Oak Hill and their route to Regionals

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Oak Hill and their route to Regionals

Post by LucasDavenport »

After tonight the route for Oak Hill to get to the Regionals became a great deal easier. The District already looked like theirs for the taking but now the 1,3,4 and 7 seeds have been removed from their path.

10 seeded River Valley followed by either 6 seeded Paint Valley or 14 seeded Westfall and then in the District Finals it will be 5 seeded Minford or 9 seeded Southeastern

The highest seed left is Minford!! Norm is definitely enjoying this tournament thus far!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Oak Hill and their route to Regionals

Post by Raider6309 »

D3 is pretty bad. Oak Hill and Fairland should make it to the regionals

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The road is good but Oak Hill is very beatable. They are solid but I can see them getting upset just as well. Minford is proving to be pretty good lately. They won't be easy.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

D3 is really weak this year. I'm sure it will change soon.

However, PV could be a problem due to their shooting and Dylan Swingle. Westfall now has 4 guards who can score it, plus their leader is back. I'm not sure the Mustangs or Bearcats can deal with the Oaks style (most can't), but have enough talent to where they could possibly make it interesting.

Obviously, the Oaks are heavy favorites to continue winning into the Regional, but a hot shooter or an injury (or in Warren's case, both) can lead to being knocked out earlier than expected.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ridiculously easy trip to the regionals

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

They still have to play the games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the" one and done" season is so unpredictable - I KNOW the players and Coach Persin WILL NOT let TEAM Oaks look at records or seeds - it's about going up against an opponent every game who has the exact same goal as you - the favored team - their goal is to get to the NEXT game ... as soon as ANY team in ANY division focuses on 2 or 3 games BEYOND "the game that IS" - the underdog just got THE edge they need for an upset ... I was going to post just this " Southeastern over Lynchburg Clay " ... THAT would be enough to keep a team focused on " the game that IS" ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

There is no doubt you can take nothing for granted during Tournament Time. And, if I was from Oak Hill I would not apologize to anyone --- you play the hand that is dealt to you. I was just looking at this District before play began and I thought that Oak Hill had a pretty favorable place and route to the Regionals. Adena was the 3 seed and lost by 20+ to a 2 win Valley team the night before the brackets were posted. Lynchburg was the 1 seed and they played badly down the stretch and also in a D4 heavy league (and might have been highly regarded because of last years success).

Then after last night you look at that District and think .... wow ! It's Oak Hill and .....

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Paint Valley!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote:There is no doubt you can take nothing for granted during Tournament Time. And, if I was from Oak Hill I would not apologize to anyone --- you play the hand that is dealt to you. I was just looking at this District before play began and I thought that Oak Hill had a pretty favorable place and route to the Regionals. Adena was the 3 seed and lost by 20+ to a 2 win Valley team the night before the brackets were posted. Lynchburg was the 1 seed and they played badly down the stretch and also in a D4 heavy league (and might have been highly regarded because of last years success).

Then after last night you look at that District and think .... wow ! It's Oak Hill and .....
... I totally understand - WE are allowed to look down the road - it's the coaches and players who NEED to keep those blinders on LOL ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I would agree that Paint Valley is their toughest opponent left (a slight nod over Minford).

Paint Valley is the only team along their route that had a winning record in their conference

And after watching Waverly dismantle Gallipolis last night and Minford defeat Ironton I think the SOC2 has shown it's legitimate and Oak Hill won the SOC2 at 13-1.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

River Valley - 25
Oak Hill - 23

At the half

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

OH down 2 at half but they are going to win by 15-20

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill up 28-26

They are still going to pull away

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

28-26 3:42 left

5-2 this half

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

29-28 RV 2:53

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RV 31
OH 28

2:14

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

First one to 30?

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

3 points is a lot at this pace.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Pfloyd you are correct. Keep on the blinders or watch from the bleachers. The quickest way to become a spectator is to look ahead.

Return to “Boys Basketball”