JV status

MisterAxeGrinder
Waterboy

Re: JV status

Post by MisterAxeGrinder »

Athens JV very strong this year with a couple of key freshman that I look to see having a HUGE impact at the varsity level next year a sophmores

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Any info on green bobcats JV

SOC 1
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth's JV team had it share of struggles this season......don't know their overall record, but it might have been .500 or below.......and at times, there were 3 juniors on the court. The freshmen struggled even more so........I believe they won only 4 or 5 games.

I really think the Trojan varsity will be down for two years, and by down I mean under .500. Losing 2 of the top 3 all time scorers the last 2 seasons will really make Portsmouth offensively challenged in 2017-2018, and most likely in 2018-2019.

Although the 7th and 8th grade didn't have glittering records......8th (8-9), 7th (5-11), there is no shortage of athleticism on these teams.....skill wise, there needs to be improvement, but by the time they get to varsity, Portsmouth basketball should be ready to make a comeback. Don't be surprised if the Trojans start 2 or 3 sophomores in 2018-2019, and maybe all underclassmen.

I hope I'm wrong on my forecast for the next 2 years, because I'm an optimist, but I just see the Trojans really scuffling to score and in the end, struggling to win games.

GO TROJANS!!!
Sad to read this, maybe we will get a "transfer" to come to PHS! Sure some of the youngsters mature, basketball wise and prevent this period from happening.

Return to “Boys Basketball”