1-25 Warren vs. Portsmouth

warrior90
Varsity

1-25 Warren vs. Portsmouth

Post by warrior90 »

Hopefully Warren stays focused and don't let their guard down against a good Portsmouth team. Should be a large crowd in the "warrior coliseum" to watch this battle. I think if we can come out strong and get a good lead we should handle them, but if we start out flat this might be a tough game. Thoughts????

Bigbadbluefan
Waterboy

Re: 1-25 Warren vs. Portsmouth

Post by Bigbadbluefan »

I really believe that Warren will be excited to play at home after a HUGE win against Newark Catholic. No disrespect to past Warren teams and wins, but the Newark Catholic victory has to be in the top 5 biggest wins for their program. I can't remember Warren facing two 6'7 players, along with 6'4, 6'3, and a PG that could "start" for any D1 Ohio HS team. Newark may be D4, but their players are legit D2, possibly D1, and their history speaks for itself! If Warren loses another game before Regionals, it would surprise me. Bad thing is... I've been surprised before!

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Totally agree Bigbadbluefan. IMO. Coach Maddox will keep the Warriors grounded and have them ready to play the Trojans on Friday. The Warriors need to battle every possession, every quarter, every game to reach their goals. Nothing comes easy. The Machine rolls on. GO BLUE ! ! !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Maddox will preach/teach "Never Be Satisfied ... if you're satisfied - you lose" ...

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Bigbadbluefan wrote:I really believe that Warren will be excited to play at home after a HUGE win against Newark Catholic. No disrespect to past Warren teams and wins, but the Newark Catholic victory has to be in the top 5 biggest wins for their program. I can't remember Warren facing two 6'7 players, along with 6'4, 6'3, and a PG that could "start" for any D1 Ohio HS team. Newark may be D4, but their players are legit D2, possibly D1, and their history speaks for itself! If Warren loses another game before Regionals, it would surprise me. Bad thing is... I've been surprised before!
I agree! Has to be one of the biggest wins in school history. I can't remember one bigger. Maybe some "old" Warrior historian could provide some info.

As far as the Portsmouth game I don't see a let down because this coaching staff is doing it the right way "One Game At A Time" Even with Marietta and Gallia being somewhat weaker, the Warriors staff waited until after Friday nights game vs Gallia to talk about and prepare for Newark Catholic. I can't say enough what a job the coaching staff has done this year. With the USUAL Warrior faithful expectations but a new team with two experinced varsity players(Evan French & Dylan Leffingwell) they have molded, guided, nudged, dragged, pushed and pulled this team to a 13-1 record and not to 4get 8 straight wins after the Cols Upper Arlington loss. Great job!

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

The Harvest Prep win was big two years ago and the Portsmouth win was big last year....both these teams went on to be state runner-up.....of course the Chilli wins once each the past 3 years were all big going up against Malik and company....I wish I had been there last night, was glued to the radio for every second....very exciting I could sense we were never out of it (remembering the Athens game) ....been so fun to witness this team come together and these youngsters grow up before our eyes....sorry but I don't see Trojans being within 10 points at the end of this one....

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Coming off a big win Monday over NC I look for the Warriors momentum to continue in tune to a 70-45 type score.

Go Blue!

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Subs will be in early for Warren so I will say W by 20

Pegasus
Waterboy

Post by Pegasus »

The Portsmouth at Warren game has been cancelled for Fri. 1/25. This game has been re-scheduled for Sat. Feb. 16th.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

three days before the opening of the State Tourney ugh

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If it doesn't bother the standing this game might not be played

Return to “Boys Basketball”