Meigs @ Athens 2/11

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Meigs @ Athens 2/11

Post by thebarlowbandit »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Funny stuff from Barlow and TVC. You 2 should go on the road with Ringling Brothers Circus and be Mind Readers. Sorry, I didn't mention the Mattox kid, he had a good game-figured that was a given. I will say his attitude wasn't favorable when he was pulled out by the Coach after his Free throws, for an obvious breather. He should work on that tvcfan. Hope you can take constructive criticism and not cry about that observation.
I won't ever correct his attitude from being a competitor and wanting to be on the floor...Especially when he was having a heck of a game compared to the one he had just had the night before. I'm glad you can determine he needed a breather, but I assure you he didn't....lol

And You really didn't have to mention him at all, It's a team effort and not about just one kid.

And I'm NOTHING like bandit...you won't ever see me saying bad things about a kid.

I've never seen TVCFan come on here and bash the coach when he wasn't happy with little jimmy's court time like you do. Maybe you should worry about your own kid's attitude? You on the other hand were regretting signing that petition to hire the coach. Nice try though.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Nope TVC fan doesn't coach bash or player bash, that's more your area Bandit. You questioning people's "example " is hilarious, your about as low as they get.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Funny stuff from Barlow and TVC. You 2 should go on the road with Ringling Brothers Circus and be Mind Readers. Sorry, I didn't mention the Mattox kid, he had a good game-figured that was a given. I will say his attitude wasn't favorable when he was pulled out by the Coach after his Free throws, for an obvious breather. He should work on that tvcfan. Hope you can take constructive criticism and not cry about that observation.
I won't ever correct his attitude from being a competitor and wanting to be on the floor...Especially when he was having a heck of a game compared to the one he had just had the night before. I'm glad you can determine he needed a breather, but I assure you he didn't....lol

And You really didn't have to mention him at all, It's a team effort and not about just one kid.

And I'm NOTHING like bandit...you won't ever see me saying bad things about a kid.

I've never seen TVCFan come on here and bash the coach when he wasn't happy with little jimmy's court time like you do. Maybe you should worry about your own kid's attitude? You on the other hand were regretting signing that petition to hire the coach. Nice try though.
Wherever do you get your Info?? LOL-Or are you "fishing". Am I a Coach or the parent of a player or a Longtime fan and Alumni??? Make up your mind. And what was in that private message you sent me late one night and deleted it before I could read it??

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:It also helped that Zack Bartrum played a good game for Meigs-didn't seem to have as mAny TO's as the 1st go around down at Meigs-he also attacked the basket and made some nice shots-His FT shooting settled down and sank several toward the End. The Refs were really letting the Boys play last night. Total opposite as what we Saw at Meigs when 40 Fouls were called. Last night seemed for the most part consistent-however; there were about 3-4 questionable calls in a Row by one Ref against Athens that Really Changed momentum IMO....
So you question your coaches and now the refs and only praise one Meigs player...Too funny
You know it, all he can do is blame, blame and blame. No credit for what sounds like. Solid coaching job and execution by the Meig coaches and kids. Poor example he continues to set.
Hey bandit isn't it a little curious that anyone on here who questions anything at Athens suffers the wrath of one certain poster, except VisionQuest. Ole Quest made a few negative comments a while back and that go no response from the resident AHS Bouncer. Now he's back on the good side. Kind of makes a person wonder doesn't it. :mrgreen:

And yes, Quest joins in blaming the refs. I love watching Athens games on 15. I don't even have to watch the game, but just listen to how the announcers talk about the refs. If the refs aren't doing to well I know Athens is losing. :mrgreen:

Great playing and coaching by Meigs.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

The only person who had incurred "wrath" from me is Bandit. He made this personal starting in July, not me

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

AHS resident bouncer? Surely you're not referring to me ground buck ... I have never bounced a single user from this site ... lol

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Oh I was hoping he was referring to me! Feel like Patrick Swayze in Road House. Btw, the movie Dalton was named after lol. Little me a bouncer bahahahaha.

thebarlowbandit
All State

sportsmom20 wrote:The only person who had incurred "wrath" from me is Bandit. He made this personal starting in July, not me
Keep dreaming, it's noting personal, just stated my opinion that this is not AAU basketball. Actual coaching goes on at this level, as well as scouting, filming and etc....

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote:AHS resident bouncer? Surely you're not referring to me ground buck ... I have never bounced a single user from this site ... lol
Not you 93. I respect you as a moderator and your opinion.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
sportsmom20 wrote:The only person who had incurred "wrath" from me is Bandit. He made this personal starting in July, not me
Keep dreaming, it's noting personal, just stated my opinion that this is not AAU basketball. Actual coaching goes on at this level, as well as scouting, filming and etc....
Careful Bandit. You may hit a nerve with a post like that. :mrgreen:

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

We enjoy listening to Athens on the radio. Some interesting analysis.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Johnstown wrote:We enjoy listening to Athens on the radio. Some interesting analysis.
The play by play guy is great. 30+ years of experience and an OHSAA broadcast award winner. The color guy, not so much. He loves high school sports - but doesn't have much talent. Knows a little - but far from being an expert ... lol

thebarlowbandit
All State

The few times I've caught a broadcast I've enjoyed it. And I appreciate your efforts as a moderator on the board.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

The outcome would have been different but I could not get Dave Harris to ante up......

Return to “Boys Basketball”