Site Admin

#2 Fairfield Union(62) @ (53)#7 Meigs

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bud07
Freshman Team

Re: D2 2/25 #2 F.U. vs. #7 Meigs (Logan)

Post by Bud07 »

FU takes this one! Hopefully they are working on their zone offense :D

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FU can't think about that yet. They have 2 big games left to try and get a league title outright. The biggest game being on Friday night at Bloom Carroll.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I just watched FU play Bloom Carroll on youtube...Very good game, lower scoring then what I thought, Looks like 4 offensive threats in Woodside, Thompson, Price and Conley....Hopefully our different styles of zone defense will cause some issues that they aren't used to seeing.

Go Meigs!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FU is extremely well coached and will likely be able to make the necessary adjustments to be able to score against Meigs. However, based on how they have played since their rocky start, I'd have to say that Meigs is another well coached team as well, so I'm not sure either team will have the edge there.

This should be a really fun game with a lot of athletes on the floor. Good luck to both teams!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I don't like the Game Times at all....We play our game at 3:00 and then the next game Vinton County isn't til 7:00. Why such a long break in between games???

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

tvc_fan wrote:I don't like the Game Times at all....We play our game at 3:00 and then the next game Vinton County isn't til 7:00. Why such a long break in between games???

To clear the gym. You have to pay to watch the next game.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

george wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:I don't like the Game Times at all....We play our game at 3:00 and then the next game Vinton County isn't til 7:00. Why such a long break in between games???

To clear the gym. You have to pay to watch the next game.
That's still a ton of time. At Jackson games are about 2 hours apart and they still clear the gym and charge re entry

ROLL PEAKE
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

You have to pay for each game?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Can we talk about this matchup? What does Meigs have?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This will be a defensive battle. Comes down to if Meig's big guys can stay out of foul trouble

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just might have to go up and do a little scouting Tuesday as FU takes on Circleville.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

FU has 4 players that consistently get double figures. Conley at around 11 Price 11 Thompson 12 and Wiodide almost 16. Along with those 4 they have 3 other guards Wolshire, Miller, and Conran who are very good shooters makING near 40% from the 3. Woodside is averaging about 10 rebounds per game and Thompson 7. They can also really stop people. I believe they are only allowing around 42 points per game. FU plays a good Schedule and are very well coached. They have 2 tough games yet to play to win an outright MSL title. I believe they will be ready to make a deep tournament run.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Bud07 wrote:FU has 4 players that consistently get double figures. Conley at around 11 Price 11 Thompson 12 and Wiodide almost 16. Along with those 4 they have 3 other guards Wolshire, Miller, and Conran who are very good shooters makING near 40% from the 3. Woodside is averaging about 10 rebounds per game and Thompson 7. They can also really stop people. I believe they are only allowing around 42 points per game. FU plays a good Schedule and are very well coached. They have 2 tough games yet to play to win an outright MSL title. I believe they will be ready to make a deep tournament run.
So these 4 players average 50 points a game and FU only averages 58 a game as a team??? Get these guys in foul trouble because according to this no one else can score outside of these 4.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

The game I watched on youtube when they beat Bloom Carroll a few weeks ago, BC done all they needed to and had Woodside on bench in foul trouble. But BC missed so many 3 pointers, I can't remember how many they took, but from what I seen only a few were made and a ton missed, there percentage had to be way down. A few of those made and BC wins that game.

Meigs needs to get Woodside in foul trouble early and take him out of the game.

I know FU has 2 more games left and a big one on Friday, If they somehow lose that last one against BC it could be a huge thing on their confidence going into the tourney on a losing note...Wishful thinking anyways...lol

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

hateraid wrote:
Bud07 wrote:FU has 4 players that consistently get double figures. Conley at around 11 Price 11 Thompson 12 and Wiodide almost 16. Along with those 4 they have 3 other guards Wolshire, Miller, and Conran who are very good shooters makING near 40% from the 3. Woodside is averaging about 10 rebounds per game and Thompson 7. They can also really stop people. I believe they are only allowing around 42 points per game. FU plays a good Schedule and are very well coached. They have 2 tough games yet to play to win an outright MSL title. I believe they will be ready to make a deep tournament run.
So these 4 players average 50 points a game and FU only averages 58 a game as a team??? Get these guys in foul trouble because according to this no one else can score outside of these 4.
I think the point bud07 was making that FU has many weapons. If you try to stop Woodside the guards do their part in scoring. This is a well balanced team. I don't know much about Meigs but I expect it to be a very good game. Fu does have other scores than these 4 young men and they play stellar defense. I think they only gave up 50 or more points in maybe 4or5 games all year.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

tvc_fan wrote:The game I watched on youtube when they beat Bloom Carroll a few weeks ago, BC done all they needed to and had Woodside on bench in foul trouble. But BC missed so many 3 pointers, I can't remember how many they took, but from what I seen only a few were made and a ton missed, there percentage had to be way down. A few of those made and BC wins that game.

I know FU has 2 more games left and a big one on Friday, If they somehow lose that last one against BC it could be a huge thing on their confidence going into the tourney on a losing note...Wishful thinking anyways...lol
Did you decide if your making the trip up 33 tonight. If so would like to meet you. I like to meet who is on this just to be able to put a face with a name.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

Bball4 wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:The game I watched on youtube when they beat Bloom Carroll a few weeks ago, BC done all they needed to and had Woodside on bench in foul trouble. But BC missed so many 3 pointers, I can't remember how many they took, but from what I seen only a few were made and a ton missed, there percentage had to be way down. A few of those made and BC wins that game.

Did you decide if your making the trip up 33 tonight. If so would like to meet you. I like to meet who is on this just to be able to put a face with a name.
After you watched this game you will have to admit one of the worse officiated game I've seen this year. I think there was a total of 27 fouls called in the first half. Neither team got into any flow until the second half when they tried to swallow their whistles.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Bball4 wrote:

No, I won't be making the trip up tonight, do you know if it will be on that youtube channel where Jared Stewart broadcasts with?

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

tvc_fan wrote:
Bball4 wrote:

No, I won't be making the trip up tonight, do you know if it will be on that youtube channel where Jared Stewart broadcasts with?
I have no idea. Don't know anything about the YouTube stuff sorry.

Return to “Boys Basketball”