Team Captains

VisionQuest
All State

Team Captains

Post by VisionQuest »

Thoughts on Team Captainz- How do some teams from the area choose their Captains??. What traits should a Captain exemplify??-What shouldn't a Team Captain do??-How many Team Captains should be for a Team-ETC....Any thoughts on this New Thread appreciated

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Re: Team Captains

Post by sportsmom20 »

Athens: players vote by closed ballot start of season. All coachs open ballots and record votes, then announce.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

The captains are usually obvious.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs let's Seniors be Captains

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

I think most area schools coaches just pick them. The term Captain used to mean something many years ago. I believe you need to do it one of 2 ways...All seniors are captains or if you select a few those selected should be held to a higher standard and should be required to have some sort of role for the team other than just having the title. Otherwise those appointed by coaches are just that and the rest of the team probably doesn't have much respect for the process of becoming one. It's simply a title.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

A team Captain whether in Basketball or football should be a leader , one that makes his team mates better, Understand the goals of the team . He considers team 1st, one that is happy for the win , one that dwells on what he or she could have done better to improve his team . Loves the game he plays and applauds his team mates when they do well . No I first in team captain but us as a team . One that understands the Coaches structure and strives to obtain success thru that structure . One that plays hard on defense and not afraid to step up and lead. Yes popularity comes in to play but coaches and players know who they want to lead as captain and the one or two that can do that for a team . Some coaches go with Seniors , some with PG or Quarterback ( or middle Linebacker) But it should be something you earn. Just my opinion .

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Some people believe it to be so, but your captain(s) isn't always your best player. He's the coach on the court or field with the most experience and knows how to run the system the coaches implement and knows what to do in certain situations

ROLL PEAKE
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I like all the Input

Return to “Boys Basketball”