Varsity

Re: Oak Hill and their route to Regionals

Post by Bucknut27 »

Oak Hill wins 39-33.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RV big men make a few more bunnies and they walk out of there with a win. That inbounds play to the open 6'6 kid where he pump faked to allow defender to fly by....and they called a travel...that was huge.

Nolan Carroll definitely saved the day for Oak Hill.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This would have been one of the all time upsets in Sectionals.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Made the trip to Jackson to watch this game. Surprised it was $2 to park but rather give that for a good cause than $5 at Convo. Nice facility they have though. Gym was packed.

I have seen River Valley 3 times already but wanted to see the top 5 Oak Hill team. This whole game just surprised me alot. I thought for sure Oak Hill would have this game locked up before half but they didn't show much. The one boy hit some 3's from the corner and a Carroll boy hit some rafter droppers and River Valley actually led at the half. The second half was quick and had few possessions. The other Carroll boy hit some points after his brother tied it at 31. River Valley missed several shots at the basket and Oak Hill escaped with a win.

Do they not use their bench much? Seemed like 2 starters and the bench player never shot or anything. I'm sure Oak Hill just had an off night and likely will win easier the next round. They had trouble tonight. I'll watch them again at the convocation center.

Great effort by River Valley, sure surprised me

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

RV had its chances.....best of luck to Oak Hill!!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

LucasDavenport wrote:This would have been one of the all time upsets in Sectionals.
My biggest of all time is in 2008 (I think) when Todd Mayo and South Point lost to Ironton in the sectional championship. Pointers were 20-0 before that loss

ROLL PEAKE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbn77 wrote:
LucasDavenport wrote:This would have been one of the all time upsets in Sectionals.
My biggest of all time is in 2008 (I think) when Todd Mayo and South Point lost to Ironton in the sectional championship. Pointers were 20-0 before that loss
I was there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”