1/31: Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

1/31: Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thoughts?

the burg played oak hill good the first meeting losing 57-50. i don't see the oaks losing 2 games but IMO i do believe the burg can take this one and split the season series.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: 1/31: Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg

Post by Sports-nut »

Being that Wheelersburg is at home, anything is possible ;)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wheelersburg is playing better and is more talented than Oak Hill, more deep, and more athletic. All signs are pointing to a Burg win by 6-8 points. If Norm can pull this one out, it'll wrap up the SOC title and be arguably the best coaching job of his career.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Should be a great game. I'd give Burg the edge at home but again I wouldn't count out Norm or this team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill by 15

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

bbjunky81 wrote:Wheelersburg is playing better and is more talented than Oak Hill, more deep, and more athletic. All signs are pointing to a Burg win by 6-8 points. If Norm can pull this one out, it'll wrap up the SOC title and be arguably the best coaching job of his career.

Been hearing this nonsense all season. They said the same thing about Waverly and Oak Hill is still 18-0. Anything can happen, but let me remind you the Oaks beat Burg at home in arguably the worst, most one siding officiating I have ever witnessed.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oaktown wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Wheelersburg is playing better and is more talented than Oak Hill, more deep, and more athletic. All signs are pointing to a Burg win by 6-8 points. If Norm can pull this one out, it'll wrap up the SOC title and be arguably the best coaching job of his career.

Been hearing this nonsense all season. They said the same thing about Waverly and Oak Hill is still 18-0. Anything can happen, but let me remind you the Oaks beat Burg at home in arguably the worst, most one siding officiating I have ever witnessed.
:lol:

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

What radio station will this game be on?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

It is online on WNXT2

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg wins.

Probably better for the Oaks to get one loss out of the way before the tournament.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Pirates win..............Burg 44 Oak Hill 40

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This was one hell of a game. Absolutely one of the hardest fought games I've ever watched. Both teams will be a force to be reckoned with come tourney time

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I didn't make it to the first matchup, but aside from #11, the Oaks really don't have another scoring threat. He is a heck of a good shooter, but I'm surprised they made it this far undefeated.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

4thgoal wrote:I didn't make it to the first matchup, but aside from #11, the Oaks really don't have another scoring threat. He is a heck of a good shooter, but I'm surprised they made it this far undefeated.
I wasn't real impressed either

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game!!

If Burg hits there free throws this game is not close. They had to miss at least 8.

Like was said above, OH had one scorer that kept them in the game but down the stretch he looked tired and it hurt them. He was on fire for 3 1/2 qtrs but needed to look for other shooters late in the game.

Cole Lowery has to be the MVP tonight. Had some incredible offensive rebounds that kept the ball in the Burg's hand and hit some big free throws down the stretch.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Really? Lmao , oak hill sucks now they only have one player?

Typical response from burg people , you don't say much about your win when you talk like this ,you don't win 14 or 15 games in a row and not be good no matter who you play, how. Many games has bug won lost to this point ,and if oak hill is so bad why they beat you all first time?
If they are as bad ad you think only one other explanation, they must have one hell of a coach! Maybe he has win a ton of games somewhere else????

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Noitall wrote:Really? Lmao , oak hill sucks now they only have one player?

Typical response from burg people , you don't say much about your win when you talk like this ,you don't win 14 or 15 games in a row and not be good no matter who you play, how. Many games has bug won lost to this point ,and if oak hill is so bad why they beat you all first time?
If they are as bad ad you think only one other explanation, they must have one hell of a coach! Maybe he has win a ton of games somewhere else????

From an unbiased perspective I think they were just highlighting that in the game your team only had one real true scorer who played well but had to distribute at the end when the game was on the line. It's ok not to be impressed with a team; they're 17 and 18 year old kids who are bound to have a bad night. Plus, Oak Hill plays a slower paced brand of ball so even when they win by 10 and dominate, the style itself can be unimpressive. Both teams have potential to do well in the tourney and Oak Hill is still in drivers seat for SOC crown. Good luck to both teams

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

What's the feeling on coach Ater now? I know a couple of weeks ago burg fans were wanting him fired , has that changed now? Or do they still want a new coach?

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

EPN wrote:What's the feeling on coach Ater now? I know a couple of weeks ago burg fans were wanting him fired , has that changed now? Or do they still want a new coach?
Great win by the Pirates! Coach Ater has his players really locking in right now as they have had some time to gel as a team. Some of the individual player performances of each game of late has been awesome from Newsome to Salyers to Lowery to Bivens to go along with Coleman and Holden. It just seems like different ones step up each game to compliment the big 2.

What I found remarkable was on a night where maybe Coleman didn't score as much as he had been, that others just stepped right up and chipped in some points and Coleman did a lot of little things still quite well.

It's truly a credit to the players and this whole entire team that they didn't get wrapped up in the negativity of the community people complaining early on and they just turned their season right around.

Congrats Pirates! Job well done tonight!

Lastly, on Oak Hill, they are just solid and I mean that in the most complimentary fashion. To the casual fan, they won't jump out and impress you. But man are they steady and man do they take care of the basketball for the most part. Great team and any person who discredits them or the win Burg just had is CRAZY! You will have to beat them in the tournament as they are not going to beat themselves.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

EPN wrote:What's the feeling on coach Ater now? I know a couple of weeks ago burg fans were wanting him fired , has that changed now? Or do they still want a new coach?
Nothing has changed. Still no SOC championships. This team shouldn't have lost a game. The kids are the main ones complaining about him.

Return to “Boys Basketball”