Athens @ Meigs 1/31/2017

Post by tvc_fan »

Should be a good one.

Thoughts??

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens @ Meigs 1/31/2017

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hard to believe - but this game means everything when it comes to the DII tournament. I know Meigs still has a shot at the TVC-Ohio title, so it means a lot for them on both ends.

As Trump would say, this game is YUGE!!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Hard to believe - but this game means everything when it comes to the DII tournament. I know Meigs still has a shot at the TVC-Ohio title, so it means a lot for them on both ends.

As Trump would say, this game is YUGE!!!!
There isn't any safe spots in the DII Tournament...lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Meigs by 9

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

How does Meigs match up to Athens length? Will they be able to keep the Bulldogs off the boards?

Can Athens solve the Mauraders zone D? (If they are still playing it like they did last year of course)

Without seeing either team this year, I figure those would be some important factors for Tuesday.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Thought this would be a nice pic for this topic. I believe it was the 7th Grade.

Meigs Players Are"
Christian Mattox #1
Devon Hawley 14

Only Athens player I'm sure of is Dalton Cozart #20

Help with the other??

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hardfowl wrote:The game can be heard on 92.1 FM and online at http://www.wyvk.com.
Do I need to bring my cell equip Tues?

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Look how little they are! Good pics Tvc Fan
First pic had Dalton, Treyce Albin, Micah Saltsman and Easton McCullom.
Second pic is Dalton, Treyce and Micah

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

sportsmom20 wrote:Look how little they are! Good pics Tvc Fan
First pic had Dalton, Treyce Albin, Micah Saltsman and Easton McCullom.
Second pic is Dalton, Treyce and Micah
Looking at the old pics really puts things into perspective, kids just out there having fun playing basketball. I think most parents forget that when they get just a few years older. I know I tend to forget it at times...lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can see Meigs pulling this one out

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

It's gonna be all about who's shots are falling. I really don't know much about Athens, Other then Lutz.

What I know about Meigs, is they have 3 players and often 4 players in double digits. several games 2 of the players are in the high teens, early 20's. Sometimes 3 players.

You have Musser and Mattox that hits from the outside, you have Mahr and Kennedy that gets the points in heavy traffic, and Bartrum can penetrate and can draw the fouls. Then you have players off the bench that can contribute, they don't put up a ton of points, but their defense is a huge factor.

I'm going to go with Meigs of course.

Meigs 68
Athens 62

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

tvc_fan wrote:It's gonna be all about who's shots are falling. I really don't know much about Athens, Other then Lutz.

What I know about Meigs, is they have 3 players and often 4 players in double digits. several games 2 of the players are in the high teens, early 20's. Sometimes 3 players.

You have Musser and Mattox that hits from the outside, you have Mahr and Kennedy that gets the points in heavy traffic, and Bartrum can penetrate and can draw the fouls. Then you have players off the bench that can contribute, they don't put up a ton of points, but their defense is a huge factor.

Meigs 68
Athens 62

Saw Meigs play earlier in the year, before they went south for the tournament. My question is and the key in my mind is can they stop Lutz penetration? If so, they will have a great chance, if not, it could be a long night.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:It's gonna be all about who's shots are falling. I really don't know much about Athens, Other then Lutz.

Meigs 68
Athens 62

Saw Meigs play earlier in the year, before they went south for the tournament. My question is and the key in my mind is can they stop Lutz penetration? If so, they will have a great chance, if not, it could be a long night.
The way I see it is if Lutz gets his points he gets his points, Every game this year our opponents top scorer has had in the 20's. Even if Lutz gets 30 points, it will be up to what his teammates can do. It's all about which team will have more kids in double digits or which team plays better defense against the other players other than the high scorers.

I would be interested in knowing who the 2nd, 3rd and 4th leading scorer for Athens is.

thebarlowbandit
All State

tvc_fan wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Meigs 68
Athens 62

The way I see it is if Lutz gets his points he gets his points, Every game this year our opponents top scorer has had in the 20's. Even if Lutz gets 30 points, it will be up to what his teammates can do. It's all about which team will have more kids in double digits or which team plays better defense against the other players other than the high scorers.

I would be interested in knowing who the 2nd, 3rd and 4th leading scorer for Athens is.

Well I agree with you to an extent, but when Lutz has 30 Athens record is real good, when he has less than 20, Athens is not very good, he passes well going down hill, so when he scores, Athens tends to score. Should be a dandy

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'd say this will be high scoring

thebarlowbandit
All State

I'll guarantee you that Sheridan is rooting on Meigs, Lutz most dynamic player in that part of the bracket and has more 30+40+ games as anyone. That's the one team you don't want to play early in one and done.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Five. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ground Buck wrote:Five. :mrgreen:
Must be an inside joke.

Return to “Boys Basketball”