South Webster 57 Trimble 47 (2017 Convo)

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Convo Updates Trimble vs South Webster 3-8 8:00pm

Post by LucasDavenport »

Nice to meet you Orange & Brown

Nice job as always.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Scoring
Jeeps
Shonkwiler 7
Zimmerman 12
Ruth 6
Shiloah Blevins 17
Alek Blevins 11

Trimble
Ryam Richards 8
Hixson 10
Slack 14
Hooper 11
Kittle 4
Looks like Shiloh stood tall in this one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Scoring
Jeeps
Shonkwiler 7
Zimmerman 12
Ruth 6
Shiloah Blevins 17
Alek Blevins 11

Trimble
Ryam Richards 8
Hixson 10
Slack 14
Hooper 11
Kittle 4
Looks like Shiloh stood tall in this one.
Both of them are pretty good ball players.

Trimble had their chances in this one but the night and the spot in the district Championship belongs to South Webster.

Great season Tomcats!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LucasDavenport wrote:Nice to meet you Orange & Brown

Nice job as always.
It was great meeting you as well! :mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Congrats to South Webster on the win.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: South Webster 57 Trimble 47

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice win for Webster tonight...took control early and grinded out the win. Shiloah Blevins played huge for the Jeeps. Trimble couldn't stop him and defensively he controlled the paint. Alek Blevins had some big buckets in 2nd half for Jeeps every time Trimble tried to make a run. Shane Zimmerman was solid as usual but has to avoid the silly fouls against Clay. Also thought sophomore Jacob Ruth and senior Matthew Schonkweiler played big for the Jeeps.

All the talk about Howie before the game (anybody seen Primetime by the way?!?), but Webster coach Ryan Fenton coached a hell of a game. Good use of his timeouts and nice adjustments to whatever Trimble threw at the Jeeps. First of hopefully many wins for Coach Fenton at the Convo. Congrats Jeeps*

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Confo: 3/8 #2 Trimble @ #6 South Webster

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironman92 wrote:#8 or #9 seed South Webster defeats the #2 seed by 10

Congrats on the win.

Good season by Trimble.
:lol: :lol: :lol: *

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

South Webster's schedule, playing in SOC II, is helping the Jeeps in the tournament. I don't think there's a D4 school in the SE district that plays almost exclusively a D3 and D2 (Waverly) schedule like SW does.......they also played my 17-8 Trojans, although we really didn't put up much of a fight in that game. Playing Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Waverly, and Minford twice in addition to playing at Clay is a pretty challenging schedule for any D4 school in the SE. All 5 of the schools I mentioned had winning records, and only Wheelersburg failed to advance to Athens.

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

trojandave wrote:South Webster's schedule, playing in SOC II, is helping the Jeeps in the tournament. I don't think there's a D4 school in the SE district that plays almost exclusively a D3 and D2 (Waverly) schedule like SW does.......they also played my 17-8 Trojans, although we really didn't put up much of a fight in that game. Playing Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Waverly, and Minford twice in addition to playing at Clay is a pretty challenging schedule for any D4 school in the SE. All 5 of the schools I mentioned had winning records, and only Wheelersburg failed to advance to Athens.

This has been their recipe for success since they moved down to D4 in the early 2000's. Play one of the toughest D4 schedules around and you're the most prepared team in the district. The 2006 state champs had tighter scores in league play than they ever did on the tournament trail. It's an ideal situation.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

EagleEye3 wrote:
trojandave wrote:South Webster's schedule, playing in SOC II, is helping the Jeeps in the tournament. I don't think there's a D4 school in the SE district that plays almost exclusively a D3 and D2 (Waverly) schedule like SW does.......they also played my 17-8 Trojans, although we really didn't put up much of a fight in that game. Playing Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Waverly, and Minford twice in addition to playing at Clay is a pretty challenging schedule for any D4 school in the SE. All 5 of the schools I mentioned had winning records, and only Wheelersburg failed to advance to Athens.

This has been their recipe for success since they moved down to D4 in the early 2000's. Play one of the toughest D4 schedules around and you're the most prepared team in the district. The 2006 state champs had tighter scores in league play than they ever did on the tournament trail. It's an ideal situation.

I agree, it has worked out well for South Webster. That's why the majority of South Webster folk are very anti the (possible) move to SOC 1. I would imagine the SOC I schools are against it as well, since the Jeeps have an influx of talent coming for a D4 school all the way down to 6th grade.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote:
EagleEye3 wrote:

I agree, it has worked out well for South Webster. That's why the majority of South Webster folk are very anti the (possible) move to SOC 1. I would imagine the SOC I schools are against it as well, since the Jeeps have an influx of talent coming for a D4 school all the way down to 6th grade.
It's hard not to look ahead to next few years with the talent Webster has coming from its junior high program with this year still going on! Add to that group the current freshmen and sophomores getting thrown into the fire this year, and Webster should be loaded in D4 for the next 5-6 years (assuming no transfers, injuries, etc.). The move to SOC I will take away some of the advantage they have had while playing an SOC II schedule, but hopefully they can keep schools like Burg, Minford, Oak Hill, Valley, Portsmouth, Jackson, Waverly, South Point, etc. on their non-conference schedule to keep that advantage.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”