OVC vs. SOC II Challenge

bbn77
All Conference

OVC vs. SOC II Challenge

Post by bbn77 »

An idea sprung to my head a couple seconds ago. How would you guys feel about a three day event where an OVC school plays an SOC school over the weekend? The host site could rotate every year between SOC and OVC schools. And the winner of the challenge is which ever conference wins the most games. Maybe a business could sponsor a trophy. Here would be an example schedule:

Let's say Rock Hill were to host

Friday
Valley vs. Coal Grove 6:00
Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth 8:00
Saturday
South Webster vs. South Point 2:00
Minford vs. Gallia Academy 4:00
Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake 6:00
Oak Hill vs. Fairland 8:00
Sunday
Waverly vs. Ironton 2:00
Northwest vs. Rock Hill 4:00

Frankly, I am all for this event and would pay good money to watch it. Lots of nice gyms between these two conferences and lots of good teams. And no major travel either. I say let's put it on

ROLL PEAKE
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: OVC vs. SOC II Challenge

Post by danicalifornia »

Would be cool. I know there used to be a SVC-SOC Challenge in Girls bball that was pretty cool, but I'm not sure how much money it made since they stopped doing it years ago.

It would have to wait at least a year or so to get schedules open, but would be a pretty fun event.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Yep, any event featuring Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Fairland, Wheelersburg and Oak Hill is bound to be a good one. Lots of good coaches

ROLL PEAKE
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

agreed, but Portsmouth at this point uses open dates for an annual trip to Fla to play some quality opponents as well, putting this thing on the slate would require some decision making

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Yeah, maybe have it the week/weekend of the tournament draw so teams can get one more "résumé win"

ROLL PEAKE
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I would love to see that...I don't know what conference would come out on top....pretty even between the 2 conferences from top to bottom

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

mrwonderful wrote:I would love to see that...I don't know what conference would come out on top....pretty even between the 2 conferences from top to bottom
Going off of that example schedule I made I predict it would be 4-4. A lot of good games especially with Oak Hill vs Fairland

ROLL PEAKE
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

probably end up 4-4 and 6 of the 8 games up for grabs...Burg would pound Peak and I think Portsmouth heavy favorite over west

Return to “Boys Basketball”