State of Eastern Pike basketball

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Re: State of Eastern Pike basketball

Post by Gold and Blue »

I think Eastern is fine.Sure we all want our team to win every game. Just don't fail to give other team credit if they play better that night.

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

I'm pretty shocked I'm even reading this. The wheels have far from fallen off the wagon. This is a slump and all teams go through them. Losing to good teams on the road is not the same thing as losing to teams you should beat by 20. If you've ever followed any Wheelersburg basketball Tom Barrick teams peak when it matters most. The last thing any team needs is the pot to be stirred for no good reason.

Having said all that GO EAGLES!

6+4+3=2
Waterboy

Post by 6+4+3=2 »

They will be fine. This is one of the most athletic teams I have ever watched play. They are going to find a way to win. In my opinion, a quality loss can be equally as beneficial as another win when you are an athletically gifted team, as long as you learn from it. It makes them wiser as they need to peak. Sit back and enjoy. All is good.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

It should be considered a blessing that you all have Tom Barrick on the sidelines for you all. Everybody in the stands thinks they can coach and have all the answers. LOL. Just remember, their's a reason why we are all in the stands and not on the sidelines. Always pointing fingers to coaches, when the kids are the ones out on the floor making, or not making plays. Eastern is fine. Perfectly fine. I look for them to have a rematch with Waterford at some point of the tournament. They will be playing at the Convo, no doubt. I wish we had that 13-4 problem

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

6+4+3=2 wrote:They will be fine. This is one of the most athletic teams I have ever watched play. They are going to find a way to win. In my opinion, a quality loss can be equally as beneficial as another win when you are an athletically gifted team, as long as you learn from it. It makes them wiser as they need to peak. Sit back and enjoy. All is good.
I agree with you but sometimes these boys seem lost on court this is one of best team Eastern has had since late 80s talent wise I know we have a great coach but he can't make shots for them really need to get the offensive side going before tourney time

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Eastern is fine, I think the expectations were a little higher than they should have been. Nonetheless, they've had a successful season with a not very deep bench.

They're looking at probably a 2 seed and a good chance to make it to the Convo.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Eastern is fine, I think the expectations were a little higher than they should have been. Nonetheless, they've had a successful season with a not very deep bench.

They're looking at probably a 2 seed and a good chance to make it to the Convo.
Coming into the season I thought we would lose 3 or 4 games so we are on par with what I thought. I figured Clay would get us once (They did) and Oak Hill, LC , East could be games that could go either way. I really didn't think Western would be one of the loses but I got that one wrong. Before we lost a couple players I seen us playing 9 or 10 guys but we have played 8 pretty consistently.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”