Fairland @ Portsmouth 2/7

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Fairland @ Portsmouth 2/7

Post by ovcfan12 »

Thoughts? I would expect Portsmouth to have a huge crowd tonight.

bbn77
All Conference

Re: Fairland @ Portsmouth 2/7

Post by bbn77 »

Should be packed and I wish I could be there. Fairland by 8 or 10

ROLL PEAKE
donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Fairland in a cake walk! Portsmouth will be the most over rated team in tournament at a #2 seed..

I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans will have to play very well to defeat the Dragons......the best team on PHS's schedule. As usual, the formula for success for PHS remains the same......make perimeter/mid range shots, defend in the half court, and at least stay even on rebounds. If they can do that, they have a chance to win. If they don't, Fairland will win by double digits. The Dragons are still a strong contender for a Final 4 berth. I hope Collin Van Horn can play as I would like to see our Trojans play them at full strength.

We in Trojan Land are very proud of this year's Trojans......14-4 and doing much better than many people thought. One win away from our 43rd season of at least 15 wins!!

I don't know how big the crowd will be because it's on a Tuesday night.......I wish it were a "Red Out" like we had vs. Chillicothe in 2011, when the Trojans snapped a 14 game losing streak vs. the Cavaliers with a 52-42 win. That PHS team advanced to the Final 4. Fairland hasn't lost an OVC game in 2 years after going unbeaten (14-0) last season.

GO TROJANS!!

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

donaldtrump wrote:Fairland in a cake walk! Portsmouth will be the most over rated team in tournament at a #2 seed..

I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Fake News!! This game will be big league.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Fairland is the king of the mountain everyone knows that, Portsmouth has been getting off to very slow starts last few games ,if they want to compete tonight that absolutely can not happen or it coykd spell doom early, you can't come from behind with a team the caliber of Fairland. .....I do live the challenge right before post season.

Go Trojan's!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons on the win.......and to our Trojans for a great effort against the best team in the SE district (#3 ranked AP in the state). In both games vs. the Dragons this season, the 4th quarter proved to be the undoing for PHS. In the first game, down only 8 at Fairland going into the last 8 minutes, the Trojans were outscored by 11 points and lost by 19. Last night, Portsmouth had a 4 point lead going into the 4th quarter, only to come out and score but 2 points in 5 minutes. The shots that the Trojans had made for 3 quarters didn't fall in that first 5 minutes, and the Dragons took full advantage of it.

Still, I am proud of our Trojans' effort.......sometimes the shots fall, sometimes they don't. 5 minutes with only 2 points against a very good team can be the difference between winning and losing. PHS came out on the short end, but I feel after watching our kids play Fairland twice that we can beat them IF they can play 4 good quarters. In the first 2 games, one bad quarter in both resulted in 2 losses. Considering how FHS has run away from most of their opponents this season, to come away with a very competitive loss makes me feel good about our Trojans heading into tournament play.

One point about Collin Van Horn being out.......the Dragons are still very good without him.......hopefully he will be back.......with him, they are a legitimate Final 4 basketball team.

GO TROJANS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”