Final Miami Trace 62 Athens 53

VisionQuest
All State

Re: #1 Miami Trace(62) @ (53)#5 Athens

Post by VisionQuest »

The thing to keep in mind with this Athens team is that several of them just this year started playing together as a Varsity group. Athens played really good teams with mostly Juniors and Seniors. Going forward with this young team Athens should be highly competitive. 3 Sophomores saw major playing time this season-Maxfield, Hynes and Chubb. Dalton Cozart really found his touch and at 5' 10" isn't afraid to take it to the Rim. Saltzman and Albin are getting more Aggressive and taking shots-Dickelman is always a force in the Paint-very Athletic. Add Koska, Gehrig and Whitehead who all had a great JV season. 1st year Head Coach Cozart now with some experience under his belt as well-Athens has the potential to be Scary good. Add into the mix a dynamic Freshman Isiah Butcher and possibly a Braden Markins if he keeps working in the off-season. The Athens starting five will be talented and athletic and play as a TEAM and the bench will be DEEP. Excited for the next few years for Athens Basketball.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Johnstown wrote:Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.
So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
Johnstown wrote:Athens has a good future? Scary good? People realize that hyping the team is well just hype. Players have to get way better to make a area impact. All conference is basically a selection by the team coaches and Hardwood Heroes by mommy and daddy and grandparents. Each coach can select his own players depending on standings of the teams. Oh my students made All State I teach at an Athens area school.These sure are wonderful kids on the Athens team. TEAM is the key. Got to play as a team. Go Dogs. Thanks coach Mickey and Chris.
So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late
In all fairness, You weren't very supportive of Athens not long ago, saying decisions in house was bad and something about behind closed doors. But that all changed for some reason.

Sorry just a little confused.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
In all fairness, You weren't very supportive of Athens not long ago, saying decisions in house was bad and something about behind closed doors. But that all changed for some reason.

So a person can't be critical?? And question authority. In the real world you can't sugar coat things and expect all is well. I am going to always call a spade a spade and be a straight shooter. I don't live in fairytale land.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote: So are you for Athens or against Athens?? Someone makes a positive post about Athens future and you try to analyze that?? And why do you mention Hardwood Heroes and this All-Conference and All-State "jibberish"??. I am curious?? If a kid can get mentioned and recognized for his hard work and efforts what is wrong with that?? You kind of sound like that old poster Michigan who has disappeared from SEOPREPS as of late

So a person can't be critical?? And question authority. In the real world you can't sugar coat things and expect all is well. I am going to always call a spade a spade and be a straight shooter. I don't live in fairytale land.
That's why I said in all fairness, cause I think that was what Johnstown was doing.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

The lense of objectivity is a rare entity.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

What was the guy who picked Athens by 30 smoking?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Spud wrote:What was the guy who picked Athens by 30 smoking?
He was being sarcastic

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

That's why I said in all fairness, cause I think that was what Johnstown was doing.
Johnstown possesses the same "traits" as Michigan-who has disappeared as of late-especially since Johnstown came on the Scene-Hmmm??? A "tone of jealousy" carries within his posts. For some reason he doesn't like that certain players are "recognized" as all-conference or in Hardwood Heroes as Future Stars- yet he has mentioned a couple of players from Athens in his posts on more than one occasion. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Johnstown is. But who cares. AAU will make "boys to men" this off season. So we shall see. I'm out. See you all next season-Maybe....and glad you got to experience my insight and sarcastic and comic genius. SEOPREPS won't be the same till I decide to grace you all with my presence once again....

Pol pot
SE

Re: Convo: #1 Miami Trace vs. #5 Athens 3/2 (6:15PM)

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens - 74
Watterson - 49
Watterson's worst lost in over 6 years

Watterson also won a grand total of 7 games on the season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looks can be deceiving Pol pot. They had a pretty tough schedule, played in a very tough league - and their tournament run seems to have backed that up. As the #12 seed, Watterson has won two games in the tourney and are playing in the district semi finals vs South on Tuesday.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:Johnstown possesses the same "traits" as Michigan-who has disappeared as of late-especially since Johnstown came on the Scene-Hmmm??? A "tone of jealousy" carries within his posts. For some reason he doesn't like that certain players are "recognized" as all-conference or in Hardwood Heroes as Future Stars- yet he has mentioned a couple of players from Athens in his posts on more than one occasion. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Johnstown is. But who cares. AAU will make "boys to men" this off season. So we shall see. I'm out. See you all next season-Maybe....and glad you got to experience my insight and sarcastic and comic genius. SEOPREPS won't be the same till I decide to grace you all with my presence once again....
Don't worry. Come football time, myself and Paladin will offend every school. It's what we do

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Johnstown possesses the same "traits" as Michigan-who has disappeared as of late-especially since Johnstown came on the Scene-Hmmm??? A "tone of jealousy" carries within his posts. For some reason he doesn't like that certain players are "recognized" as all-conference or in Hardwood Heroes as Future Stars- yet he has mentioned a couple of players from Athens in his posts on more than one occasion. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Johnstown is. But who cares. AAU will make "boys to men" this off season. So we shall see. I'm out. See you all next season-Maybe....and glad you got to experience my insight and sarcastic and comic genius. SEOPREPS won't be the same till I decide to grace you all with my presence once again....
Don't worry. Come football time, myself and Paladin will offend every school. It's what we do
Someone has to do the job :D

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:So a person can't be critical?? And question authority. In the real world you can't sugar coat things and expect all is well. I am going to always call a spade a spade and be a straight shooter. I don't live in fairytale land.
Johnstown possesses the same "traits" as Michigan-who has disappeared as of late-especially since Johnstown came on the Scene-Hmmm??? A "tone of jealousy" carries within his posts. For some reason he doesn't like that certain players are "recognized" as all-conference or in Hardwood Heroes as Future Stars- yet he has mentioned a couple of players from Athens in his posts on more than one occasion. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Johnstown is. But who cares. AAU will make "boys to men" this off season. So we shall see. I'm out. See you all next season-Maybe....and glad you got to experience my insight and sarcastic and comic genius. SEOPREPS won't be the same till I decide to grace you all with my presence once again....
Okay coach, see you next season, if you survive. :lol:

sportsgrandpa
Waterboy

Re: Final Miami Trace 62 Athens 53

Post by sportsgrandpa »

Athens has bright future with Hines, Maxfield, Dickelman, Cozart getting to the rim and the likes. I guess a lot of people not agreeing with the vision quest person. TVC Vikings babeeeeee go all the way

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

sportsgrandpa wrote:Athens has bright future with Hines, Maxfield, Dickelman, Cozart getting to the rim and the likes. I guess a lot of people not agreeing with the vision quest person. TVC Vikings babeeeeee go all the way
Athens future is bright. Should be pretty good next year. But just like its been for awhile now, our 'football' oriented program runs up against teams loaded with pure BASKETBALL players and we're ousted from the tournament. Dickleman, Hines, Maxfield, Albin - and lets add the big freshman Isaiah Butcher - are all hitting the weights now in preparation for what folks hope is an outstanding football season next fall. Athens will be bigger, stronger - but does that equate to being better 'basketball' players next winter remains to be seen.

Cozart, Chubb, Saltzmen are dedicated to basketball - and they will undoubtedly improve - but it takes more than three to win at the D2 level.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

93Bulldog wrote:
sportsgrandpa wrote:Athens has bright future with Hines, Maxfield, Dickelman, Cozart getting to the rim and the likes. I guess a lot of people not agreeing with the vision quest person. TVC Vikings babeeeeee go all the way
Athens future is bright. Should be pretty good next year. But just like its been for awhile now, our 'football' oriented program runs up against teams loaded with pure BASKETBALL players and we're ousted from the tournament. Dickleman, Hines, Maxfield, Albin - and lets add the big freshman Isaiah Butcher - are all hitting the weights now in preparation for what folks hope is an outstanding football season next fall. Athens will be bigger, stronger - but does that equate to being better 'basketball' players next winter remains to be seen.

Cozart, Chubb, Saltzmen are dedicated to basketball - and they will undoubtedly improve - but it takes more than three to win at the D2 level.

Of all the kids returning for varsity next year there are only two that do not play AAU/Travel basketball. Basketball and football can coexist in the same school. The two programs at Athens have a lot of support and respect for each other. I look for good things for both programs in the up and coming years.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hope you are right.

But it is becoming more and more the norm for some good basketball programs to have have most of its players doing nothing but playing hoops in August, Sept, Oct and then into Nov.

I don't like it - its just the way it is now.

;(

sportsgrandpa
Waterboy

Post by sportsgrandpa »

Football in Athens to be honest is something special from the top down to the players. Coaches can not be replicated.Hope hoops does well. Athens football has tradition and no politics. Fans and ex players know. Six playing Div one. Bulldog hoops is good. It is HS so kids like to participate.May not have college players after Lutz for a few years but the future is good. Guess we should never compare. Hope coach Cozart and coach Chris return.

Return to “Boys Basketball”