Logan 64 Marietta 50 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan 64 Marietta 50 final

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 64
Marietta 50 a final

... Logan took care of business at Jim's Gym tonight "beating up" the Tigers 64-50 ... this one was never in doubt as Logan led at all stops :

Logan ... 11 .... 26 .... 43 .... 64
Marietta.. 8 .... 18 .... 29 ..... 50

Marietta came out pressuring the Chiefs all over the court, wanting to push the ball offensively BUT the Purple & White had the answer "hit some shots from the field or get inside and go to the line" both scenarios allowed the Purple to pick up the ball defensively, slowing down the tempo , turning this one into more of the "half court" variety game ... Logan can play in the half court ... Marietta ? not their strong suit and it showed ... Logan was in control all night, with Marietta getting frustrated by the Chiefs defense and physical play ...I had Logan called for 19 fouls while the Tigers contributed 21 of their on the night ... in my napkin stats I had Logan's big man in the middle Kory Henthorne with 4 "pancake blocks/picks" on the evening - a first on my napkin stat sheets since the days of Max Resler in the 2002 campaign who was famous for solid , blind picks ...

... the final score wasn't indicative of the score throughout the 4th quarter as Logan played with an 18-22 point advantage the entire quarter leading 62-42 with 2:49 to play when benches emptied for both sides ... Logan 64- Marietta 50 a final ...

...Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Marietta ...

Scoring ... Zach Deskins 16, Hunter Hutchinson 8, Isaac Danford 8, Travis Moore 7, Trent Dawson 5, Brandon Neville 4, Anthony Avendano 2
3 Pointers ... 4/11 ... Zach Deskins 4
FTs .... 10/20
TOs ... 15
PntP ... 26
Points in Transition ... 4

... Coming into the game I figured Marietta for a team who pushed the ball, got out in transition, living by scoring in transition , I was surprised that the Tigers didn't shoot more threes ... Logan defensively took Marietta out of their AAU/Havoc Ball game ... the Tigers only showed one threat behind the arc in Deskins (4) , Logan was the one controlling the tempo by scoring/hitting FTs , the Logan guards handled the MHS pressure as Marietta only had 4 points in the transition game ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan ...

Scoring ... Kory Henthorne 18, Bo Myers 16, Caiden Landis 10, Caleb Bell 8, Coby Bell 8, Wes Brooks 4
3 Pointers ... 7/19 ... Bo Myers 3, Caleb Bell 2, Coby Bell 1, Wes Brooks 1
FTs ... 19/29
TOs ... 15
PntP ... 22
Points in Transition ... 4

... as I have pointed out Logan took care of "bidness" - took Marietta out of THEIR game, forcing the Tigers to play on the offensive end in the halfcourt, Logan controlled the tempo/keeping the game from being a track meet, defensively played physical which is not the Tiger MO ... game balls to Kory Henthorne - strength in the paint, literally & figuratively a "wall" in the paint with the 4 "pancakes" ... Wes Brooks played a solid reserve floor game - he knocked down a triple - he hesitates as he is playing his role coming off the bench, handling the ball and distributing to scorers BUT he shoots the ball well enough to be a threat/at least someone the D has to account for when he is on the floor ...Coach Rider got the counted on consistent offense out of Bo Myers and the defensive floor games AND scoring from the Bell Boys ... 6 of the first 7 players in the scorebook put up positive numbers points wise ... a good W as the Chiefs move to 5-2 vs SE District teams ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan 64 Marietta 50 final

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good TEAM win for the Chiefs!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good play all away around . They dictated the pace and the pressure was non effective . A shout out to the JV for they battled back after being down to pull out the win . Freshman battled but lost. On to Jackson Friday . Jackson much improved . Thanks Floyd for the run down .

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Sounds good. Thanks Pfloyd

AT THE RESERVATION
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Chiefs should move into the top 8 after this win. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just messin with ya Floyd