Waterford?

Preppy
Waterboy

Waterford?

Post by Preppy »

9-0 in league, 0-3 out of league. I know they are solid, but will the non league losses hurt them a good bit for the draw? Will the losses help them in tournament play?

TVC
Varsity

Re: Waterford?

Post by TVC »

No it will not hurt them at all because no other team is even close to them record wise. Very weak sectional.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Playing better teams always tends to make your team better....thus you're better prepared for the tournament run. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They lost at Fort Frye - a DIII team that could make it to districts.
They lost at DIII Portsmouth early in the year without 3 players.
They lost at DIII Worthington Christian, who is 12-3 and ranked No. 1 in the Columbus Dispatch coaches poll in this week.

Waterford has already clinched the No. 1 seed, playing good teams can only help.

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

I knew Portsmouth and Fort Frye, I wasn't aware of who the 3rd loss was to. I agree, losses to those 3 teams will for sure help.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

And they play Warren February 11 at Waterford which ought to be a good challenge for them.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

warrior90 wrote:And they play Warren February 11 at Waterford which ought to be a good challenge for them.
I'm really interested in this matchup. They played the foundation game, but of course that wasn't at all the same Waterford so it didn't really tell much (last year was much better). The senior group at Waterford has gone toe to toe with Warren in the last few years - two years ago, in an impromptu JV game (scheduled because both teams had the capacity to pick up an extra game) Waterford put an end to Warren's perfect JV record.

Certainly JV games and foundation games aren't strict predictors of varsity contests, but I've seen enough of them to be intrigued by the matchup (where otherwise I'd have taken Warren by a large margin just based on school size).

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Waterford also plays Fort Frye again on Feb. 4th at The Greenhouse. This should be another dandy of a game.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I see Waterford only plays a 21 schedule, why wouldn't they reschedule that Africentric game that would have been a good test for them, or do they not want to play them, because theymight meet in the regionals

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Waterford vs South Gallia score?

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Waterford won 77-54

Return to “Boys Basketball”