State of Eastern Pike basketball

eagle country
Freshman Team

State of Eastern Pike basketball

Post by eagle country »

I don't know what's going on with thus team I know offensively they struggle and we are starting to play a me me game and not team I know barrick is a game coach but don't think he is getting through to team

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: State of Eastern Pike basketball

Post by Eaglesnest »

Heard they got beat tonight. If they are playing me ball instead of team ball, only one person can stop that. That is the coach. Hope they come out of it before tournaments.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

eagle country wrote:I don't know what's going on with thus team I know offensively they struggle and we are starting to play a me me game and not team I know barrick is a game coach but don't think he is getting through to team
I bet he will.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Really, two posters with less than 50 post together are going to appear after a loss and bash one of the best coaches in Ohio? And make post towards other players in a vailed manner? Tell little Johnny to suck it up and get better to earn their time and place on the team.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Hope you are right Ironman92 this team is very talented but we are forcing shots and not passing to a better shot and nothing has been done so far it's getting out of hand

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Really, two posters with less than 50 post together are going to appear after a loss and bash one of the best coaches in Ohio? And make post towards other players in a vailed manner? Tell little Johnny to suck it up and get better to earn their time and place on the team.
I'm not bashing coach I like him and think he's a great coach but I don't feel the players ALL NOT FEW are buying into his system they can't get it together as a team forcing shot and can barely score 40. Pts a game

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

And thebarlowbandit I don't have a Lil johnny on team mine played under coach Fitch I'm just a eagle fan and know that they are capable of more then we have seen

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

eagle country wrote:And thebarlowbandit I don't have a Lil johnny on team mine played under coach Fitch I'm just a eagle fan and know that they are capable of more then we have seen

You say you support the coach and know what they're capable of yet you put a thread on this website that, chances are, probably those same players your frustrated with will read. You have a hall of fame coach, who knows how to win, after the previous coach (who was also a good one), was forced out of his job. You should feel fortunate to be where you're at. No doubt the Eagles will be fine come tourney time.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Not bashing the coach thebarlowbandit. Just saying he is the captain of the ship. He is the one to fix any problems on the team, NOT the parents or fans.

thebarlowbandit
All State

bobcat2015 wrote:
eagle country wrote:And thebarlowbandit I don't have a Lil johnny on team mine played under coach Fitch I'm just a eagle fan and know that they are capable of more then we have seen

You say you support the coach and know what they're capable of yet you put a thread on this website that, chances are, probably those same players your frustrated with will read. You have a hall of fame coach, who knows how to win, after the previous coach (who was also a good one), was forced out of his job. You should feel fortunate to be where you're at. No doubt the Eagles will be fine come tourney time.

+1

Well said

thebarlowbandit
All State

Eaglesnest wrote:Not bashing the coach thebarlowbandit. Just saying he is the captain of the ship. He is the one to fix any problems on the team, NOT the parents or fans.

So let him fix it, you on here spreading your wisdom of out of control selfish play and coach not doing his job isn't actually helping anything. And if you believed that Eastern was going 22-0 in the regular season was going to happen, well then you are "special". Basketball is a long season, there are ups and downs for all teams.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Eastern Pike like 12-4 and people losing their shite!?! Calm down and let the Hall of Famer do his thing.*

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

art_vandelay wrote:Eastern Pike like 12-4 and people losing their shite!?! Calm down and let the Hall of Famer do his thing.*
Exactly. A few losses and they are questioning the team as if they are 4-12.

People look to find any excuse they can to question a coaches ability or outlook of a team. Sometimes teams get beat because they have an off night shooting, or, get this, they get beat because the other team just played better. We are talking about high school kids playing basketball. They are not professionals, so their performance will often be inconsistent.

thebarlowbandit
All State

I don't think "they" is appropriate, more like two with an agenda.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:I don't think "they" is appropriate, more like two with an agenda.
Are you a fan or a dad? Every player has a role on the team. Some are scorers, some play defense, etc. quit whining about players and sit in the stands and watch basketball. Your son not scoring enough isn't your problem, nor will you fix it by bringing it to a forum full of fans/watchers.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

This entire thread is laughable. I have one, "What's the state of people that have never coached..." I'll just stop.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

It's not big secret we have problems shooting the ball and if a team takes away our ability to drive to the rim then it's gonna be a rough night for my Eagles. 13-4 is our record I've seen games where I thought man this team is good then I've seen the ones where I wonder how we beat anybody. We have athletes and kids that can play good D but as a program from Jr high and up not a lot of shooters and we need to work hard on this part of the game. Coach Barrick has a lot more wins than I have so I don't question a lot, but Eagle Country I agree we have to stop the forcing of bad shots, some are not even really called shots. We have a good team, if we get it together I can see us in Athens playing for district championship but on the other hand I can see us not leaving Northwest if we don't get it together. 5 games left hoping the Eagles get fired up and can play as a team the way I know they can. Go Eagles.

GO EAGLES
thebarlowbandit
All State

js7_22 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:I don't think "they" is appropriate, more like two with an agenda.
Are you a fan or a dad? Every player has a role on the team. Some are scorers, some play defense, etc. quit whining about players and sit in the stands and watch basketball. Your son not scoring enough isn't your problem, nor will you fix it by bringing it to a forum full of fans/watchers.

I'm simply an outsider who despises those who want to place blame game.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

I haven't been to all of the games but the games that I have been to I've walked away not impressed with the offense at all. Hardly any ball movement at all and poor outside shooting. Very impressed with the defense but if you can't put the ball in the hole then it's gonna be tough to make much of a run in the tournament.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Really, two posters with less than 50 post together are going to appear after a loss and bash one of the best coaches in Ohio? And make post towards other players in a vailed manner? Tell little Johnny to suck it up and get better to earn their time and place on the team.
Sad, but the world we live in. Most don't take responsibility for their actions, just instantly look for a reason as to why "Lil Johnny" isn't "getting his". Coach Barrick is a HOF'er ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”