Final Miami Trace 62 Athens 53

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Convo: #1 Miami Trace vs. #5 Athens 3/2 (6:15PM)

Post by Raider6309 »

Miami Trace was just too athletic for my bulldogs

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Convo: #1 Miami Trace vs. #5 Athens 3/2 (6:15PM)th

Post by VisionQuest »

Hold your heads high Athens Bulldogs!!! A Young team with A 1st year head coach and some bumps and bruises along the way and you still made it to the Convo!!!. What A dream for any young ball player. Athens future is bright, but will have one Daunting question to answer before the start of next season. "Who will be the next Point Guard for Athens???". Something that hasn't needed answered for the last 4 years when you have a Griffin Lutz.

VisionQuest
All State

Re: 3-2 Athens vs Miami Trace Convo Updates

Post by VisionQuest »

Orange and Brown wrote:MT scoring
D Pettiford 17
T Pettiford 10
Pittser 4
Tyree 9
Carter 10
Creamer 8
One of the Pettifords ended up with 22. #0 The smooth little PG. He was hard to stop. Very athletic team. Will be a good one between FU and Trace

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athens came out of halftime and took the lead and I thought, wow Lutz hasn't scored and they are winning. Then they just started turning the ball over like crazy and taking some really bad shots. MT took advantage.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Re: #1 Miami Trace(62) @ (53)#5 Athens

Post by Johnstown »

Decent season for Athens. Lutz fantastic career. The bar was set high because of football only three years back. Just like Nelsonville York. Athens went to playoffs in football several times and then to state championship game. That team produced the likes of Burrow, Williams, Saltzman, the luehrmans to major college football. They created their own publicity. Just a fact. It is pertinent to basketball because that is what winning is all about. College coaches came to Athens to watch those fellows during their spring practice. In hoops it is the same goal. Be the best. This years hoops team played hard.
Next year hopefully they have the same coaches and kids like Saltzman and Albin who no one mentions , but are very good, will get their turn to lead the team. Season over, football is next for most AAU for some.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Falcon01 wrote:Athens came out of halftime and took the lead and I thought, wow Lutz hasn't scored and they are winning. Then they just started turning the ball over like crazy and taking some really bad shots. MT took advantage.
They did a good job of keeping Griff from getting many good shots. MT did a darn good job.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Thought Athens had them for a bit but MT rose to the challange. Great coaching and good players

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Is Lutz going anywhere in college for bball? I thought he was superb even though he wasn't scoring. He have what MT gave him and was an amazing facilitator.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

I don't understand why the Athens coach decided to play man to man defense when the zone was keeping the game close. They couldn't matchup man to man with MT's quickness and nobody could guard Deandre Pettiford. I could see going man once or twice to see how effective it would be, but they stayed in it the whole 3rd qtr and that's when MT broke the game wide open and pretty much sealed the game.
I don't know why MT always starts trying to slow down and run time off the clock when they get a lead. They've done it many times this year and it gets them out of sync offensively and they start turning the ball over and letting the opponent get back in the game. Coach Pittser needs to just let them keep playing and keep doing what they did to get the lead.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:Is Lutz going anywhere in college for bball? I thought he was superb even though he wasn't scoring. He have what MT gave him and was an amazing facilitator.
I am pretty confidant that D-3 Marietta College is highly interested-coaching staff spotted at Several games this year. At one time I heard D-2 Concord. That's all I have heard and know of.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

The thing to keep in mind with this Athens team is that several of them just this year started playing together as a Varsity group. Athens played really good teams with mostly Juniors and Seniors. Going forward with this young team Athens should be highly competitive. 3 Sophomores saw major playing time this season-Maxfield, Hynes and Chubb. Dalton Cozart really found his touch and at 5' 10" isn't afraid to take it to the Rim. Saltzman and Albin are getting more Aggressive and taking shots-Dickelman is always a force in the Paint-very Athletic. Add Koska, Gehrig and Whitehead who all had a great JV season. 1st year Head Coach Cozart now with some experience under his belt as well-Athens has the potential to be Scary good. Add into the mix a dynamic Freshman Isiah Butcher and possibly a Braden Markins if he keeps working in the off-season. The Athens starting five will be talented and athletic and play as a TEAM and the bench will be DEEP. Excited for the next few years for Athens Basketball.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Johnstown wrote:Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.
So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
Johnstown wrote:Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.
So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late
In all fairness, You weren't very supportive of Athens not long ago, saying decisions in house was bad and something about behind closed doors. But that all changed for some reason.

Sorry just a little confused.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
In all fairness, You weren't very supportive of Athens not long ago, saying decisions in house was bad and something about behind closed doors. But that all changed for some reason.

So a person can't be critical?? And question authority. In the real world you can't sugar coat things and expect all is well. I am going to always call a spade a spade and be a straight shooter. I don't live in fairytale land.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote: So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late

So a person can't be critical?? And question authority. In the real world you can't sugar coat things and expect all is well. I am going to always call a spade a spade and be a straight shooter. I don't live in fairytale land.
That's why I said in all fairness, cause I think that was what Johnstown was doing.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

The lense of objectivity is a rare entity.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

What was the guy who picked Athens by 30 smoking?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Spud wrote:What was the guy who picked Athens by 30 smoking?
He was being sarcastic

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

That's why I said in all fairness, cause I think that was what Johnstown was doing.
Johnstown possesses the same "traits" as Michigan-who has disappeared as of late-especially since Johnstown came on the Scene-Hmmm??? A "tone of jealousy" carries within his posts. For some reason he doesn't like that certain players are "recognized" as all-conference or in Hardwood Heroes as Future Stars- yet he has mentioned a couple of players from Athens in his posts on more than one occasion. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Johnstown is. But who cares. AAU will make "boys to men" this off season. So we shall see. I'm out. See you all next season-Maybe....and glad you got to experience my insight and sarcastic and comic genius. SEOPREPS won't be the same till I decide to grace you all with my presence once again....

Return to “Boys Basketball”