Final Miami Trace 62 Athens 53

bman
SEO

Re: Convo: #1 Miami Trace vs. #5 Athens 3/2 (6:15PM)

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
bman wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Anyone have a miami trace roster?
http://oh.8to18.com/MiamiTrace/roster/b ... /2016-2017
Good grief, the last time Athens played MT at the Convo they had two Pettiford's. How many kids that family have? lol
DeAndre and Tyrae are Pettiford's three and four. I think this is it.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

spartans_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
If Athens wins by 25 and Griffin Lutz is the 4th leading scorer I'll pay the $5 parking fee for all Athens fans in the district finals.
hahaha deal
Ironman92,
Still hedging your bets. That will only cost you about 55 bucks. (kidding)

I really like MT. But they like to press and get after it in the full court. That is where Lutz is at his best. I could see this being closer than some might think. Lutz has to stay out of foul trouble. If Lutz plays 30 minutes this will be a ball game.

Go TVC.
I definitely agree that Lutz needs to watch his Fouls. From what I have seen over the years is that he likes to swipe at the ball trying to get a steal and gets called for the Foul instead. He has put his team in some "predicaments" when he does this. At least 2 fouls he commits a game are what I call "cheap fouls". Athens will need him all 32 minutes in this one. Good Luck to the Bulldogs!!! And Congrats for making it to the CONVO!!!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Guy goes out of the country on business and misses a great weekend of Hoops Action, congrats to Athens. Like the matchup v MT, even though I think that Trace is more athletic, as long as Athens can stay in that 23 defense they've seemed to adapt this will be a good ball game with an Athens win.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

if Athens wants a game that is fast paced, up and down the court, i think MT will love to play that style because that is when they play their best. The way to beat MT is to do what WCH tried to do vs MT, slow the game down and make them be patient on offense because, sometimes, they get impatient and take bad shots.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Guy goes out of the country on business and misses a great weekend of Hoops Action, congrats to Athens. Like the matchup v MT, even though I think that Trace is more athletic, as long as Athens can stay in that 23 defense they've seemed to adapt this will be a good ball game with an Athens win.
Are you talking about a 2/3 zone? MT has 5 or 6 guys who can shoot the 3's and i've seen them get hot from beyond the arc and knock down 5 or 6 in a row, and not from just one guy.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

MTRay23 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Guy goes out of the country on business and misses a great weekend of Hoops Action, congrats to Athens. Like the matchup v MT, even though I think that Trace is more athletic, as long as Athens can stay in that 23 defense they've seemed to adapt this will be a good ball game with an Athens win.
Are you talking about a 2/3 zone? MT has 5 or 6 guys who can shoot the 3's and i've seen them get hot from beyond the arc and knock down 5 or 6 in a row, and not from just one guy.
True, but I'd rather have Trace shoot threes than driving to the basket for a much higher percentage shot. Trace is the most athletic team in this division in the SE and does a great job at getting penetration to the basket.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

LOL LUTZ is always always the key to this team. If Athens wins he is the leader of a team effort. Refs do not cheat he knows he commits fouls. Hopefully he hangs in there against MT. The key to AHS having a chance is how does the coach REALLY use his talent and bench?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

MTRay23 wrote:

Well, anyone who has seen MT, knows the key is a zone and forcing you to play from the peremeter. You will see the 2-3 until you stretch a lead and if you get them behind it will be a beatdown. If you get behind, it will be a beat down as your shooters will press and Athens will run.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

What did Logan Elm do the night they beat Trace by almost 30??. Was this just a "fluke" game??. Maybe cause it was early in the season and Trace wasn't playing the best then. They are 20-3 for a Reason and also beat VC at the end of the Season. Sounds like it may be an uphill battle for Athens. I like the idea of slowing it down and staying in that ZONE-Worked well against Sheridan. Sounds like MT has some Athletes. Who shows up??-Who has nerves of steel??-Will Lutz stay out of Foul Trouble??-So many Factors. Tomorrow night at 6:15 we will see.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Best of luck and injury free games from VC land!! Heading over to watch the games tonight. Love hoops at the Convo!! Great teams and good games

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

3-2 Athens vs Miami Trace Convo Updates

Post by Orange and Brown »

We got 2 games tonight. I'll be live from the Roundhouse on Richland posting scores and updates!
I'll try my best to post see stats as well after each game!
It's almost basketball 30!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 3-2 Southeast district tournament updates!

Athens vs Miami Trace tips at 6:15!
Fairfield Union vs Chillicothe tips at 8!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

After 1
Miami Trace 13
Athens 11
Cozart pacing the way for Athens with 8
Trace spreading the points out.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

MT 13
Athens 11
After 1

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 3-2 Athens vs Miami Trace Convo Updates

Post by mattash »

keep them coming

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

25-21 Miami Trace at the half. Lutz down with a neck injury at 36 seconds left
Last edited by Skiisme on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Halftime
Miami Trace 25
Athens 21
Tyree is leading the way for MT with 7 points
Cozart is leading Athens scorers with 8
Lutz is held scoreless. He took a hard fall just before the half but walked off the court.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Lutz back out after halftime warming up. Held scoreless in the first half. Athens needs him on the court.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Lutz is playing second half

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Athens getting set momentum