South Point 70 Wheelersburg 63 (2017 Sectionals)

mattash
Site Admin

South Point 70 Wheelersburg 63 (2017 Sectionals)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
dontreply
Freshman Team

Re: #3 Wheelersburg @ #6 South Point

Post by dontreply »

Burg by 15

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Should be a good match up.
SP key will be hitting 3s. And containing Coleman in the paint. If SP hits 8+ 3s I think they have a shot.

Burg key I believe will be shutting down Fox. Adams and others will get theirs. But if Fox goes for 20. Burg will be in for a fight.

Burg 68
SP. 59

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

SP key to winning is
1.Getting back on defense- coleman and a guard cheat back on defensive boards to get wide open layups
2. keep holden from going to rim.......
3. stop the inexcusable turnovers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fox might be to young at this stage. So I'll take the burg pulling away late.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

From all reviews, my prediction is Wheelersburg 64. South Point 45. Burg has come on with Holden And Coleman, plus the SOC so far over OVC and in the end SOC will prevail over rest of matchups with OVC. Athens Bulldogs with a big win last night, and how bout Ridge Young , wow. Future matchup with Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg , Burg by double digits over Trojans is my prediction. In a re match.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Burg and Portsmouth plays?
When is this game?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I believe next Sunday if they both win tonight

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Oh ,I just seen where someone said burg was going to beat the hell out of Portsmouth, I thought they might be playing tonight

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Noitall wrote:Oh ,I just seen where someone said burg was going to beat the hell out of Portsmouth, I thought they might be playing tonight
Curious to see them play again at a neutral site with neutral officials :lol:

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Loll,ok

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

I'm missing something, but I'm guessing the refs beat wheelersbug in a previous game?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Noitall wrote:I'm missing something, but I'm guessing the refs beat wheelersbug in a previous game?
i wasn't at the above mentioned game but i did listen to some of it on the radio and the radio announcers said that the refs did affect the outcome of the game which was a loss in ot for burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

JTEK wrote:I believe next Sunday if they both win tonight
it would be at 3:45 next sunday

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Noitall wrote:I'm missing something, but I'm guessing the refs beat wheelersbug in a previous game?
i wasn't at the above mentioned game but i did listen to some of it on the radio and the radio announcers said that the refs did affect the outcome of the game which was a loss in ot for burg
Are you serious? I know Steve personly and I will bring this to his attention, no way any radio personal should make this comment and not be fired ,very disrespectful to the referees and both teams.

Did the ref miss shots ? Or turn the ball over?

Blaming the refs for losing a game is THE lamest excuse ever!

:roll:

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

One things for sure.. Burg has no right to complain about officiating....If any team gets a break on a call that could go either way u can bet your AZZ it will be Burg..... Also high profile players and Coaches will get more calls in their favor...It's a proven fact....Even worse at the high school level.....Notre Dame always caught the breaks in college football..Lebron James can take 5 steps and dunk because it's impossible for him to walk....A lot of refs can say they don't let high profile Coaches sway them but I know otherwise...Same goes for players......the only time refs will never not figure in an outcome of a close game is if they ever go to some type of video camera set up to watch and call games...Sounds stupid but it could happen and would make all games fair....Just like in baseball...u have so many stooge umpires calling strikes 3 inches off the plate...they get off on calling strike 3....Gives em a gazem..plus gets the game over quicker so they can grab their money....

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Noitall wrote:Burg and Portsmouth plays?
When is this game?
Burg still has to beat South Point , Portsmouth still has to beat North Adams. . I believe I would get these two games out of the way before making predictions about next week.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Noitall wrote:Burg and Portsmouth plays?
When is this game?
Burg still has to beat South Point , Portsmouth still has to beat North Adams. . I believe I would get these two games out of the way before making predictions about next week.
I think both these teams set focused on tonight's game ,neither team has s gimme tonight I think they will both have their hands full

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Funny how this Wheelersburg vs South Point thread turned into Wheelersburg and Portsmouth. Looking ahead this time of year will have you looking from the bleachers. Lynchburg and Southeastern is a good example. Lace them up and play them one at a time or you can get the bats and gloves ready.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

S point 23
Burg. 20
1 minute before half

Return to “Boys Basketball”