#4 Waverly(66) @ (46)#5 Gallia Academy

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: D2 2/24 #4 Waverly vs. #5 Gallia Academy (Southeastern)

Post by Sports-nut »

smurray wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:I admit I was totally wrong about this game. Waverly came out hitting on all cylinders. That's the Waverly team we seen before Christmas break. I thought Risgby had the best game I've seen him play all year. Overall a great game for the Tigers. On to Convo!!!
Waverly executed the game plan to perfection in the first half and even while Gallipolis cut the lead to 12 at one point in the 3rd the Tigers had built too much of a lead to overcome. Waverly recovered early in the 4th to extend the lead back. With Waverly playing like this they can make some noise.
Btw who did the PA at Waverly tonight?

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Nice game waverly good luck the rest of the way. Nice season for Gallipolis hopefully better things in the future.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Waverly was mpressive tonight --- I was there waiting on the second game and expected to see a tight game. The refs were fine.

Up 16 after 1 and by 20 at the half. Gallia played a good 3rd quarter and cut it to 12 only to see Waverly score first 6 points of 4th to put it away at 56-38. After that it was just playing out the string.

Can they play with the same energy at the Convo?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote:
smurray wrote:
Sports-nut wrote:I admit I was totally wrong about this game. Waverly came out hitting on all cylinders. That's the Waverly team we seen before Christmas break. I thought Risgby had the best game I've seen him play all year. Overall a great game for the Tigers. On to Convo!!!
Waverly executed the game plan to perfection in the first half and even while Gallipolis cut the lead to 12 at one point in the 3rd the Tigers had built too much of a lead to overcome. Waverly recovered early in the 4th to extend the lead back. With Waverly playing like this they can make some noise.
Btw who did the PA at Waverly tonight?
Byron Ward switched over to the book, Patrick Williams ran the clock and Mike Moorman did the PA.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote:Waverly was mpressive tonight --- I was there waiting on the second game and expected to see a tight game. The refs were fine.

Up 16 after 1 and by 20 at the half. Gallia played a good 3rd quarter and cut it to 12 only to see Waverly score first 6 points of 4th to put it away at 56-38. After that it was just playing out the string.

Can they play with the same energy at the Convo?
They can play with the energy, its sweet when they are hitting their shots.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Good news for Waverly..... They got an impressive win.....Bad news.... You will probably see Vinton County at the Covo.
Congrats on the win. However, it a very good possibility it's your last this year.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:3 words. Bevo no class.
Bevo is pretty much a low-class, low intelligence, cowardly, piece of sheet loser. He will surely come hurl some idiotic insults at me but nothing changes what he is; a numb nuts who needs his face wrecked and all of his electronic devices smashed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

hateraid wrote:Good news for Waverly..... They got an impressive win.....Bad news.... You will probably see Vinton County at the Covo.
Congrats on the win. However, it a very good possibility it's your last this year.
One thing is for sure, the Tigers will come out and give it 120% win or lose. Not many people expected a 16-6 regular season and a sectional Championship this year. And the 6 losses they did have were winnable games. There will be teams lose their District Semi-final game who are "suppose" to win, maybe Vinton County will be one. Or maybe they won't even make it there. We'll find out tomorrow night.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

smurray wrote:
hateraid wrote:Good news for Waverly..... They got an impressive win.....Bad news.... You will probably see Vinton County at the Covo.
One thing is for sure, the Tigers will come out and give it 120% win or lose. Not many people expected a 16-6 regular season and a sectional Championship this year. And the 6 losses they did have were winnable games. There will be teams lose their District Semi-final game who are "suppose" to win, maybe Vinton County will be one. Or maybe they won't even make it there. We'll find out tomorrow night.
Vinton county is a really good team I have seen them twice this year. I had not seen waverly until last night.. playing the way they played in 1st half they are also a very good team.. if they play like that an entire game.. they will be right there with vinton county.. Only thing they did not do great last night was foul shooting.. very good team though

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Not so fast my friend. The Tigers match up pretty good with VC when they play like they did last night. With a week to prepare I look for Robertson and company to find a weakness and exploit it. Robertson and all his staff is great but with Lockery devoted full time to assisting him, now that the JV season is over, it just makes them spectacular.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I think GA came along way this season built on it and come back strong next season ! BBall players are made in the summer ! And they play in the winter !

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Sports-nut wrote:
Not so fast my friend. The Tigers match up pretty good with VC when they play like they did last night. With a week to prepare I look for Robertson and company to find a weakness and exploit it. Robertson and all his staff is great but with Lockery devoted full time to assisting him, now that the JV season is over, it just makes them spectacular.
We shall see. VC has to take care of business tonight first but don't make the mistake of thinking your success in the Gallia game will translate to success vs VC. Those two teams are light years apart when it comes to talent.

Return to “Boys Basketball”