Site Admin

#1 Clay(81) @ (42)#9 Manchester

Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Clay with only 2 losses

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EPN
Freshman Team

Re: D4 2/28 #1 Clay vs. #8 Western/#9 Manchester (Northwest)

Post by EPN »

This will b one of the best D4 sectional matchups this year, I know clay is really hot , and just whipped Western on their home floor, but the Indians have some talent , and coach Miller is a great coach , I believe this game will b close and I would not b shocked at all if Western pulled an upset here . Will b a great game to watch.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Western or Manchester.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Hoopie74 wrote:Western or Manchester.
I've heard people say this should be a good game Western vs Manchester.

GO EAGLES
smith.hill.royalty
Waterboy

Post by smith.hill.royalty »

brown22 wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:Western or Manchester.
I've heard people say this should be a good game Western vs Manchester.
That's what I heard as well :)

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Can't make any predictions until we see who advances. Expect close game with Western pulling away at end. However a Manchester win would not surprise me. Like most of the games in this sectional.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Every team will scrap til the final buzzer I do believe. Should be a great sectional, bottom to the top. Did the Whiteoak get a victory this weekend against d II East Clinton. That proves all can win on a given night. Survive and advance.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Any word on Cameron King? How is he after the injury on Friday night?

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Western24 wrote:Any word on Cameron King? How is he after the injury on Friday night?
He must be fine. Saw he played since the Western game.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

EPN wrote:This will b one of the best D4 sectional matchups this year, I know clay is really hot , and just whipped Western on their home floor, but the Indians have some talent , and coach Miller is a great coach , I believe this game will b close and I would not b shocked at all if Western pulled an upset here . Will b a great game to watch.
You're just going to go ahead and chalk up a victory against Manchester? Hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the a**.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Manchester will give Western everything they want and more. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Manchester win that game.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

bbjunky81 wrote:Manchester will give Western everything they want and more. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Manchester win that game.
Same with the Whiteoak South Webster game.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

EPN is a Eastern guy I think, so I don't think it will bother him. However it will bother me. I know that it will be a tough matchup for western. They beat Manchester the first game of the season but did not deserve to win that game. Manchester controlled the game for about 3.5 quarters. Western then started playing. If Western lets this happen this time their season will end quick. I look for this to be a very good game with either Western pulling away late in the game, or a dog fight until the end with Manchester winning it. It always seem to be the lower seed winning the nail biters due to the top seed overlooking their opponent. I hope its my first prediction. I really think though that Coach Miller will have his kids ready to go for this one. Hoping for another ride on the tournament train with him and his Indians.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Western24 is right I am an eastern eagle fan , so no it would not matter to me if Western were to lose, however I do not think they will lose to Manchester, but u guys r right , u should never look ahead , I am just very much looking forward to a match up between Western and Clay, I think that would b a great game to watch, sorry to Western fans ,didn't mean to try and jinx u !!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western by 14 then Clay by 8

birdiegolfer3
Waterboy

Post by birdiegolfer3 »

Clay has a lot of power coming into this tournament. 19-2 I see them going far in the tournament.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I hope your right about the first game Ironman92. I hope your wrong on the second one. I think if Western can get by Manchester handily then they will be building the momentum they need to get Clay. They have to get by Manchester first tho, and if they do I am taking the Indians by 4 against the Panthers for the UPSET.

Western played some great basketball in the first half last night against Huntington, to have a major let down in the second half. They still grabbed the win by 6 points I believe, however the second half wasn't pretty. Western plays Green to finish up the season on Friday then it will be time to go at the Greyhounds in the sectional semifinal.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Manchester 55- Western Pike 52 in a hard fought come from behind score. Close the whole game. Perdue had very good game but, Manchesters Darnell hit 6 for 6 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter to seal it for Manchester.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Mailman wrote:
EPN wrote:This will b one of the best D4 sectional matchups this year, I know clay is really hot , and just whipped Western on their home floor, but the Indians have some talent , and coach Miller is a great coach , I believe this game will b close and I would not b shocked at all if Western pulled an upset here . Will b a great game to watch.
You're just going to go ahead and chalk up a victory against Manchester? Hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the a**.
Oops. Jinxed them

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Apparently I did jinx them... wow.. I didn't see this one coming , This had to b a disappointing season for Western, with all the success of last year , and returning a lot from that team .
Western started out the season with some strong wins , at East, Eastern Pike , and Peebles , but didn't play very well over the second half of the season , maybe some Western fans have some reasons as to why the struggles they have had and then this early exit, I thought Western would have more success than they did this year .

Return to “Boys Basketball”