TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY

bman
SEO

Re: TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY

Post by bman »

TravisHill23 wrote:If LE did get the 5 seed then that could mean a VC-LE district final or FU-LE district final
Putting the cart before the horse, I see. LE will have to play well to have a shot to win its sectional game.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I haven't seen the brackets posted yet by the Central District, but the LDN has announced what the Chieftains will have in the postseason.

The Chiefs did not get a good seed, seeded #31, and they got a first round bye. They will play their first game on March 3rd, they will either travel to #9 Pickerington North or host #34 Marysville.

97Dragon
Waterboy

Post by 97Dragon »

D3
D3
image.jpeg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 4131 times

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

spartans_fan wrote:DII District Finals :
Miami Trace vs Fairfield Union
Vinton County vs Warren

DIII District Finals:
Fairland vs Portsmouth
Ironton vs Oak Hill

Good luck to all in the tourney.
Bold picks for D3, except for Fairland, the ovc is way down this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hopefully get to see another Burg-Portsmouth game. Has been some instant classics over the years at the Convo.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Da man wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:DII District Finals :
Miami Trace vs Fairfield Union
Vinton County vs Warren

DIII District Finals:
Fairland vs Portsmouth
Ironton vs Oak Hill

Good luck to all in the tourney.
Bold picks for D3, except for Fairland, the ovc is way down this year.

Portsmouth is 15 and 5 ,ironton and south point also has winning records, so four teams in the OVC with winning records is pretty good imo .

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Ironton vs. LC would be an interesting match up if everything falls into place.

ROLL PEAKE
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Da man the only teams down in the OVC are RH, Coal Grove, And Chesapeake.....Top 5 teams can play with anyone...Just like the SOC # 2.... Northwest, West, and valley are down the other 5 are decent....No difference at all...I would give The OVC the edge in a head to head OVC /SOC # 2 showdown.....

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I'm not saying SP is going to make any noise in this thing...Heck they may get beat by Wellston....Who Knows? Anything can happen...I do know this...Da man saying the OVC is very weak besides Fairland is bogus.... Gallia, Ironton, Portsmouth, and SP are decent teams....Not powerhouses but respectable.... the same goes for Burg, Waverly, Minford, and S Webster.... If Da man really feels the OVC is very weak besides Fairland he needs to say the SOC #2 is very weak besides oak hill....
1. oak hill vs Fairland
2. Burg vs Gallia
3. Portsmouth vs waverly
4. Ironton vs S Webster
5. SP vs MInford
6 CG vs Valley
7.Chesapeake vs P west
8.RH vs Northwest

would look like a pretty even tournament to me..... Could very well end up 4-4

Don't know much about the SOC #1 but from what I read on here they may well be better than SOC #2 and OVC... The TVC conferences I know little about but I would guess the one with Athens ,warren, Vinton would be better than the OVC or SOC #2.. and yes SP got homered at Burg as does many teams......

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

I think Piketon and West will be a very interesting game.

smith.hill.royalty
Waterboy

Post by smith.hill.royalty »

N2Hoops wrote:I think Piketon and West will be a very interesting game.
How so? Obviously I'm a Piketon fan but don't really know much about West. Not being sarcastic just curious of your thoughts because there is significant difference with records.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smith.hill.royalty wrote:
N2Hoops wrote:I think Piketon and West will be a very interesting game.
How so? Obviously I'm a Piketon fan but don't really know much about West. Not being sarcastic just curious of your thoughts because there is significant difference with records.
West played Waverly and Adena really tight recently, so that could be why. Piketon beat Adena twice, but both were tight.

I'd personally say that I think Piketon got a great initial draw and should advance to the Convo.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Fairland is 18-1, Portsmouth is 15-5, Gallia Academy is 12-5, South Point 11-8, and Ironton is 10-8.......I think the OVC is having a pretty good year with a really good chance of landing a team(s) in the regionals or the Final 4. Next year could be better as every team in the conference will have 3-5 starters back.

Virtually every year the tournament produces two things.......a favorite gets knocked out early, and an underdog goes farther than expected. I would be shocked if it didn't happen again in 2017.

GO TROJANS!!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Soc 1 I was talking,about and I stand by what I said. Very average at best period. Fairland is at the top and I believe Portsmouth could upset them after them coin flip for 3-7. Gallia has upside, ironton, Coal Grove and South Pint, then Chesy and Rock Hill. From my cheap seats Tvc is top loaded.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

From my view it will be Burg vs Portsmouth,,winner Portsmouth, Fairland vs Portsmouth. Might be upset special of year in that one.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

SOC would dominate the OVC. 1 and 2. Out of those three conferences OVC comes in third from top to bottom. I'm not a biased opinion since I have no connections to none of those teams, just common basketball sense from the entire season.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

PinkFloyds top 50 backs my thinking up 11 SOC teams vs 5 OVC teams

TravisHill23
Riding the Bench

Post by TravisHill23 »

You want my honest opinion every team in the Logan sectional play in horrible conferences except for Fairfield Union and Logan Elm. The se district really needs to go to a super sectional

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

TravisHill23 wrote:You want my honest opinion every team in the Logan sectional play in horrible conferences except for Fairfield Union and Logan Elm. The se district really needs to go to a super sectional

I like super sectionals but this made me laugh. Marietta is the #8 seed at Logan and they play in the ECOL. Zanesville, a team they beat, is middle of the pack in that league and spanked bloom Carroll by nearly 20 on their own floor. They have teams like New Philly, Cambridge, zville, meadowbrook, coshocton, Dover and rosecrans and they are traditionally way better than the MSL. Sheridan and New Lex come from the MVL which produced last years state champion, and Tri-valley who was playing in a D1 central district title game two years ago among others. FU and Sheridan played a tight game this year. New Lex is a bottom of the barrel mvl team and beat Athens.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Prime Time wrote:SOC would dominate the OVC. 1 and 2. Out of those three conferences OVC comes in third from top to bottom. I'm not a biased opinion since I have no connections to none of those teams, just common basketball sense from the entire season.
i think the soc1, soc2 and ovc just about a dead draw when you look at each of them top to bottom.

I am sure there will be plenty of postseason battles between them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”