played much tougher schedule than the Tomcats....Trimble is historically pretty good in the Convo ...Should be close but edge to Webster....this year......JMO

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Thinking with the tougher schedule this year, South Webster should be able to pull off the upset. Only reason I call it an upset is because of the seeding each team has. South Webster in Meigs Sectional would have been a 2 or 3 seed at worst. Will say Webster by 3 with Trimble missing a deep shot to tie.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck to both teams

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Since the players don't matter I'm taking Webster in this one based on coach Fenton could probably take this Howie fella in a game of 1 on 1.

you will never catch a red light in webster!!
Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Prime Time wrote:Here's my thinking a 12-9 team in my opinion 9 losses thats a lot , but from comments above they are world beaters. 13-8 is overall better record and just average for a Howie team. So to say a 9 loss team is that much better than a hard nosed Trimble team seems kinda one sided thinks no. But who knows. Good luck
12-9 is the record of a team that has to play Wheelersburg 2 times, Oak hill 2 time, Minford 2 times, Portsmouth Clay once, Waverly 2 times?

Trimble has played Waterford and then who? Ill wait.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Harambe wrote:
Prime Time wrote:Here's my thinking a 12-9 team in my opinion 9 losses thats a lot , but from comments above they are world beaters. 13-8 is overall better record and just average for a Howie team. So to say a 9 loss team is that much better than a hard nosed Trimble team seems kinda one sided thinks no. But who knows. Good luck
12-9 is the record of a team that has to play Wheelersburg 2 times, Oak hill 2 time, Minford 2 times, Portsmouth Clay once, Waverly 2 times?

Trimble has played Waterford and then who? Ill wait.
Not to mention East, South Point, Notre Dame, Jackson, and Portsmouth. Schedule wise the Jeeps have been tested, no doubt about that.

Records don't mean a daggon thing this time of year - it's all about who wants it more! Jeeps are more than capable to pull the upset, but they're going to have to play smart!

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

South Webster is a better team than their 12-9 record shows and as mentioned above they have been battle tested.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'll be live from the Roundhouse on Richland posting scores and updates for both of tonight's games.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Game Day!! Good luck to the Jeeps.

The Tomcats don't need luck because they have......

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”