Pioneer Valley Conf 2014/2015

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pioneer Valley Conf 2014/2015

Post by EasternDspy »

Who you guys like this year. I see a blowup year for Fort Frye so Justin Anderson
Last edited by EasternDspy on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bogo
Riding the Bench

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2014/2015

Post by bogo »

A
Last edited by bogo on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea the freshman that scored 9 a game last yr for the Cadets kids a beast.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I like Monroe to be at the top when it's all said and done.
FF will be decent.
Frontier has some good talent.
Zeps will be big again.
Caldwell lost a lot of talent. Don't see them winning a lot of games.
BT will be just as bad as the skins

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I see it 1. FF 2. Caldwell 3. Frontier 4. MC 5. Doah 6. Trail

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

It is Fort's league until someone else wins it. Based on what we saw this summer Caldwell is going to challenge them. Both games were outstanding last year and I expect that will happen again this year. Fort lost Lang, the leagues best defender and leader, in both wins against Caldwell he stepped up big in the fourth quarter and scored points. Caldwell lost Wiechman, their all-time leading scorer. Everyone else returns for both teams. Monroe has a few nice kids back in Brown, Jorris, and some other athletes. They always start hot and finish cold under Tolzda. My son said Caldwell plays Monroe both times late in the year this winter. They have had our number the past couple years. Fort always seems to handle them pretty easily though. Frontier has most of it's team back other than the shooter, Snider. They should be good too. I think those four teams can beat anyone on a given night. The other two in the league will struggle to beat anyone other than each other this year. Shenandoah has some size but no guard play at all. Buckeye Trail lost their coach, 11 seniors, had no juniors and a JV team that was terrible. It's going to be a long year for the Warriors. Pre-season prediction:
1. Fort
2. Caldwell
3. Central
4. Frontier
5. Shenandoah
6. Trail

Players to watch:
Fort-Lagrean, Anderson, Kieffer
Caldwell-Clark, Baker, Harding, Figel, Ridenour
Central-Brown, Jorris, Burkhart
Frontier-Camino, Barnes, Bradford, Matheny
Shenandoah-Flood, Cline
Trail-No Idea

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

redskinwitness wrote:It is Fort's league until someone else wins it. Based on what we saw this summer Caldwell is going to challenge them. Both games were outstanding last year and I expect that will happen again this year. Fort lost Lang, the leagues best defender and leader, in both wins against Caldwell he stepped up big in the fourth quarter and scored points. Caldwell lost Wiechman, their all-time leading scorer. Everyone else returns for both teams. Monroe has a few nice kids back in Brown, Jorris, and some other athletes. They always start hot and finish cold under Tolzda. My son said Caldwell plays Monroe both times late in the year this winter. They have had our number the past couple years. Fort always seems to handle them pretty easily though. Frontier has most of it's team back other than the shooter, Snider. They should be good too. I think those four teams can beat anyone on a given night. The other two in the league will struggle to beat anyone other than each other this year. Shenandoah has some size but no guard play at all. Buckeye Trail lost their coach, 11 seniors, had no juniors and a JV team that was terrible. It's going to be a long year for the Warriors. Pre-season prediction:
1. Fort
2. Caldwell
3. Central
4. Frontier
5. Shenandoah
6. Trail

Players to watch:
Fort-Lagrean, Anderson, Kieffer
Caldwell-Clark, Baker, Harding, Figel, Ridenour
Central-Brown, Jorris, Burkhart
Frontier-Camino, Barnes, Bradford, Matheny
Shenandoah-Flood, Cline
Trail-No Idea

Good post

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What makes you think that Noles are that much better then the "decent" Cadet squad? They return 3 high scorers In Legrean (17 ppg) , Kiefer (12.5 ppg) , and Anderson (9.5 ppg). All these players have played aau and have improved a lot. Last yr even with the big Srs Noles could not keep it close. I don't think Jorris and Brown will be enough.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I wouldn't worry too much about PVC Man's opinion. Even when his team loses, he doesn't believe in it.

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

EasternDspy, this noles team brings more to the table than brown and jorris. Although they are great players, you are not counting 6'6 senior. Gavin Morton who played AAU ball over the summer with a very talented group of kids. He improved his game a lot. 6'2 senior. Gage Ash who would've got solid varsity minutes as a junior last year and contributed quite a bit for the noles but was unable to play due to torn ligaments and a broken thumb. This summer he improved his play in all aspects of the game. 6'2 junior. Cole Howell who played AAU this year as well with Gavin Morton and the talented group, he showed himself as a scorer when playing 3 quarters of JV last year against the cadets at MC and put up 22 points. The noles also have experienced senior Tanner Burkhart, who has proved himself as a great outside shooter, good ball handler and able to score. The bench for the noles will be deep, lots of athletes. Now don't get me wrong the cadets will be good as always, but I think your underestimateing your opponent a little too much here. I think you'll be in for a suprise whenever the Noles and Cadets face off this winter. Lou always has his squad ready to play. I'd be ready for a battle

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm sure they will be a pretty team but up top some Noles fans called the Cadets decent. I'm sure all your boys are good but I give the nod to the Cadets. Seth Legraen is the leagues best player.

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

You're probably right about that, and Im sure he's improved a lot over the off-season. But this isn't a one man game and it's gonna take more than 3 guys to win ball games. At least against some teams. IMO I just don't see this being your outstanding Cadets team like we saw last year or previous years.

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

EasternDspy wrote:What makes you think that Noles are that much better then the "decent" Cadet squad? They return 3 high scorers In Legrean (17 ppg) , Kiefer (12.5 ppg) , and Anderson (9.5 ppg). All these players have played aau and have improved a lot. Last yr even with the big Srs Noles could not keep it close. I don't think Jorris and Brown will be enough.
The Noles had 3 seniors last yr. Duffy, Kuhn, and Nixon.. Nixon who got hurt the first game against Fort Frye and MC. So i dont see how the Noles had "big Srs" last year. The second game at the fort, it finished up being an 11 point game, noles got hot at the end but waited too late.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This is going to be one of the better Cadets team those 3 are probably 3 of top 6-7 players in the league they also return another starter Madison who is good on the boards and had 16 in the playoff game. Kacey Lewis will add speed and dribbling. Devin Brooker is a great shooter. Derek Layton will bring strength. This team is going to be even better this season I feel like ppl say FF is not going to be as good every yr.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Plus Issac Klinger is one of the better defenders in this league. FF jv team won 19 games.

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

EasternDspy wrote:Plus Issac Klinger is one of the better defenders in this league. FF jv team won 19 games.
One of those JV loses came from MC's JV...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MCdude wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Plus Issac Klinger is one of the better defenders in this league. FF jv team won 19 games.
One of those JV loses came from MC's JV...

I think they split.

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

I'm pretty sure they did!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets have upped the schedule playing St Clairsville, Linsly , Warren and Columbus Bishop Hartley

the natural
Waterboy

Post by the natural »

I see it

1. Fort-return maybe not the most talented but the most dominant player. Several key role players. Curious how they will be without Lang though. Just can't pick against this team until someone them off
2. MC-still have good guards and shooters, lost a lot of scoring though in Duffy and Kuhn. Jorris will have to be lights out this year.
3. Caldwell-lost Wiechman but that's it. Most balanced team in the league Id say. Clark will be good
4. Frontier-brings a lot of athletes and shooters back.
5. Shenandoah-flood and cline, that's about it
6. Trail-lost everybody, only league games they have a chance is against Doah

Return to “Boys Basketball”