SkiPopLover wrote:Score?
Athens 75
Meigs 63
Final

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens @ Meigs 1/31/2017

Post by SkiPopLover »

Almost skipped the VC / Jackson game & went to this. Glad I didn't. VC's game was a good one.

See you Friday, Meigs! Gonna be a good one.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Anyone have a box score?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Athens 15-20-22-18---75
Meigs 13-15-19-16---63

ATHENS
Dalton Cozart---19
Griffin Lutz -----18
Robert Dickelman---10
Justin Hynes---9
Brody Ball----6
Micah Saltzman--5
Eli Chubb---5
Logan Mayfield---3

MEIGS
Luke Messer---19
Christian Mattox--13
Weston Baer---13
Jared Kennedy---12
Dillon Mahr---4
Zach Bartrum---2

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Wow, Cozart was huge in this game. I bet dad was pleased. good for him.

Good luck to everyone down the stretch.

Go TVC!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

spartans_fan wrote:Wow, Cozart was huge in this game. I bet dad was pleased. good for him.

Good luck to everyone down the stretch.

Go TVC!
6 of his points toward end of 4th period was a huge reason for the win.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its very important for Athens to have players step up & score like Cozart last night. In order to get to the Convo, lutz, cozart, hines, dickleman/Maxfield all need to hit double figures.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Its very important for Athens to have players step up & score like Cozart last night. In order to get to the Convo, lutz, cozart, hines, dickleman/Maxfield all need to hit double figures.
We played a horrible first period and still hung in there somehow, Musser and Mattox with no points first period and at least 6 turnovers from our PG's trying to force passes, several back to back. Mahr only 4 points on the night and he averages 10ppg.

There was a period of time when we had Lutz on the bench with 4 fouls, however we didnt take advantage of it and had 3 starters sitting on the bench (Musser, Mahr and Kennedy) during the time Lutz was on bench...I wasn't sure the reasoning for that.

I like our chances when we come up to Athens on the 11th. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im pretty sure its a real long shot to win the league for athens, and voting will be closed at midnight on the 10th, so that make up game with meigs wont mean much.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Im pretty sure its a real long shot to win the league for athens, and voting will be closed at midnight on the 10th, so that make up game with meigs wont mean much.
Yeah, all we an do is tie for the league if we win out. but VC always plays us better on our own court for some reason...lol

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

This game was much better than the score indicated btw.

AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

Hard to blame this loss on the pg's from Meigs. Meigs D not closing out on Cozart. Yes. Not pressing with Lutz on bench. Yes.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

AllTvc wrote:Hard to blame this loss on the pg's from Meigs. Meigs D not closing out on Cozart. Yes. Not pressing with Lutz on bench. Yes.
No blame was put on the PG's losing the game. I said they turned the ball over in the first period and also said that 2 of our scorers didn't score, once again not placing blame on ANYONE, don't see where you get that??

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Great game! Great food! Love their concession stand. No TVC Fan I didn't see you blaming anyone. Yikes people are getting testy late in the season. Enjoyed seeing all of our friends from Meigs!

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

sportsmom20 wrote:Great game! Great food! Love their concession stand. No TVC Fan I didn't see you blaming anyone. Yikes people are getting testy late in the season. Enjoyed seeing all of our friends from Meigs!
Mickey gave Christian a big hug after the game, and I congratulated him on the win, Didn't get a chance to tell Dalton he had a good game though. Maybe Vision Quest can tell him good game for me if you don't...lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Am I being "missed" or are some of you trying to draw me out??-Lol-Just maybe you are realizing I am that breath of fresh air you all needed in this Stifling universe-A "shining star" in your otherwise Dull World. All joking aside-Great Game!!!-Athens showed it can play without Griffin Lutz, At least for a Little While-On that Note I would say he needs to quit getting those Cheap Fouls from here on Out. Athens had FUN in that game And played as a Real TEAM with everyone getting a Taste of The Pie-They acted As if they recently lost something TOXIC and were Cleansed. As far as Meigs, they are a SCRAPPY Bunch and I Loved their Hustle and Tenacious Defense. And the Freshman Weston, he will be a Star for Meigs and Young Bartrum as well. They are Meigs Future. Really enjoyed the Game-Even of those Refs reminded of The Three Stooges. What A Joke!!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:Am I being "missed" or are some of you trying to draw me out??-Lol-Just maybe you are realizing I am that breath of fresh air you all needed in this Stifling universe-A "shining star" in your otherwise Dull World. All joking aside-Great Game!!!-Athens showed it can play without Griffin Lutz, At least for a Little While-On that Note I would say he needs to quit getting those Cheap Fouls from here on Out. Athens had FUN in that game And played as a Real TEAM with everyone getting a Taste of The Pie-They acted As if they recently lost something TOXIC and were Cleansed. As far as Meigs, they are a SCRAPPY Bunch and I Loved their Hustle and Tenacious Defense. And the Freshman Weston, he will be a Star for Meigs and Young Bartrum as well. They are Meigs Future. Really enjoyed the Game-Even of those Refs reminded of The Three Stooges. What A Joke!!!!
So what your saying is when Athens is winning you are all for what is going on, but when they are losing something is wrong???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote:Really enjoyed the Game-Even of those Refs reminded of The Three Stooges. What A Joke!!!!
There were twice as many fouls in the Athens/Meigs game as there were in the Athens/VC game - and it wasn't even half as physical.

I can't stand watching a game called to so touchy. It does not help the kids get ready for the physical play (and for the most part good officiating) that they will see in the tournament.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Am I being "missed" or are some of you trying to draw me out??-Lol-Just maybe you are realizing I am that breath of fresh air you all needed in this Stifling universe-A "shining star" in your otherwise Dull World. All joking aside-Great Game!!!-Athens showed it can play without Griffin Lutz, At least for a Little While-On that Note I would say he needs to quit getting those Cheap Fouls from here on Out. Athens had FUN in that game And played as a Real TEAM with everyone getting a Taste of The Pie-They acted As if they recently lost something TOXIC and were Cleansed. As far as Meigs, they are a SCRAPPY Bunch and I Loved their Hustle and Tenacious Defense. And the Freshman Weston, he will be a Star for Meigs and Young Bartrum as well. They are Meigs Future. Really enjoyed the Game-Even of those Refs reminded of The Three Stooges. What A Joke!!!!
So what your saying is when Athens is winning you are all for what is going on, but when they are losing something is wrong???
I do have a life outside of SEOPREPS. Have to pay the Bills, don't have the time to be on here spreading the JOY all the Time. Besides I feel like I am a "shooting star"-Too much of me and you won't appreciate me as much. Stay tuned for more Valuable Insights at a Later Date.

Return to “Boys Basketball”