TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: TOURNAMENT DRAW SUNDAY

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:MSL is average. The OVC is down but that's the best basketball league with those teams historically. Fairland, Ironton, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake
Agreed. The OVC should be the best each year, but like most things, it goes in cycles.

The SVC is way down, but should be up again in a couple of years as a lot of teams are getting really good production out of Freshmen and sophomores.

The TVC Ohio is the best conference this year with the top 4 being pretty strong.

97Dragon
Waterboy

Post by 97Dragon »

Prime Time wrote:From my view it will be Burg vs Portsmouth,,winner Portsmouth, Fairland vs Portsmouth. Might be upset special of year in that one.

Not saying Portsmouth doesn't have a chance but they played Fairland twice without VanHorn. Anything can happen tourney time but they are a different team with him.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

97Dragon wrote:
Prime Time wrote:From my view it will be Burg vs Portsmouth,,winner Portsmouth, Fairland vs Portsmouth. Might be upset special of year in that one.

Not saying Portsmouth doesn't have a chance but they played Fairland twice without VanHorn. Anything can happen tourney time but they are a different team with him.
Only thing that bothers me about Fairland is I'm worried they won't utilize Collin enough in the tournament if they get down in games. For example, in the Lynchburg Clay game last year almost all of the second half was jump shots from the outside from Fairland. But if they keep feeding the post and working inside they'll be in good shape.

ROLL PEAKE
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Final

Capital 92........Ironton 60

97Dragon
Waterboy

Post by 97Dragon »

bbn77 wrote:
97Dragon wrote:

Only thing that bothers me about Fairland is I'm worried they won't utilize Collin enough in the tournament if they get down in games. For example, in the Lynchburg Clay game last year almost all of the second half was jump shots from the outside from Fairland. But if they keep feeding the post and working inside they'll be in good shape.

I totally agree. When u have a post player like Collin the best thing you can do is play inside out because he will open up wide open jumpers for everyone else if they crash in on him. Smart player and can score at will one on one.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Noitall wrote:
Prime Time wrote:PinkFloyds top 50 backs my thinking up 11 SOC teams vs 5 OVC teams

In not familar with either conference but how many teams in SOC ,and how many teams in OVC ? To be honest I don't I don't recall either league make big runs at the convocation center

Western Pike went to the Regional last year? I would consider that a run. SOC 1 had 3 teams I believe in the district finals at the convo.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Why did Giordano not play for Lynchburg Clay on Tuesday night?

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

nice guy wrote:Why did Giordano not play for Lynchburg Clay on Tuesday night?

Wrong thread

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

In Division 2 the Central District has 2 district champs and 1 goes to Athens vs 2 teams from Southeast and 1 from the East. The other has to go to Dayton vs 3 teams from the Cincinnati/Dayton areas. So where do you think the 1 seed chose to go?

Yes ---- into the district which goes to Athens. Here's the interesting part----so did the 2nd seed and the 3rd seed.

Top 3 seeds decide to go into the same district betting on the fact that if they get out and into the Athens Region they have a much better chance to advance to Columbus.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That is so interesting. I think if I was the No. 3 (who was it Eastmoor?) I would have chose the other bracket. Yes, you have to go to Dayton - but you would have basically assured yourself at least a chance in the regionals.

tomcat
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcat »

D4 Question
How are Miller and Symmes Valley both (8-10) ranked 4 and 5 ahead of Western (12-7) and Manchester (9-11) who are ranked 8 and 9? Why is it that two teams with losing records only have to win one game to make it to the Convo? Western and Manchester have to play two games to get to the Convo and beat the #1 seed. It doesn't look like the bracket was set up right, seems like they should be switched. Any thoughts?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Two different sectionals. The Northwest sectional has more quality teams in it as compared to the Meigs sectional. Until there becomes a super sectional, there will be years this will be the case.

Return to “Boys Basketball”