"Basketball Thirty"

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

"Basketball Thirty"

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Starting Thursday evening players, coaches, fans, southeast district board, college recruiters and us officials take the road to the Convo on Ohio University's campus. What a great time of year for all of us involved. When we (officials) get our post season assignments it's always an honor to get to work there. You get a great atmosphere, great games, seeing other officials and hearing the greatest voice in college hoops, 'Lou Horvath'. He announces players, coaches and us officials names with that recognizable, smooth voice that he has. He announces its, "basketball thirty" and then the show begins. Good luck to all teams, coaches and fans on your many trips to the Convo. Stay safe, enjoy your trips, enjoy the relationship with your friends and especially treat us officials like you like us. Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: "Basketball Thirty"

Post by pfloyd »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote:Starting Thursday evening players, coaches, fans, southeast district board, college recruiters and us officials take the road to the Convo on Ohio University's campus. What a great time of year for all of us involved. When we (officials) get our post season assignments it's always an honor to get to work there. You get a great atmosphere, great games, seeing other officials and hearing the greatest voice in college hoops, 'Lou Horvath'. He announces players, coaches and us officials names with that recognizable, smooth voice that he has. He announces its, "basketball thirty" and then the show begins. Good luck to all teams, coaches and fans on your many trips to the Convo. Stay safe, enjoy your trips, enjoy the relationship with your friends and especially treat us officials like you like us. Lol

... Hey clevelandbrowns#1 ! WE do you like you guys & gals ! - most of the time anyway LOL ... here's to all of the officials who work the " 3 Weeks of the Convo" having there own "survive & advance" season ! ... I have to admit that the majority of the games I have seen at the Convo are handled well be all of the crews involved ... I'll be there for the 3 Weeks of action in what has become my "usual" Cheap Seat location for many many years now ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All officials do a good job ... except Schwarzel, he is terrible.

Lol
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:All officials do a good job ... except Schwarzel, he is terrible.

;)
... I took this one down - this is a good time of the season, not my thread , not intended to throw "jabs" at the officials ... I have never come away from a Convo game blaming the folks in stripes (except one LOL - I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF !!!) ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Looking forward to seeing pfloyd next Sunday. Be there to root my Falcons on, but will also be there game 1 of the full slate of games that day. As for the officials, I like Marcus Thompson the best. Definitely deserves state championship games this year.

Best of luck to all those "Foot Locker" employees working games at the Convo. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was just poking fun at Kevin for the OSU/Michigan game. Im not familiar with the technical story, but im sure he's not the only ref to talk about a call after a game. They all talk, just like coaches talk about them - and fans talk about both. Lol

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

We call him "Mr. Big ten" ,never really had a problem with him,but became one of our favorites after Ohio state Michigan game lol

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

We are so lucky to have such great placed in SE Ohio to host our tournament games.

The "Downtown Gym" at Waverly and Jackson are great sites for Boys Sectionals and Girls Districts. The added improvements over the past few years at Waverly are taking it to another level and there are more improvements coming!!

Then, we have the greatest place for district/regional games in the Roundhouse on Richland!! What a great place to watch some HS basketball. There always seems to be a little extra something to every game at the Convo!

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

I always enjoy watching Kevin work a game. I think he handles the flow and action as good as anyone, anytime ---fact is, I'd put him up against most of the MAC refs I've suffered. Did I say that out loud?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Could someone post a full schedule for all of the games at the convo

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The official tournament thread has this info.

The D4 Sectionals have not been completed yet and therefore the Total schedule is not available

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF