#4 Waverly(66) @ (46)#5 Gallia Academy

svac83
SE

Re: D2 2/24 #4 Waverly vs. #5 Gallia Academy (Southeastern)

Post by svac83 »

Skiisme wrote:What time is this game?? Might drive over to see a potential opponent of the Vikings.
6:00 PM

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

6:00 tip. I want to see this game as well but as a fan of the Chillicothe Cavaliers who play Jackson afterwards at 8:30 the split session makes it a tougher decision. Plus the schedule seems strange this year with Friday's winners going to different districts.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thank you!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Game day Blue devils best of luck tonight.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Changed my mind on this game Gallia wins 62-59

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers have prepared, it comes down to making shots. LET'S GO TIGERS!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Waverly 25
Gallia academy 9 after 1q

Right now waverly 2 fast and are shooting lights out

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Waverly 38
Gallia academy 18 half..

Waverly defenitly better team right..

But ignorant fans that can't see mccellond can hardly walk.. that can't see peck is coughing his head off and can't breathe is crazy.. look no matter what waverly definetly better team.. but I will keep my mouth shut

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

svac83 wrote:Waverly 38
Gallia academy 18 half..

But ignorant fans that can't see mccellond can hardly walk.. that can't see peck is coughing his head off and can't breathe is crazy.. look no matter what waverly definetly better team.. but I will keep my mouth shut
Probably wise

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Agreed. Gallia made the leap from an 8 seed who got blown out in the 8/9 game last year to a 5 seed in one year, with nearly everyone returning next year. Be happy with the year and be excited for the future.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

svac83 wrote:Waverly 38
Gallia academy 18 half..

At this point of the season your getting your a$$ kicked this bad its called poor coaching and you played in a horrible league with 1 good team in it! Don't make excuses!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

danicalifornia wrote:Agreed. Gallia made the leap from an 8 seed who got blown out in the 8/9 game last year to a 5 seed in one year, with nearly everyone returning next year. Be happy with the year and be excited for the future.
From what i hear the big boy will be gone with stories of Coach K camping out in his yard Thad over for Sunday dinner or him headed to a lavish prep school prepping for UK. Some things never change. Season over.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

WOW ! Roll the dice at GA ! bevo not going there ! LOL

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good Season GA !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Wait I am not making excuses I guess I wasn't the fans I had a problem with are the Gallia fans.. the score was 8-0.. and I had people beside me saying McClendon sucks why are we playing him.. at the first time out peck leaves the huddle and goes to a trash can to hurl.. the people around me talking about how he is a choker... Evan wiseman asking out looking white as sheet.. then people talking bad about him...

People these are the same kids that brought you this far.. that during the pregame you couldn't say enough good things about.. I just hate people like that... support your team win or lose or stay home.. Or talk bad about him all the time.. just don't be wish washy..

Waverly a much better team then Blue Devils tonight I wish them luck.. they played circles around us and exposed all are weaknesses.. they did their homework.. and attacked apropritley the way a good team should..

I though the waverly fans were great that I talked to..

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bevo wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Agreed. Gallia made the leap from an 8 seed who got blown out in the 8/9 game last year to a 5 seed in one year, with nearly everyone returning next year. Be happy with the year and be excited for the future.
From what i hear the big boy will be gone with stories of Coach K camping out in his yard Thad over for Sunday dinner or him headed to a lavish prep school prepping for UK. Some things never change. Season over.
I would be surprised if Loveday stays all 4 years but I will be shocked if he is not back for next season
Last edited by svac83 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

svac83 wrote:Wait I am not making excuses I guess I wasn't the fans I had a problem with are the Gallia fans.. the score was 8-0.. and I had people beside me saying McClendon sucks why are we playing him.. at the first time out peck leaves the huddle and goes to a trash can to hurl.. the people around me talking about how he is a choker... Evan wiseman asking out looking white as sheet.. then people talking bad about him...

People these are the same kids that brought you this far.. that during the pregame you couldn't say enough good things about.. I just hate people like that... support your team win or lose or stay home.. Or talk bad about him all the time.. just don't be wish washy..

Waverly a much better team then Blue Devils tonight I wish them luck.. they played circles around us and exposed all are weaknesses.. they did their homework.. and attacked apropritley the way a good team should..

What did they get the flu just before each loss this year? Sure is a sickly team!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Now waverly was the better team and when you win by 20 bad Refferees did not cost you the game.. I even understand waverly is going to get a ton of calls.. they press they defend hard those teams always get the benifit of the doubt.. but there were some horrible calls in this game and some very unprofessional refs.. I could name 10 calls or more but I will name 4 and then tell you what was unprofessional..

First call Blue Devils on defense a waverly kids drive.. Blue Devils still in zone the kid plows into the defender.. the ref puts the hand behind his head and calls a charge not one waverly fan upset.. he goes to the scores table gives the number of the waverly player and signals a blocking call then has to go back and find the number of the blue devil kid..

In the second half.. Corey call slaps at a ball the ball hits the floor.. and bounces above both players heads.. he calls that Call hacks the boy.. Harrison asks did you not here him hit the ball did you see him hit his arm.. the Ref tells him I heard he hit the ball but that kid is to good of a ball handler for it to be clean.. then later in game a waverly player goes up for a rebound lands on a blue Devils foot and falls backwords.. the blue devil player tries to stop him from falling as ball goes out of bounds.. so the blue devil player has his hands out the official behind the basket calls it.. this is the only foul that could of made a difference because the lead was down to 10 late in 3rd..at the next time out the ref tells blue Devils that he probably got the call wrong...

Now I can handle all that but later in quarter there is a fight for a rebound the waverly kid on floor calls time out.. they give it to him appropriately the ref spends the entire time out playing around in the first row on the waverly side acting like he was going to throw him out
Timeout is over all the refs are smiling they let the waverly kid run the baseline to get the ball in... now I can handle that bad call happens.. but during next timeout the ref goes and talks to other ref you can see they are both discussing that they blew the call and laughing about it..no apologies no nothing totally unprofessional

Now I will get off my soap box. Waverly deserved the win..

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bevo wrote:
svac83 wrote:Wait I am not making excuses I guess I wasn't the fans I had a problem with are the Gallia fans.. the score was 8-0.. and I had people beside me saying McClendon sucks why are we playing him.. at the first time out peck leaves the huddle and goes to a trash can to hurl.. the people around me talking about how he is a choker... Evan wiseman asking out looking white as sheet.. then people talking bad about him...

What did they get the flu just before each loss this year? Sure is a sickly team!
It could of been just nerves I have no idea but I know the blue Devils have some wrestlers not go to sectionals because of FlU...
I want to be clear all the blue Devils being healthy would of probably been no better... Waverly knew how to attack blue Devils and executed it great.. I was just stating the facts of what I saw and the idiots beside me had to see it also was my only point..

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

svac83 wrote:
bevo wrote:

It could of been just nerves I have no idea but I know the blue Devils have some wrestlers not go to sectionals because of FlU...
I want to be clear all the blue Devils being healthy would of probably been no better... Waverly knew how to attack blue Devils and executed it great.. I was just stating the facts of what I saw and the idiots beside me had to see it also was my only point..
So instead of coming on here and complaining about the fans of your own team, how about stand up and explain to them in person, instead of hiding on a message board...I mean if I hear parents or fans talking negative about kids, I am going to approach them and tell them my thoughts.

Return to “Boys Basketball”