Official 2017 Southeast District Tournament thread

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Official 2017 Southeast District Tournament thread

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's that time again. Basketball Thirty at the Convo! This years tournament gets underway Thursday March 2nd when the D2 teams take the floor to tip off what we hope is another great year of post season action from the Round House on Richland.

Tournament page powered by trivalleyconference.com viewable from PC or laptop ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Convo.html

New this year will be an official district tournament twitter account. They are going to try and upload videos, intros, scores and such throughout the tournament. Page can be found here ... https://twitter.com/BB_30atConvo

A list of radio broadcasts and online streams. Please post any games that will be covered and I will add it to the official list. Thanks

3/2 Miami Trace vs Athens - 6:15
http://970wath.com/
Buckeye Country (105.5) out of WCH

3/2 Fairfield Union vs Chillicothe - 8:00
WBEX (92.7/1490)

3/4Vinton County vs Waverly - 7:00
100.9 Waverly

3/4 Unioto vs Logan Elm - 8:45
WKKJ (94.3)

3/5 Fairland vs Piketon - 2:00
WKKJ (94.3)
100.9 Waverly

3/5 Portsmouth vs South Point - 3:45
99.3 Portsmouth

3/5 Southeastern vs Minford - 5:30
WKKJ (94.3)

3/5 Oak Hill vs Paint Valley - 7:15

3/7 Waterford vs Fairfield

3/7 Eastern Pike vs St. Joe

3/8 Miller vs Clay

3/8 Trimble vs South Webster

DIV GAMES ON MONDAY MARCH 6TH HAVE BEEN MOVED TO WED MARCH 8TH - DUE TO POSSIBLE CONFLICT WITH THE MAC TOURNAMENT.

Any radio stations or media personnel should contact Steve McCollum at convobasketball@gmail.com

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS AT THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT!
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Official 2017 Southeast District Tournament thread

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe/Fairfield Union will be on WBEX (92.7/1490) out of Chillicothe for sure. It is on IHeartRadio, not sure if you can stream it other than that though.

MT/Athens will also be on Buckeye Country (105.5) out of WCH, which also is on IHeartRadio.

Unioto/Logan Elm, Piketon/Fairland, Southeastern/Minford, and Paint Valley/Oak Hill will all be on WKKJ (94.3) out of Chillicothe. Once again, it is available on the IHeartRadio app.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks Dani.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash ! I seem to have lost my SEOPs press pass can you have one waiting for me at the Pass Gate Thursday evening - thanks !

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:mattash ! I seem to have lost my SEOPs press pass can you have one waiting for me at the Pass Gate Thursday evening - thanks !

He took mine away from me ,he should have an extra one

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Waverly should be on 100.9 out of Waverly
Portsmouth and Minford should be on 99.3 out of Portsmouth or possibly 107.5 out of Portsmouth also. 99.3 will be 1st choice for them.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Piketon may also be on 100.9 Waverly station.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I have come to refer to the next phase of basketball Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line as "the 3 Weeks of the Convo" - district/regional play ... where boys high school hoops is taken UP a notch, where everyone of those players, coaches and fans in the SouthEast District WANT to be - in the Mecca of High School hoops, where all roads in Southern/Southeastern Ohio lead - to the Convocation Center on the campus of Ohio University ... to get to the Convo is ONLY half of "fulfilling a post season NEED - playing in the CONVO ... what is just as important and on every high school basketball players "bucket list" is to have his name announced by THE VOICE of high school basketball in Southeast Ohio - Lou Horvath ... Lou has singlehandedly created the post season excitement you find at the Convo ... heck the excitement created has it's own name ! - "Basketball Thirty !!! - there is not a high school fan, player, coach Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line that does not know what "Basketball Thirty" is or the excitement surrounding Lou's pregame leads up to tipoff , the introduction of lineups, the in-game calls , the "2 minutes! 2 minutes!!" announcement that raises the decibel level for both fan bases ... right down to the final "bow" for the seniors on the teams who did not "survive and advance" ... Lou makes just making it to the Convo as a player, coach, TEAM exactly what it should be " a moment to remember" for the players, the coaches ... a moment that players, coaches, fans will take away as a "memory" for life ... the Convo, "Basketball Thirty" ... nothing better in High School hoops ...

... Thank you Lou Horvath (bball30)... as only a fan of the game "I" get excited to be at the Convo ! EVERY YEAR !! ... you've made it a special destination, you've made it THE.BEST.DESTINATION in high school hoops !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lou is the best!

Nuff said.

lol

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

any idea what time the Portsmouth-South Point game will be played?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LetsGoPSU wrote:any idea what time the Portsmouth-South Point game will be played?
3:45

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsGoPSU wrote:any idea what time the Portsmouth-South Point game will be played?

... it looks like the 3:45pm game on the Sunday the 5th for the Portsmouth vs South Point game ...

... the line at the Convo on Sunday the 5th

Fairland vs Piketon ... 2pm
Portmsouth vs South Point ... 3:45 pm
Southeastern vs Minford ..... 5:30 pm
Oak Hill vs Paint Valley ... 7:15 pm

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Can't wait for Sunday get here

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

pfloyd wrote:mattash ! I seem to have lost my SEOPs press pass can you have one waiting for me at the Pass Gate Thursday evening - thanks !

I'm going to ask around and see what I can do.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

:D

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Let's use PFloyd's Rankings to look at these District matchups.

Thursday 3/2 Division 2

#3 Miami Trace vs #19 Athens

#2 Fairfield Union vs #6 Chillicothe

This District contains 3 of the top 8 and the only matchup of Top 8 teams in the District Semis.

Saturday 3/4. Division 2

#4 Vinton County vs #17 Waverly

#10 Unioto vs #11 Logan Elm

This District features the last 2 District Champions

Sunday 3/5. Division 3

#1 Fairland vs #29 Piketon

#22 Portsmouth vs #24 South Point

This District features 3 OVC Teams.

Sunday 3/5. Division 3

#46 Southeastern Ross vs #31 Minford

#7 Oak Hill vs #28 Paint Valley

This District features a SOC vs SVC doubleheader

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
sgrebel
Waterboy

Post by sgrebel »

Unread postby pfloyd » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:48 pm

... I have come to refer to the next phase of basketball Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line as "the 3 Weeks of the Convo" - district/regional play ... where boys high school hoops is taken UP a notch, where everyone of those players, coaches and fans in the SouthEast District WANT to be - in the Mecca of High School hoops, where all roads in Southern/Southeastern Ohio lead - to the Convocation Center on the campus of Ohio University ... to get to the Convo is ONLY half of "fulfilling a post season NEED - playing in the CONVO ... what is just as important and on every high school basketball players "bucket list" is to have his name announced by THE VOICE of high school basketball in Southeast Ohio - Lou Horvath ... Lou has singlehandedly created the post season excitement you find at the Convo ... heck the excitement created has it's own name ! - "Basketball Thirty !!! - there is not a high school fan, player, coach Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line that does not know what "Basketball Thirty" is or the excitement surrounding Lou's pregame leads up to tipoff , the introduction of lineups, the in-game calls , the "2 minutes! 2 minutes!!" announcement that raises the decibel level for both fan bases ... right down to the final "bow" for the seniors on the teams who did not "survive and advance" ... Lou makes just making it to the Convo as a player, coach, TEAM exactly what it should be " a moment to remember" for the players, the coaches ... a moment that players, coaches, fans will take away as a "memory" for life ... the Convo, "Basketball Thirty" ... nothing better in High School hoops ...

... Thank you Lou Horvath (bball30)... as only a fan of the game "I" get excited to be at the Convo ! EVERY YEAR !! ... you've made it a special destination, you've made it THE.BEST.DESTINATION in high school hoops !!!

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Should be some good basketball to watch at the Convo this season. 4 games on Sunday and the D4 through the week before Championship Saturday. Throw in the D2 games and it is a lot of basketball to enjoy. Good luck to all teams but better luck to a certain few.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Anyone have links to updated, printable brackets?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

BlueDuck wrote:Anyone have links to updated, printable brackets?
OHSAA State Tournament Brackets

Return to “Boys Basketball”