Players Transferring

VisionQuest
All State

Players Transferring

Post by VisionQuest »

Curious as to the procedures involved if a player wants to Transfer-You hear so many stories-Some players seem to make a smooth transition others have to sit out half a season. Does the mileage distance between schools make a difference??-What if a player would transfer from say a Division 2 to a Division 1 even if it was Right down the Road??-Would like to hear any input or stories of a player who Transferred and it changed their life-We all know the story of Ibi Watson leaving Athens for Pickerington Central and it was the best move his Mother could have ever made-Now playing for Michigan-Would he be playing for Michigan if he would have stayed at Athens??

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Players Transferring

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote:Curious as to the procedures involved if a player wants to Transfer-You hear so many stories-Some players seem to make a smooth transition others have to sit out half a season. Does the mileage distance between schools make a difference??-What if a player would transfer from say a Division 2 to a Division 1 even if it was Right down the Road??-Would like to hear any input or stories of a player who Transferred and it changed their life-We all know the story of Ibi Watson leaving Athens for Pickerington Central and it was the best move his Mother could have ever made-Now playing for Michigan-Would he be playing for Michigan if he would have stayed at Athens??

Your kid not get to play enough tonight?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Maybe this can help you. I'd say we'd welcome Jr at Warren, but I don't think he'd play much.

http://ohsaa.org/Eligibility/Transfer

thebarlowbandit
All State

If you want a big college to look at you, you should probably play with a real AAU outfit, that is where basketball recruiting occurs due to the seasons being the same time as high schools, colleges get out in the spring and summer. But you can't get their playing in the small gym tournaments in SE Ohio and Parkersburg.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:If you want a big college to look at you, you should probably play with a real AAU outfit, that is where basketball recruiting occurs due to the seasons being the same time as high schools, colleges get out in the spring and summer. But you can't get their playing in the small gym tournaments in SE Ohio and Parkersburg.
Agreed. Hate the argument that kids transfer because of "exposure." If you get with a good AAU team that travels at least regionally playing against other top competition, you'll get your looks there.

ROLL PEAKE
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Curious as to the procedures involved if a player wants to Transfer-You hear so many stories-Some players seem to make a smooth transition others have to sit out half a season. Does the mileage distance between schools make a difference??-What if a player would transfer from say a Division 2 to a Division 1 even if it was Right down the Road??-Would like to hear any input or stories of a player who Transferred and it changed their life-We all know the story of Ibi Watson leaving Athens for Pickerington Central and it was the best move his Mother could have ever made-Now playing for Michigan-Would he be playing for Michigan if he would have stayed at Athens??

Your kid not get to play enough tonight?
I really hate to say it, but I kinda have to agree with bandit on something.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Lol-Ok....Barlow always has to make this personal-It is quite Comical-What is the source of all this Angst-It is a general question and one that surfaces in Sports-And quite Frankly SEOPREPS has been boring lately-Probably because I have been busy and not much of a chance to get on lately.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:Lol-Ok....Barlow always has to make this personal-It is quite Comical-What is the source of all this Angst-It is a general question and one that surfaces in Sports-And quite Frankly SEOPREPS has been boring lately-Probably because I have been busy and not much of a chance to get on lately.
However over in the topic Athens versus VC you are saying the answers are there, but things aren't being done right...meaning something possibly personal not happening the way you would like and placing a little blame on coaching...I think that's what I read between the lines...lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Lol-Ok....Barlow always has to make this personal-It is quite Comical-What is the source of all this Angst-It is a general question and one that surfaces in Sports-And quite Frankly SEOPREPS has been boring lately-Probably because I have been busy and not much of a chance to get on lately.
However over in the topic Athens versus VC you are saying the answers are there, but things aren't being done right...meaning something possibly personal not happening the way you would like and placing a little blame on coaching...I think that's what I read between the lines...lol
There's more that a little blame being put on the coaches lol maybe they'll put in to be an assistant next year since they know all of the answers that the Bulldogs need.

thebarlowbandit
All State

tvc_fan wrote:

Exactly, makes veiled post and then wants to claim that he's just trying to "shake-things up, because the board is boring. Then you run off and get offended when people see through your agenda.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
Read into it what you want. Things can be taken out of context through Print obviously. Bulldog doesn't have an answer-so I was giving him some clues-It's not Rocket Science

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Read into it what you want. Things can be taken out of context through Print obviously. Bulldog doesn't have an answer-so I was giving him some clues-It's not Rocket Science
Yes you can say that, but just so happens you started a Topic about Transferring...Come on man, not hard to put 2 and 2 together,

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Yes you can say that, but just so happens you started a Topic about Transferring...Come on man, not hard to put 2 and 2 together,
Glad to see you can add....Did you use Both your feet???

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Read into it what you want. Things can be taken out of context through Print obviously. Bulldog doesn't have an answer-so I was giving him some clues-It's not Rocket Science
And now see, before these posts you were all cool, calm and collective, friendly and funny. And now all of a sudden you're defensive.It's okay man, just say you aren't happy with the coaching in Athens and you are wanting to find out what you need to do to move your kid or relative, to avoid him having to sit out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't speak for anyone else but

I just want to put out there that my kid won't transfer to play basketball under any circumstances. If he were elite (pretty sure fire future D1 college player)....then maybe if it were necessary purposes. He won't be going to greener pastures so he can play sparingly at OUC.

Be a part of the answer, not a part of the problem.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:I don't speak for anyone else but

I just want to put out there that my kid won't transfer to play basketball under any circumstances. If he were elite (pretty sure fire future D1 college player)....then maybe if it were necessary purposes. He won't be going to greener pastures so he can play sparingly at OUC.

Absolutely. If little johnny isn't get playing time, there's probably a reason. What happened to the parents that would say "get better" or "work harder"?? Instead we live in a society where it's "well that coach is stupid, we'll show him."

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

If a kid isn't playing at one school, and will play at another school and it makes them happy, what's the problem?

With open enrollment, kids transfer for all kinds of reasons these days. Playing time is just one of many reasons.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
And now see, before these posts you were all cool, calm and collective, friendly and funny. And now all of a sudden you're defensive.It's okay man, just say you aren't happy with the coaching in Athens and you are wanting to find out what you need to do to move your kid or relative, to avoid him having to sit out.[/quote I'm still wanting those MegaMillion and Powerball numbers-Since you all can read minds-This is Hilarious-You all don't think I can steer you in the direction I want you to think-or Circumspect??-You really think any of this matters???-What a joke-it's a Game and I have more Flair and Brains in my Pinky Finger than a couple on here combined....Funny Stuff-But it keeps me Entertained-And when you think you have me Figured out I'm 2 steps ahead-Cause it's one Fun Chess Game.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:I don't speak for anyone else but

Absolutely. If little johnny isn't get playing time, there's probably a reason. What happened to the parents that would say "get better" or "work harder"?? Instead we live in a society where it's "well that coach is stupid, we'll show him."
Spot freaking on!!!
Whoever started this topic, you're not mentally tough, so you got on here and started an anonymous thread. Good job. And guess what, your son isn't playing because he's probably not mentally tough either. And guess what, it's YOUR fault. You made him that way by doing stuff like this thread his whole career. I use words like mentally tough. But a few years back you were called a "sissy". And it still applies.

Return to “Boys Basketball”