South Point 70 Wheelersburg 63 (2017 Sectionals)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: #3 Wheelersburg(63) @ (70)#6 South Point

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to the pointers. Couldn't miss. Played well. As always there were some either way calls but it did not affect the game. Pointers were terrific from foul line. Burg was not.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: #3 Wheelersburg @ #6 South Point

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Cats81 wrote:Burg was out coach tonight
Lol imagine that!!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Congrats to South Point. They did a good job hitting from outside, knocking down free throws, keeping track of the guards cheating back, and keeping Holden out of the paint. Well executed game plan.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

Coaching didnt matter. Both teams do not have 5 true starters. Maybe 3.5 at best, when this is the case there are going to be scenarios that are uncontrollable. It was a game of runs and both coaches did fine i thought.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Disappointing end to a disappointing season. No conference championship and don't even get out of sectionals in a weak D3. Don't see next season being any better with Coleman gone. Time for some changes for the Pirates

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

This is not a weak Div 3....There is several teams in the Waverly and Jackson sectionals that are solid....Burg fans are like spoiled children...If they don't win their league or Sectional and make a run they have to put down teams who spank their bottoms as being weak....

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

South Point played a great game tonight. Time for some changes at Burg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

South point was the better team, congrats to them
Anyone know what the burg shot from the free throw line?

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Congratulations to South Point on the Sectional Championship. They played a solid fundamental game and hit their free throws.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Calling it a weak D3 doesn't say much for Wheelersburg since they couldn't get out of the Sectional. There are some solid teams in the D3 that do the fundamental things better than Wheelersburg. Hitting your foul shots, getting back on defense and shooting a decent percentage from the floor. South Point hit their free throws, got back on defense and pushed the ball on offense for easy layups. Give them credit for being the better team last night.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

What was prime time saying about SP and the OVC. So much for the SOC in this one.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

South Point played very well last night....Well Coached and every player I thought played hard and very well.....I thought the key to this win was the Pointers got back on defense and didn't allow wide open layups like they did in earlier game with Burg and hit their free throws....Also SP had 4 or 5 different kids hit 3's....SP didn't depend on one kid to win the game like Wheelersburg did...Yes the Coleman kid scored 27 points but I bet he shot 50% of Wheelersburg shots and half his points were from the charity stripe....Also a lot of the fouls that got him to the line was him jumping into different SP kids standing straight up and getting called for the foul... Refs don't call vertically anymore...Not taking anything away from this kid.. He's a good ball player but Burg lost because they thought he could win the game by himself....South Point played team ball......Why Burg doesn't use Holden down low on defense to protect the rim with Coleman i'll never understand.... but I'm not the Coach.....

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats goes to the South Point team. A all OVC district game. Wonderful I agree with your comments on the Wheelersburg, I have thought the same thing all season , why a high school team with limited inside presence insists on staying outside all the time , like you said I'm not the Coach, also Mr W and your previous post above last one. Pretty much hits the nail.OVC will get a team in regional and maybe two. Pointers could be the Cinderella of this southeastern district.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

South point has a good team ,I told people going in that this would be a good game and the pointers were good enough to win,the Fox kid is a great,ball player,and only a sophomore?
Last edited by biggdowgg on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

South point has a good team ,I told people going in that this would be a good game and the pointers were good enough to win,the Fox kid is a great,ball player,and only a sophomore?

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

#21 for wheelersburg had a good game ,probably their hottest shooter of the most ,butI sit behind the bench and he just has no respect for his coaches at all,what a shame

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... South Point impressed me early on in the season - I thought they had a pair guards that were as good as anyone in Tayshaun Fox and Elijah Adams ... quick, can get into the paint , both a create for themselves off the dribble, both can hit the 3 pointer ... anytime you have at least one person able to get to the rim off the dribble it opens up the floor for the rest of the team to become scorers - the Pointers have 2 such players who not only create for themselves/each other AND the rest of the team ... it doesn't surprise me that South Point will make a visit to Basketball Thirty ...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: #3 Wheelersburg @ #6 South Point

Post by Mad-Dogg »

js7_22 wrote:
Noitall wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
i wasn't at the above mentioned game but i did listen to some of it on the radio and the radio announcers said that the refs did affect the outcome of the game which was a loss in ot for burg

What did the radio guy say about tonight's game?
That Mad-Dogg is clueless with a lot of his statements. Cal Preps couldn't help him out this time. Move along.
calpreps don't do basketball predictions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

as for the game i've got some friends from point and just a lil FYI i did congratulate them on their win. i was also impressed with how they played us in january. they are a good team and deserved this win

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm still in utter disbelief that Wheelersburg lost this game.. I'm surprised at how quiet the Burg posters have been, perhaps they're on a drinking binge to get over it :P

Watching SE Ohio basketball
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bbjunky81 wrote:I'm still in utter disbelief that Wheelersburg lost this game.. I'm surprised at how quiet the Burg posters have been, perhaps they're on a drinking binge to get over it :P
No drinking binge needed, burg just got beat by a better team
Congrats to south point good luck the rest of the way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”