#2 Fairfield Union(62) @ (53)#7 Meigs

hateraid
Varsity

Re: D2 2/25 #2 F.U. vs. #7 Meigs (Logan)

Post by hateraid »

So it looks like the winner of this game gets a likely matchup with Chillicothe at the Convo. Chillicothe has a very deceiving record. They probably play the toughest schedule in all of SEO. Rooting for Meigs in this one but think FU will take it by single digits.
Ill predict
FU 59
Meigs 54

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

hateraid wrote:So it looks like the winner of this game gets a likely matchup with Chillicothe at the Convo. Chillicothe has a very deceiving record. They probably play the toughest schedule in all of SEO. Rooting for Meigs in this one but think FU will take it by single digits.
Ill predict
FU 59
Meigs 54
As soon as I saw the draw, I thought oh man, chilli would be a tough tough game.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

FU beats Bloom-Carroll by 20 tonight at their place for a league title. I don't think they will be lacking any confidence heading into the Tournament.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Bud07 wrote:FU beats Bloom-Carroll by 20 tonight at their place for a league title. I don't think they will be lacking any confidence heading into the Tournament.
Should Meigs even make the trip up?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

tvc_fan wrote:
Bud07 wrote:FU beats Bloom-Carroll by 20 tonight at their place for a league title. I don't think they will be lacking any confidence heading into the Tournament.
Is this the most overrated comment during tourney season? I don't mean that towards you.. but come tourney time, that exact comment will be made in every thread, by people not even playing in the game. Always makes me chuckle.

Meigs played fu tough last year, and have a good team. In this sectional and district, you can't have an off night and survive. Meigs has the horses to knock fu off. Fu needs to continue to play well to advance. But I think they will.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Falcon01 wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Is this the most overrated comment during tourney season? I don't mean that towards you.. but come tourney time, that exact comment will be made in every thread, by people not even playing in the game. Always makes me chuckle.

Meigs played fu tough last year, and have a good team. In this sectional and district, you can't have an off night and survive. Meigs has the horses to knock fu off. Fu needs to continue to play well to advance. But I think they will.
I bet it won't be said in half the post, especially in the first round, it was a bit of humor...I do have confidence in Meigs, I know they play hard and I know the players are smart. Not everyone can take Vinton County down to the last seconds of not one ball game, but two. And also beat Holy Pond Alabama that is now 30-1 (Imagine playing that many regular season games..lol)

So yes Meigs does have the horses on the court, So hopefully a case of too over-confident could take place going into the game.

We did play them hard last year, dug a little whole by trying to start 2 big men to start the game, that didn't work and put another guard in and it was a much closer game then the 12 points. Green was draining the 3 ball and Woodside controlling the inside.

Hopefully we will have a nice game plan going into the game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'll take FU by 10 but MSL did beat Athens in Soccer and Volleyball. Like to see them lose :lol:
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Meigs in the Upset by 4. I hope to catch this game to Root for the TVC

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield Union blowing out Bloom in a Championship-esque game is definitely an eye opener. They are playing extremely well at the right time.

I still think this will be a tight game though. Winner gets a super hot Chillicothe squad.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just found out the Holly Pond Alabama team Meigs beat Won today and is now in the AHSAA 3A Elite 8 and beat a team 123-50

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Is it Saturday yet???

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Fairfield Union by 12-15.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I have been very impressed with Fairfield Union---especially late. #14 Conley (I believe) looks like has found a role and makes them much more dangerous. They already have enough skill and shooting to counter teams who pay to much attention to their great post player

I think the question is can Meigs use their zone defenses to slow Fairfield down enough to score enough to win?

While not being overly quick Fairfield plays great on the ball defense which is a sign of a well coached team.

I definitely lean towards Fairfield Union in this one but would have lost the house long ago if I was a betting man

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I'm not sure how much zone fu has faced this season. If not very much, it's probably a really good thing they had a week to prepare. The good thing for fu is, they have a pg who can penetrate and dish, a post player that gets the ball and is a great passers-by, and they shoot the 3 very well.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

LucasDavenport wrote:I have been very impressed with Fairfield Union---especially late. #14 Conley (I believe) looks like has found a role and makes them much more dangerous. They already have enough skill and shooting to counter teams who pay to much attention to their great post player

I think the question is can Meigs use their zone defenses to slow Fairfield down enough to score enough to win?

While not being overly quick Fairfield plays great on the ball defense which is a sign of a well coached team.

I definitely lean towards Fairfield Union in this one but would have lost the house long ago if I was a betting man
I think Meigs has to concentrate on stopping #14 Conley when he comes off the bench, and of course the Big Man Woodside.

They need to make Thompson and Price be the ones to beat them. From what I have seen, Price has a darn good shooting percentage, and is good for 9-12 points a game. Same for Thompson, Thompson tends to try to penetrate more then Price.

From what I have seen, Those 4 is the biggest threats.

Meigs held Lutz to 14 points the 2nd game and took away their #2 shooter with only allowing him 2 points.
Meigs held Bartoe to 10 points and Yates to 14 points the 2nd game.

So they have done a decent job containing the 2 highest scorers.

It will be an interesting game, Woodside I think will of course be the biggest factor, But on a good note, None of Meigs Opponents Big Men has been a leading scorer of a game.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

31-1 Holly Pond Alabama just won 65-42 and advance to the Alabama Final Four...Big Confidence boost for Meigs knowing they are the only team that has given them a loss.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

How bad is basketball in Alabama?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Falcon01 wrote:How bad is basketball in Alabama?
Holly Pond could compete up here easily.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

They're 32-1 and yet ranked #62 in the state of Alabama by Max preps. Is 3a their small school division?

Their strength of schedule is -5.4 which is the lowest of any team in the top 25 in 3a.

I'm not questioning Meigs beating them, I'm just questioning how good they actually are and how bad Bama basketball might be.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Their national rank on their is 2,931, fu is 1,574.

They also have fu with 2 ties in the league!?!

Return to “Boys Basketball”