Trimble vs Belpre

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Trimble vs Belpre

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

This will be the opener for Trimble! I believe it will be played on 12/16. What are your thoughts on this one? I would assume with everyone that Trimble returns they should be a favorite to win the Hocking and make a run in the tournament.

The scout
Waterboy

Re: Trimble vs Belpre

Post by The scout »

Trimble should be a favorite in this one. I wouldn't say they should be a favorite to win the Hocking. I think SG,Belpre and Southern all have a chance to win it.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Trimble will struggle to win at Southern and SG. Those folks like that local control when it comes to hiring officials, so I'm sure two or three of Trimble's best players will be on the bench most of those games in foul trouble. Therefore, they will have to return the favor at home if they want a chance to win the league.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:Trimble will struggle to win at Southern and SG. Those folks like that local control when it comes to hiring officials, so I'm sure two or three of Trimble's best players will be on the bench most of those games in foul trouble. Therefore, they will have to return the favor at home if they want a chance to win the league.
You can take that to the bank! I have the game in Racine alongside my buddy Scotty Dale. He sits in the stands and signals to me who he wants out of the game. keeps me from having to learn who the best player is.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Trimble looked sloppy at times but still able to get the win.

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

They looked pretty good tonight to me. Howie went to Trimble knowing the talent is there and is a coach that will get the most out of his players. By the time the tournament rolls around they could make some noise. Will be a fun year to watch.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckhunter740 wrote:They looked pretty good tonight to me. Howie went to Trimble knowing the talent is there and is a coach that will get the most out of his players. By the time the tournament rolls around they could make some noise. Will be a fun year to watch.
Could make some noise?

How about will make some noise.

Most Howie teams don't round into form until tournament time; this group will be extremely tough to handle in February and March!

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

Youre right 93 they will make some noise, With Howie in charge at Trimble and Kearns with his group at Alexander i think Athens County will have two teams that will be playing in March.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm thinking the TVC will be well represented at the Convo this year, unlike last season when we had very few teams in the district tournament. Hopefully Athens County can get at least 4 teams in, which is not out of the question.
Athens D2
Alexander D3
Nelsonville-York D3
Trimble D4

They all have the talent to make it happen.

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm thinking the TVC will be well represented at the Convo this year, unlike last season when we had very few teams in the district tournament. Hopefully Athens County can get at least 4 teams in, which is not out of the question.
Athens D2
Alexander D3
Nelsonville-York D3
Trimble D4

They all have the talent to make it happen.
Unfortunately 93 talent only gets you so far. I think 3 of those team make it. Coach Kline can get his boys to the convo too. Lets see how they all go through the TVC first. Will be much more competitive than people are used to. Going to be interesting watching all the games on Nelsonville Cable.

Return to “Boys Basketball”