#2 Fairfield Union(61) @ (44)#3 Chillicothe

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 3-2 Fairfield union vs Chillicothe Convo updates!

Post by Orange and Brown »

36-31 FU 3 left 3rd

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

End of 3
Fairfield Union 41
Chillicothe 37

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Skiisme
All Conference

Re: Convo: #2 Fairfield Union vs. #3 Chillicothe 3/2 (8PM)

Post by Skiisme »

FU 41
Chilli 37
End of 3

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

47-39 FU 5 to go

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

55-42 Falcons 2:40 left in the game

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Final
Fairfield Union 61
Chillicothe 44

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pretty impressive

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

I really underestimated F.U they are a very well coached well rounded team and flat out got after it . Maughmer and Barnes played well for Chillicothe but no one else could get going I said earlier that Jordan Johnson was the s factor for Chillicothe and he couldn't find his 3 ball tonight I think he went 0-6 if I'm not mistaken. Chillicothe couldn't find it from long range tonight and F.U played great hats off to them good luck going forward !

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

F.U. must be the real deal.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MT and Fu should be a good one. Both have a lot of size

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congratulations to the Falcons and also to junior post player Colin Woodside for surpassing 1,000 career points. Nice way to rep the MSL.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

mattash wrote:F.U. must be the real deal.
They are pretty darn good.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the Falcons

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: #2 Fairfield Union(61) @ (44)#3 Chillicothe

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Congrats to FU tonight on a heck of a game plan and even better execution by the young men. They were down early but stuck with it, even when Woodside got in foul trouble. I think they out coached and out hustled chillicothe tonight.
My Cavaliers chose the worst night to have their worst shooting % of the year. 30% from the floor and 1-15 from deep. That happens at the convo. Bright lights and depth perception can throw a team off. Proud of the young men in blue and white.

Go Cavs

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Just got back from the game. Chilli had us a little rattled early with the pressure, just like Meigs did early last week. And oddly, again, when woodside picked up his 2nd foul (3 of his 4 fouls tonight were just trash), fu had to go with 5 guards and really figured out the pressure. Then when woodside came back in, they were able to break it and get him touches. He dominated the post, and I really couldn't believe that chilli let their big play 1 on 1 with woodside. That was a complete mismatch. Lucas Thompson though was the story for fu. That kid was on tonight. He's peaking right now. His drive game this year is giving him more space outside. 30 points for him tonight and 20 for woodside.

2 and 4 from chilli are really nice players. Very quick off the dribble and played really hard. I thought chilli got tired, seemed like they only played about 7 guys and trying to play all that pressure, I thought they got worn out. Other thing was, outside of layups, they didn't make anything tonight. Fu did a great job of keeping them in front of them and made them shoot jumpers and they really struggled to do it. 2-15 in 4th quarter.

Fu shot 33% in the first half, and woodside was in foul trouble most of it, yet was up 3. Made me feel really good about things. Then just like last week, fu made great adjustments at the half and really played well in the second half. Eversole is a really good coach and those kids play hard.

Feel really good about their chances next Saturday, but MT is gonna want revenge and those two brothers are tough!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:Congrats to FU tonight on a heck of a game plan and even better execution by the young men. They were down early but stuck with it, even when Woodside got in foul trouble. I think they out coached and out hustled chillicothe tonight.
My Cavaliers chose the worst night to have their worst shooting % of the year. 30% from the floor and 1-15 from deep. That happens at the convo. Bright lights and depth perception can throw a team off. Proud of the young men in blue and white.

Go Cavs
I said this pregame to my cousin, that fu being there last year and all those guys having shot there, might be an advantage. That depth perception is a real thing at the convo and it's tough to adjust to.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Shoot, forgot to ask this in my first post. Does chilli normally not run much offense? It seemed like they were basically just motion out top and 1 on 1 when they thought they could. Other than the early 3 from #4, I can't really remember them running many set plays. So I was curious if that's normal or if maybe they thought they'd have an advantage over fu driving the ball.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Our offense is a good defense. Usually we try some type of weave at the top of the key. That's another thing I didn't mention. FU coach was literally yelling out our plays. They did their homework for sure. Besides Maughmers 3 at the beginning I can't even really think of another jumper that anyone hit. Like you said, besides layups we.could.not.hit. That's basketball though. Jordan Johnson didn't score on his last game as a Cavalier. Tough way to go out.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I told my buddy on the way down route 50, "if we lose I just want us to play a good game and walk away saying well we have it a good shot and we were executing. FU just executed better." That was not the case tonight. We played like dog poo.
Anyone catch the first game? I thought the officiating was horrible! Officiating in my game was a non factor. No excuse here! Lol

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Also one more thing! Speaking of our coaching. So I know #10 can shoot. But we knew that going in. Face guard that kid man! He doesn't get an open 3 period! I don't think he really had a tough 3 all night, maybe a some deeper ones but they weren't super contested. And woodside, FRONT HIM! He didn't one time had to get the ball on a lob. Just some things I would have tried going into the game. And especially after the half! But that's why I get to eat popcorn and skittles every game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”