All State

Meigs @ Athens 2/11

Post by VisionQuest »

Thoughts???

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: Meigs @ Athens 2/11

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Should be a good one. Meigs might be the biggest sleeper in the District. Some would say this game is "meaningless" as it has no league implications nor seeding implications. But no competitor (player or coach) would ever entertain such a thought about any game, much less a league rival. This game could have a lot of intangible meaning to it in terms of confidence and chemistry. There's nothing like going into tournament play on a hot streak. I'd say both teams will BRING IT tonight.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs better shoot better then they did last night against Wellston.

15-of-46 field goal attempts for 33 percent, including a 3-of-21 effort from behind the arc for 14 percent.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens could still get a split of the TVC if they win out and Wellston shocks VC next week, so not a great chance, but still possible.

Should be a really good game and a big game for both as they try to keep rolling towards Logan and the Sectional.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

danicalifornia wrote:Athens could still get a split of the TVC if they win out and Wellston shocks VC next week, so not a great chance, but still possible.
"So you're saying there's a chance...!" ~Lloyd Christmas

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote:Athens could still get a split of the TVC if they win out and Wellston shocks VC next week, so not a great chance, but still possible.

Should be a really good game and a big game for both as they try to keep rolling towards Logan and the Sectional.
Be the biggest upset since Wellston beat Jackson in 2010. So big it got Wellston a 60 minute slot on ESPN

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens looks like they are firing on cylinders at the right time. Athens next 3 of 4 games should be fun to watch. Meigs, Morgan, and Marietta

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens looks like they are firing on cylinders at the right time. Athens next 3 of 4 games should be fun to watch. Meigs, Morgan, and Marietta
Sounds like all 4 should be, just based on how well they are playing. Even easy wins can be fun to watch in those times.

Good to see the Bulldogs get rolling right before the tournament.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Morgan's best player is out - changes that game completely.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs 16
Athens 13
End of 1

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs 60
Athens 49

Final.

That felt great!!!

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

Wow, what a great win for Meigs. Big time momentum heading into the tournament!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs can definitely beat anyone at the Logan sectional. I did like Meigs defensive game plan

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens looks like they are firing on cylinders at the right time. Athens next 3 of 4 games should be fun to watch. Meigs, Morgan, and Marietta

Looks like a cylinder just thre a rod!

Congrats to Meigs. That appears to be one hell of a coaching adjustment in two weeks time. The learning curve appears to be pretty steep over in Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nice win by Meigs. They really wanted it and you could tell. Pretty savvy coaching move by Frey as well to take Cozart out of the game. You would expect a team to try and focus on Griff, but to have the idea to take out the No. 2 scorer was brilliant - and it worked.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

The way I see it is if Lutz gets his points he gets his points, Every game this year our opponents top scorer has had in the 20's. Even if Lutz gets 30 points, it will be up to what his teammates can do. It's all about which team will have more kids in double digits or which team plays better defense against the other players other than the high scorers.

I would be interested in knowing who the 2nd, 3rd and 4th leading scorer for Athens is.

Thats my thoughts when Athens came to Meigs, but we didn't do it...lol

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

What did Meigs do defensively that was so effective?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It was similar to their 1-3-1 except one of their wings face guarded Cozart, followed him around and denied him the ball. I guess you could call it a box in one - but it wasn't really a box.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Nice call Tvcfan! Dalton always plays well against Meigs so this time they had a plan. We just could not get anything else going and played really flat. I thought Meigs would be a little fired up after the Friday night game at Wellston. Loved seeing all of our Meigs friends. It's nice to see the kids still remain so close even after going different ways.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

sportsmom20 wrote:Nice call Tvcfan! Dalton always plays well against Meigs so this time they had a plan. We just could not get anything else going and played really flat. I thought Meigs would be a little fired up after the Friday night game at Wellston. Loved seeing all of our Meigs friends. It's nice to see the kids still remain so close even after going different ways.
We done that defense last year a few times and it seem to work everytime we used it, but we hadn't used it any at all this year and it really surprised me to see we were doing it. It really did change the game and I know Dalton was frustrated. But one thing he can take from it is to know that he is one heck of a player when a defense is geared to stop him.

Hopefully both of our teams will make it to the Convo.

Christian had the worse game of his life up at Wellston, only had 2 points and was 0-7 behind the 3 point line. I was surprised he scored 17 last night and not a 3-pointer at all.

Now that it's tournament time, It's TVC-OHIO Time :)

Return to “Boys Basketball”