Final Union Lcal 52 Fort Frye 45

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D3 East Sectional Final :12.Union Local @ 5.Fort Frye 3/3

Post by EasternDspy »

49-45
Jets
45 secs left

Just like Trail game late turnovers killing Fort.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

52-45 UL Wins

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

FF let them hang around. UL doesn't miss free throws.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets just slumped so bad the last month. Great career by Justin Anderson. Losing Casey Lewis killed this team. They really needed his speed and ball handling.The PVC just doesn't prepare Fort for playoff basketball.

Congrats to Jets and good luck vs Garaway.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

FF played about as good an out of league schedule as they could.

Other than Anderson, just not any dynamic offensive players. No size. They had a good year IMO

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Prichard with heck of a game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

PVCGuru wrote:FF played about as good an out of league schedule as they could.

Other than Anderson, just not any dynamic offensive players. No size. They had a good year IMO

Martins Ferry upset by Tusky Valley.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Yep. Hiland has the path clearing out in front of them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

PVCGuru wrote:Yep. Hiland has the path clearing out in front of them.

I dunno I think West M and Coshocton will give them a game with that size.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

EasternDspy wrote:
PVCGuru wrote:Yep. Hiland has the path clearing out in front of them.

I dunno I think West M and Coshocton will give them a game with that size.
Coshocton might. West M barely beat a bad HC team tonight.

Size means nothing if you don't have guards to handle their defensive pressure.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

It doesn't supprise me to much that some of the river teams getting nock off tonight, I think the brand basketball in the Holmes, Tuscarawas and Coshocton county is pretty decent, when comes to defensive pressure,I was hoping Tusky Valley would give Martin Ferry all they could handle,but I didn't think they could pull off the upset especially at Martins Ferry
Last edited by Hawks1112 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Bringing out my point from earlier, Fort Frye chokes again in the sectional, at home no less. This is truly a disease for the Cadets. I don't know what you do to change these things, but with the teams that Fort has sent to the playoffs, they need to fine a way to win at least a SECTIONAL.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

allOhiotraveler wrote:Bringing out my point from earlier, Fort Frye chokes again in the sectional, at home no less. This is truly a disease for the Cadets. I don't know what you do to change these things, but with the teams that Fort has sent to the playoffs, they need to fine a way to win at least a SECTIONAL.

Yea like I said weeks ago this team turned into a different team when they lost Casey Lewis

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

You're right. But it is always something with them. This was not an amazing UL team and you were at home. The fort is usually defended. Gotta figure out something down there when playoffs come around.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

allOhiotraveler wrote:You're right. But it is always something with them. This was not an amazing UL team and you were at home. The fort is usually defended. Gotta figure out something down there when playoffs come around.

They lost 4 of 5 to end the year. They peaked to early.

skyvue
Waterboy

Post by skyvue »

EasternDspy wrote:Cadets just slumped so bad the last month. Great career by Justin Anderson. Losing Casey Lewis killed this team. They really needed his speed and ball handling.The PVC just doesn't prepare Fort for playoff basketball.

Correct. The quality of basketball in that part of the state has always be poor in comparison to the rest of the state, but it seems like it is worse now than ever. Looks how bad teams like Monroe Central, Barnesville, etc....got beat tonight. Fort Frye has a great program for the area, but they would be an also ran in the suburbs of Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy, etc... Even very rural western Ohio has much better basketball than southeastern Ohio.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

skyvue wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Cadets just slumped so bad the last month. Great career by Justin Anderson. Losing Casey Lewis killed this team. They really needed his speed and ball handling.The PVC just doesn't prepare Fort for playoff basketball.

Correct. The quality of basketball in that part of the state has always be poor in comparison to the rest of the state, but it seems like it is worse now than ever. Looks how bad teams like Monroe Central, Barnesville, etc....got beat tonight. Fort Frye has a great program for the area, but they would be an also ran in the suburbs of Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy, etc... Even very rural western Ohio has much better basketball than southeastern Ohio.

Like Guru said Fort Frye went out and played an extremely tough non league schedule including wins other Columbus Bishop Ready and Waterford. They just couldn't handle the pressure once they lost Lewis. His dribbling , driving and defense were key to this team.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I would like to see The Cadets stop putting their best scorer on the other team's best player. Defensive stopper has always been an appreciated role sy The Fort. You need your leader to have his shooting legs in the last quarter.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Re: Final Union Lcal 52 Fort Frye 45

I don't think the valley understands that playing other good teams in the valley doesn't prepare you for post season basketball. Playing teams outside the area exposes you to how the tougher teams play. You think Hiland is good because when they play out of conference, they play nearby Cambridge. Or is it because they play teams like Dayton Dunbar?

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Re: Final Union Lcal 52 Fort Frye 45

Post by PVCGuru »

allOhiotraveler wrote:I don't think the valley understands that playing other good teams in the valley doesn't prepare you for post season basketball. Playing teams outside the area exposes you to how the tougher teams play. You think Hiland is good because when they play out of conference, they play nearby Cambridge. Or is it because they play teams like Dayton Dunbar?
Neither. Hiland is good because, well, Hiland is good.

Look, I watched FF against Linsly for the first time all year.

There's a reason I thought UL would give them all they wanted. I honestly think people just figure out how to play FF by tournament time.

They just weren't that talented by game 20. Losing Lewis surely hurt, but it wasn't hard by watching them to know who you had to stop to beat them.

Hiland wins with a type of defense that very few can play. Playing Dunbar might help them somewhere down the line, but they don't need to learn anything from Dunbar to beat 95℅ of their schedule.

Return to “Boys Basketball”