#3 Warren(63) @ (70)#6 Logan Elm

Noitall
JV Team

Re: D2 2/24 #3 Warren vs. #6 Logan Elm (Logan)

Post by Noitall »

Warren seems to play in well all season with great talent ,then hit a brick wall come post tomorrow season

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

LE's edge in all 3 phases of the shooting game(deuces, treys, and FTs), along with outstandingly low turnovers against the Warren defense, off-set the big rebound advantage of Warren, barely. Young with a great performance having the game winning shot in regulation down, but it rattled back out. Then Young scored a deuce right away in OT and scored the next points of the OT also with an old fashioned 3 point play.

Other than Warren's physical ailments, I thought they were hurt worst in the game by:
1) After sinking 3/4 FTs when the technical was called to take a 12 point lead, they lost a little focus on the inbounds pass to try to go up more, and used up for seconds and made a desperate risky pass inbounds than resulted in a turnover.
2) With 1 to 2 mins left in regulation, they had the advantage and turned the ball over on a 5 sec violation.
3) After a Young basket first in OT, offense had 3 empty trips, and then Young converted a 3 point play to put LE firmly in control.

With Young, LE, and their great taking care of the ball, is more firmly in control with a 5 point lead than Warren is with a 12 point lead.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Noitall wrote:Warren seems to play in well all season with great talent ,then hit a brick wall come post tomorrow season
That's complete balony. I'd put Coach Maddox's record the last 15 years in Tourney play against anyone. Startung in 2010 the Warriors made 5 appearances in the District title game in 6 years.
2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Most of those years those teams overachieved. Coach Maddo. Is THE BEST coach is SE Ohio

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
Noitall wrote:Warren seems to play in well all season with great talent ,then hit a brick wall come post tomorrow season
That's complete balony. I'd put Coach Maddox's record the last 15 years in Tourney play against anyone. Startung in 2010 the Warriors made 5 appearances in the District title game in 6 years.
2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Most of those years those teams overachieved. Coach Maddo. Is THE BEST coach is SE Ohio
Stiverson and Norm are the best. Maddox wins with talent

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:Where is the Barlow Bandit?!?!
He starts his 8 month hibernation now or on the girls basketball forum

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

:lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Spud
Riding the Bench

Re: #3 Warren(63) @ (70)#6 Logan Elm

Post by Spud »

I learned, a long time ago, never to bet against Stiverson. I think he has to be one of the better coaches in the state.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... BOTH head coaches Coach Stiverson & Coach Maddox are simply among "the best of the best" ... I take the "layers" off when I look at the quality programs - Coach Stiverson has 2 of the best assistants around Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey at LE ... Coach Maddox has his own outstanding assistants in Coaches Mitchem, Coffman, Colgrove ... players are developed/programs are created by the longevity of coaching staffs and the consistence in the teaching of fundamentals to ALL of the players especially those with "basketball talent" no one gets a pass in getting away with "not doing it right just because of physical ability" , taught is the discipline to take instruction and to execute that instruction/game plan on the court during the game BOTH of these coaching staffs do this ! ... I know they do it - I can see the results of them doing it - it shows up in the product they put on the court every year NOT JUST THE YEARS they have "talent" ...

... Chase Wiehl for Warren has his foot in a cast - he played, gutted it out on the court with a broken foot ... Josh Huffman finished out the game with severe ankle sprain ... those 2 injuries DURING the game changed the complexion of the game - end of story ... as I posted in my game rundown - it was a perfect storm for LE ... it was like blood in the water for the Braves - they did exactly what needed to be done to "get it done" you take advantage of every "advantage" you are given by the opposition ... AND great performances by Ridge Young obviously - but Cody Anderson/Kamry Wright, Cayman Bryant were all HUGE in taking hold of THEIR MOMENTS in the game - that just doesn't happen! the coaching staff has prepared the kids to step up and "BE the BALL" when it is their time ... no one gave this one away , both teams, both Head Coaches and staffs were ON THEIR game ... to slight either Coach Stiverson or Coach Maddox or the coaching staffs of either team is simply showing the lack of knowledge of either program or the make up/the character of either Coach Stiverson or Coach Maddox ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am This is a great match-up, Big Bad Blue is going to have to bring their "A" game. Some excellent coaching going to be going on in both camps the next couple weeks in preparation. Definitely two of the best.
Here you go VisionQuest, I clearly state that Warren had to bring their “A” game. But the best part of you cheerleading like a 5 year old wanting to know where I am. Every year this time of year I am out of the country for work. Now, so when Athens gets knocked out at the Convo (yes, I’ve stated several times that they will make the Convo), how mad will you get if I act like you did on this post? And the best part is, how mad you going to be when Athens gets 3 all-League selections, and your son isn’t one of them.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am This is a great match-up, Big Bad Blue is going to have to bring their "A" game. Some excellent coaching going to be going on in both camps the next couple weeks in preparation. Definitely two of the best.
Here you go VisionQuest, I clearly state that Warren had to bring their “A” game. But the best part of you cheerleading like a 5 year old wanting to know where I am. Every year this time of year I am out of the country for work. Now, so when Athens gets knocked out at the Convo (yes, I’ve stated several times that they will make the Convo), how mad will you get if I act like you did on this post? And the best part is, how mad you going to be when Athens gets 3 all-League selections, and your son isn’t one of them.
LOL. Good for you. But, I know your philosophy. You don't want to go out on a limb and support your team, that way when they get Beat you don't have to save face. At least I have the Balls to support mine. You are a weak human being who for some reason hates Athens and your Sarcasm Reaks. And As far as a kid getting All-League, it's a nice honor but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. So, nice try DB.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Not at all, you just want to find fault with me, however, I’m a person who appreciates the game, and do not live with my heart on my sleeve, nor do I go on rants about officiating, blaming others, or things that can not be controlled. I’m not the guy you will ever see yelling or screaming at coaches, players or other fans. I’m also not the one who’s going to blame coaches or other kids, all things that you did when you started on this site. The best thing about modes like this is that all your comments are written record and I have a very good memory.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Let me add that I am able to reduce you to name calling, the ultimate show of weakness.

Return to “Boys Basketball”