#5 Minford(69) @ (58)#12 Crooksville

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: D3 2/21 #5 Minford vs. #12 Crooksville (Jackson)

Post by Ukfanatic »

No one shoves more than Gullett! He should foul out in the first quarter of every game!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Ukfanatic wrote:No one shoves more than Gullett! He should foul out in the first quarter of every game!
Marquez shoved Gullett big time Friday night, and not talking about either of the two players. I don't know what game you were watching Friday, but definitely didn't see Gullett do any shoving. Seen his arm get hooked when he was setting a screen followed by the biggest flop I seen all year give Gullett a cheap foul by a terrible official. Seen Gullett walking to his bench with his head down after a timeout and bump into Wolf. Gullett came off the bench, went straight to Wolf and apologized. Wolf shook his hand and all was ok. Gullett also got pushed by #20 in front of Waverly bench. So, you are going to accuse one of Minford's smallest players of shoving, go right ahead because I have a whole lot more I could tell you about that game.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

You were definitely watching a different game than everyone else was watching. That's for sure!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Ukfanatic wrote:You were definitely watching a different game than everyone else was watching. That's for sure!
Just focus on my first statement. You must not watch too closely

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I was obviously watching way closer than you were. Maybe you should watch the tape.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Have watched it, and it goes right along with what I have seen and heard took place.

Example #1 with 6:25 to go in 2nd. Gullett goes to set screens for Kelly. If you go slow-mo, you can see #1 hook Gullett's arm. Gullett makes no movement, but #1 emphatically flops backwards as if something did. 1 of several poor officiating examples by the balding ref.

Would you like more?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I'll pass. Your obviously delusional.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

No delusional at all. In fact I am watching game at 2 minute Mark of the 3rd where #1 for Waverly fouls #1 for Minford. He jumps up in protest of the call. Ref gives him stare, but should have given him a T. Ensuing inbounds play, #20 for Waverly begins to shove #30 for Minford. Same balding ref just goes out to give a verbal warning. Should have been another T. Not long after that, #20 shoves Gullett in front of Waverly bench that leads to many other incidents that DID take place.

If I am delusional, then you are certifiably insane. By the way, you want to use "you're" not "your". :roll:

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Lol at the grammar police. Sorry, forgot I was being graded on my posts. You might want to say not delusional instead of no delusional. You are quite the English major.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

minford17 wrote:No delusional at all. In fact I am watching game at 2 minute Mark of the 3rd where #1 for Waverly fouls #1 for Minford. He jumps up in protest of the call. Ref gives him stare, but should have given him a T. Ensuing inbounds play, #20 for Waverly begins to shove #30 for Minford. Same balding ref just goes out to give a verbal warning. Should have been another T. Not long after that, #20 shoves Gullett in front of Waverly bench that leads to many other incidents that DID take place.

If I am delusional, then you are certifiably insane. By the way, you want to use "you're" not "your". :roll:
Id say send the video to ukfanatic.
I was not at the first game at Minford but everyone I talked to from Waverly said the officiating was terrible - Waverly lost in a close game after a phantom travel call on a Waverly player going in for a wide open layup to take the lead and coach Robertson gets T'd up.
Waverly wins going away at Waverly and you blame the officiating. Waverly had plenty to complain about last Friday as well.
Send the video and he'll check it out.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Would you two grow up? Move on.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Agreed junky. I apologize, No more posts from me on this subject.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bbjunky81 wrote:Would you two grow up? Move on.
And, this is a Minford/Crooksville thread, lol.

Hope to see the Falcons make a nice tournament run.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Thank you smurray. Just like proving someone wrong when they make such an erroneous statement.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Ukfanatic wrote:Lol at the grammar police. Sorry, forgot I was being graded on my posts. You might want to say not delusional instead of no delusional. You are quite the English major.
Actually a mathematics major :D

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

smurray wrote:
minford17 wrote:No delusional at all. In fact I am watching game at 2 minute Mark of the 3rd where #1 for Waverly fouls #1 for Minford. He jumps up in protest of the call. Ref gives him stare, but should have given him a T. Ensuing inbounds play, #20 for Waverly begins to shove #30 for Minford. Same balding ref just goes out to give a verbal warning. Should have been another T. Not long after that, #20 shoves Gullett in front of Waverly bench that leads to many other incidents that DID take place.

Id say send the video to ukfanatic.
I was not at the first game at Minford but everyone I talked to from Waverly said the officiating was terrible - Waverly lost in a close game after a phantom travel call on a Waverly player going in for a wide open layup to take the lead and coach Robertson gets T'd up.
Waverly wins going away at Waverly and you blame the officiating. Waverly had plenty to complain about last Friday as well.
Send the video and he'll check it out.
Commented on a different thread that the game at Minford was poorly officiated both ways. Biggest difference was Robinson went nuts and got T'd up. The officials in that game definitely performed below what they normally do. At Waverly, it looked like the balding official had ano obvious bias against Minford. Even shot the Minford crowd several evil eyes.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

minford17 wrote:Have watched it, and it goes right along with what I have seen and heard took place.

Example #1 with 6:25 to go in 2nd. Gullett goes to set screens for Kelly. If you go slow-mo, you can see #1 hook Gullett's arm. Gullett makes no movement, but #1 emphatically flops backwards as if something did. 1 of several poor officiating examples by the balding ref.

Would you like more?

Just watched the play you were referring to. #1 for waverly had his hands on his shorts and right when #23 for minford came to him, #1 barely put his hands up and #23 pushed him in the face. I dont understand how you think that was a bad call.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Gullett had to pull his arms straight up to escape the hook with #1xs left arm.

Trying to paint Gullett as a dirty player is the most ubsurd thing I have ever heard. Guess that was meant to try to make him look bad and a member of their coaching staff look good. ;)

Return to “Boys Basketball”